General Thoughts: Physics (1 Viewer)

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A
It was more mathematical and more Physics related (ie. no lame "assess" questions) than other years. I liked it :)

seanstakes

HSC
hardest test i've ever tried, many people pretty annoyed at school cause of all the calculations, WAYYYY more then 30% LIKE IT SHOULD BE. Heard that one of my friends cried after the test cause of how hard it was.

jono2112

HSC
It was more mathematical and more Physics related (ie. no lame "assess" questions) than other years. I liked it :)
I agree, the level of maths in the paper made for a better paper in my opinion. Just glad nothing came up on x-ray crystals or anything like that. Overall not a bad test. some hard parts but mostly straight forward.

La Bomba

HSC
number 1 is c. if u forgot the speed changes caus of the slingshot affect, the gravity and rotational motion of the earth propels the object changing its speed, or decreasing its speed.

tonyharrison

HSC
I wanted a cannonball fired off a cliff question soo badllyyy.
Those projectiles are so much better cause you can actually tell if your answer is correct or not. Not dumbass electrons where the calculations are so small it's stupid <_<

I can't tell how i went haha.
Screwed up that conductor through the magnetic field MC question tho arrghh

Quanta to Quarks was pretty sweet.

clonestar

Physicist/*******
HSC
N/A
Re: 2009 HSC Physics - How did you go?

For Q5 I am now thinking possibly C as the force remains unchanged and this is due to the force existing between Earth and the moon only.

Surely though there would be some retrograde effect from the force of the sun on the moon.....albeit minor. This is why all orbits are never perfect circles BOS!!!! and I bet you will give it as C.... LAME!!!!

Poor Physics NSWBOS!!!

Last edited:

Dx_God

HSC

clonestar, d is like the basic definition for GPE but however u r asked 4 the difference not just a point. u don't need the work of moving infinte 2 tat higher orbit. ur basically only need 2 apply the difference between the 2 lvls and through law of conservation of energy it would archive the specific GPE and altitude of the higer orbit. (i've done alot of mathmatical question on it eg. find the extra kinetic energy required 2 move a satellite by blah blah altitudes which is finding the workdone (workdone=energy))

shady145

Banned
HSC
everything was good except for the lat 6 marker in Q2Q... what are the main points you put... i just made 3 pages of stuff up that i thought related to the question

copeys

HSC
number 1 is c. if u forgot the speed changes caus of the slingshot affect, the gravity and rotational motion of the earth propels the object changing its speed, or decreasing its speed.
That's what I thought

Wintersun91

HSC
First q in MC was disguisting, because it depends on which reference frame youre in - gains speed relative to the sun but doesnt gain speed relative to the planet..... Confused the crap outta me.

buildabridge

HSC
I liked it because I'm more of a mathsy person I guess. Med. physics was easy. Multiple choice was pretty tricky - overall I think easier than chem.

00iCon

HSC
exept for the Analyse question. but i liked it too.
predictions: Someone will get 100%
I will get 98

Last edited:

clonestar

Physicist/*******
HSC
N/A

clonestar, d is like the basic definition for GPE but however u r asked 4 the difference not just a point. u don't need the work of moving infinte 2 tat higher orbit. ur basically only need 2 apply the difference between the 2 lvls and through law of conservation of energy it would archive the specific GPE and altitude of the higer orbit. (i've done alot of mathmatical question on it eg. find the extra kinetic energy required 2 move a satellite by blah blah altitudes which is finding the workdone (workdone=energy))
Ohhh I agree with you no question about it but what are we looking for here the BEST answer right????

Based on that for Q3 there is C and D. I stand by the premise that D is missing key words and then again so to is C.....which could be argued both ways.. And if so then based on that rule then C is > than D even though their is a failure to reflect the difference from a large distance away? Why do they right such poor answers.....? this is not an English exam...

AMBIGUITY in the NSW HSC PHYSICS EXAM?.. PHYSICISTS SAY NO!!!

Last edited:

tonyharrison

HSC

Yeah didn't like mc much.
Was doing a practise exam this morn and mc was sweet. got to the exam FAILLLL

not fair :(

tian1chen

HSC
i think they screwed up in making up the questions there where way too many questions on motors and generators, was hoping that it was going to be a bit more based on space topic. Overall not too hard if you do maths Ext

Randomboy

HSC
Im so annoyed i didnt pick up that the electron was a projectile, 5mins after the exam finished i was like "Angle, initial velocity, force down (a) OMG ITS A FUCKEN PROJECTILE"

:( Sneaky bastards.....

Good paper, Astro was easy - 6 marker in Astro was glorious.

Well done BOS, finally got one right!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)