General thoughts on the whole English Adv. Paper 2 (1 Viewer)

HSC
i thought it was pretty crappy, the gwen harwood question sucked, my teacher told us we only needed to know 2 poems and a general understanding of the rest of them...

the emma/clueless question was great tho... wrote quite a bit
frontline was ok

my hand hurts!

my writing was pretty shocking...

amy rose

phew!

I am just so relieved that is over, it felt so good to come home and realise ive finished 2U english FOREVER....i thought the paper was a relief after all the hype about how paper 1's easiness would mean paper 2 would be horrible.....i thought it was so lucky for us to not get asked text types....possibly the broadest paper 1 and 2 overall.....we got lucky!

cataleptic

HSC
I think it was fairly easy in that it was quite adaptable.

I think they'll mark it harder though, to even things out. Just because the questions were a little broad doesn't mean you can just write down everything you know.

mjhilton

HSC
Man, we got off so incredibly easily!!!
I thought that after the easy journey paper they were gonna slam us with radio interviews and letters to the editor in the modules, but...
3 ESSAYS!!! How much better can it get!
BR/BNW, BOS Speech Booklet, & Antony and Cleopatra questions were quite good
And best of all, that hideous english syllabus is over forever!
Never again, w00t!
*Ecstatic*

kyu_chan

the REAL nightmare begins
HSC
Thank Goddess it was a good paper =)

For me anyway

lil_nat_cat

HSC
It wasn't actually that bad.

Suprised that pretti much they were all essays.......
They were....right?!

The Brave New World/Bladerunner, King Lear, Frontline Q's were quite good~

Last edited:

rachael230

yeah, i agree, it was awesome that they were all essays. i dont think they'll mark harder than other years. they'll make it fair so the marks are pretty even, but we're not connected to the 04s or 03s at all. we're only competing against each other, and so it doesnt matter how they were marked before, or even how easy the questions were, coz everyones in the same boat.
that said. im bloody glad it was easy :)

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
Very straight-foward paper, where I think the good students will be seperated from the average students is in the module requirements. For instance 'In The Wild' required the two texts AND context to be compared in order to formulate the response. You may get away with an ok mark if you showed how interest was maintained without looking at context, BUT the better marks will go to the students who were able to do so. Same goes for Critical Study module, where the texts reception in different contexts should be an area you look at in your argument.

btw - by no means am i saying i am one of the these 'good' students. lol.

Last edited:

sam_account

HSC
i reckon the paper overall was alrite , but the 3 speeches screwed me over.!!! i only did like 1/2 for keating--mostly made up stuff!!!

but neways..no more hsc eng!!!!!!

burnzy

mjhilton said:
Man, we got off so incredibly easily!!!
I thought that after the easy journey paper they were gonna slam us with radio interviews and letters to the editor in the modules, but...
3 ESSAYS!!! How much better can it get!
BR/BNW, BOS Speech Booklet, & Antony and Cleopatra questions were quite good
And best of all, that hideous english syllabus is over forever!
Never again, w00t!
*Ecstatic*
lol, some one else that uses the word woot, what a champ
i thought that was heaps easier than what i was expecting although the powerplay question left a bit up to interpretation. So lucky for speeches, i did a cram this morning to look at a third one
Woot to no more english ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HSC
in the midst of your jubilation, spare a thought to us extension english kids who still have another week or so more of hsc english to go

poor extension kids...

:'(

bustinjustin

HSC
~ ReNcH ~ said:
I was surprised that they didn't ask for one "creative" for Paper 2...virtually all essays, which was nice. As holla_back_girl said I think BOS let us off, although I have to say that having done Speeches, Module B was unfair. Module A (BNW/BR) was very straight-forward, as was Module C but my main concern is Module B.

Overall difficulty for me: 7/10 (10 being the most difficult). Had I not been asked for three speeches, 6/10.
I reckon the Module B - a discussion between two students (or what could've been approached in this way) allowed for quite a bit of creativity. I was glad they allowed for this text type and informal language because it's so tacky giving personal opinions in a formal essay

leigha

HSC
THREE poems

I did Mod B last and was completely SCREWED over with the three poems...i thought the Q was very open and didn't really specify a text type, so i just wrote it as a persausive argument/essay. All i did for poem no. 3 was insert a quote of it in line, comparing it to 1 of the other ones. Anyone else do something like this?

get_born

That was a pretty good paper - i feel sorry for the 2001 HSC people i think it was that had a speech specified (Lincoln) - that has to be the most straight forward exam yet - i was thinking it was a little easier because of the decline in students doing the HSC - but just a theory.

soul_guardian

HSC
I thought the paper was relatively straight forward, with module b the only section that could hav caused some confusion.

I only had problems with the time restraints

o0_jolie_0o

HSC
Maybe it was just me that found it hard.. I just blanked out.. the questions were straightforward.. too straightforward to the extent I didn't know what to right first >_< My essays weren't even structured properly

dumfounded_me

HSC
bustinjustin said:
I reckon the Module B - a discussion between two students (or what could've been approached in this way) allowed for quite a bit of creativity. I was glad they allowed for this text type and informal language because it's so tacky giving personal opinions in a formal essay
I never thought of it like that, do you think we'll be penalized for doing a simple essay? I thought it just meant write another essay to reinforce the first one that was challenged by the other student. *is worried now* I thought I did ok, got a little messy to begin with, but Emma vs Clueless isn't my best module, I'd say Frontline was the best, but now you've made me think twice about Lear....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)