General thoughts on the exam (1 Viewer)

bboyelement

HSC
yeh it was alright with a few tricky questions ... i made some stupid mistakes in multiple choice... oh well

s2indie

HSC
From the semiconductors onwards I was really happy.

Surprisingly, the first half was a bit challenging, but it was overall a very good paper with none of of the more specific questions I was expecting.

The Multiple Choice would've screwed me over heaps. And I'm prone to making silly mistakes.

Astrophysics was so good though :D

angmor

momentica-one.deviantart.
HSC
For the one where it said what if the temperature was decreased in copper - what effect would it have on the falling magnet....

how do we go about answering that? are we supposed to know that copper is a better conductor at low temperatures??

aznraverz

HSC
boys & girls seriously physics wasnt as bas as FKN ENGLISH seriously fark!! oh yea i guess all well except the calculation could really drag u down... fark the bright side is every1 do shit better scalin =D=D

vnblueberry

HSC
i wish they released raw marks
so we can see those people who said
they will get 90-95 (or 100 in the case of elias89) raw mark (excluding those who are genuine genius') and laugh at their approximation :rofl:.

sure, it was a decent paper, but put things in perspective. you did other years test BEFORE this test, so you learnt from your mistakes in past exams, expanding your knowledge, making this test easier. its all relative .. is it not?

Last edited:

Elias89

i_h8_IPT
HSC
yeh well i reckon i prob got high 95s or maybe even 100 in that exam. it was pretty weak compared to the 2005 paper and anyone whos looking at 70 didnt revise their work

JustWin

HSC
does it effect ur scaled mark depending on the school u go?
how does that work? cus apparently if everyone does well in the year, we get scaled up even more

XcarvengerX

Chocobo
HSC
haque said:
i apologise for any feelings hurt-i never had that intention but my fear is that those who make silly mistakes, even though they are quite able will be brought down due to the easy questions-if the questions were hard then the silly mistakes were compensated-it'd be good if everyone got band sixes but the scaling would be low-and i need all the scaling i can get to achieve the Malcolm Chaikin scholarship
Good luck for your scholarship.

Anyway, HSC Physics from what I heard is very different from Uni Physics (if you want to do physics in university) due to the way the NSW BOS examined us. HSC Physics is more language orientated (qualitative and history - you remember and memorise) whereas uni Physics is more like Math and research (quantitative and communication - understand the concept, then trying to come up with something on your own). But still HSC Physics is a good background knowledge to know.

P_Dilemma

Extraordinary Entertainer
HSC
Physics paper was sweet, i'm glad i studied with friend, it helped loads.

Although, allowing margin for error, i belive i'd probably get a mark of about 80%, maybe a bit more, hopefully :D

But compared to English, WOO!

-P_D

Ry

HSC
I thought the exam was really good. So much easier than previous years. I reckon i got 90% or more. I did the astro option, so simple. I had an hour left over at the end so i wrote like 2 pages on a 3 mark question coz i was bored. So yea, i reckon i got the marks.
Very happy with that exam.

dunno04

HSC
it is ok.
BUt they word it more complicated..so that it is harder for people.

Tricky
But okay.

=D

Jimmy Pax

HSC
hai guyz wats teh fizs sicks?

Edit: Aka, I died. Like 10 times. In the multiple choice.

XcarvengerX

Chocobo
HSC
Ry said:
I thought the exam was really good. So much easier than previous years. I reckon i got 90% or more. I did the astro option, so simple. I had an hour left over at the end so i wrote like 2 pages on a 3 mark question coz i was bored. So yea, i reckon i got the marks.
Very happy with that exam.
Hmm, try medical physics option. It is the easiest option and there is only one tricky question from H11 part of syllabus worth 3 marks and 1 similar question with CSSA 2006 worth 7 marks. Congrats CSSA people for predicting this question.

yankyfly

HSC
The marks from the options are scaled according to how well the students who completed that option went in the rest of the test. So if your option was easy, you better hope that you didn;t lose some easy marks. You also better hope that the poeple answering your option gunned the paper, so that your option mark can get scaled well accordingly.

As for the paper. I really wanted to leave having answered every question fully. I know i screwed up the GPe question and that pisses me off. I thought the test was relatively difficult

XcarvengerX

Chocobo
HSC
yankyfly said:
The marks from the options are scaled according to how well the students who completed that option went in the rest of the test. So if your option was easy, you better hope that you didn;t lose some easy marks. You also better hope that the poeple answering your option gunned the paper, so that your option mark can get scaled well accordingly.

As for the paper. I really wanted to leave having answered every question fully. I know i screwed up the GPe question and that pisses me off. I thought the test was relatively difficult
Yeah I knew this stuff. My teacher told me once.

The problem with Medical Physics is that it is too easy that I believe many would not do so great on their cores. I opposed doing this option from day one (I wanted to do Quanta to Quarks because it looked interesting) but since few of my classmates intended to study diagnostic radiography or medical in university and I didn't know what I wanted to do at that time, so yeah, as a class we decided to do Medical and I couldn't be bothered studying other option on my own.

yenvi11

HSC
the exam is not as hard as i've image!!!
it's kind of easier than the last 2 years, 2004, 2005!!! this year they don't have any weird question!!!
i think i'm ok with it!!!!

karumi

HSC
>_< ahh I didn't like it at all but that's just me. 36 hours of cramming the entire physics course of 1 year doesn't really work. I'm still blissfully hoping my exam marker will be blind and think all my answers are correct ... that and I had Japanese afterwards. Worst day of my life with 6 hours of exams in total! *cries*

StYlez-

HSC
multiple choice was easy, cept the transformer 1, forgot voltage could go negative -_-"

distance between the two wires was difficult, i only subb'd the first value of mass into F = mg

then used the first value of current, when u use the average.

prolly lost most my marks in the 4/6 mark questions, prolly only get 3/5 max.

overall. easier than last year.

at least we didnt get any stupid michael jordan questions

HSC
said:
Multi-choice:
10) DC Transformer. Didn't notice it was a DC transformer.
fuck!!! - i picked the AC current and I semi-realised that it didn't make sense because the secondary current was bigger then the primary current ...

are you sure ... i thought transformers (of that style) only worked with AC current?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)