General Thoughts: Physics (1 Viewer)

IR

HSC
Also qv is the work done on moving across the electric field. So if it was not a stopping voltage it has nothing to no with kinetic energy besides providing it more after liberation.

inkdririe

HSC
Some areas were difficult and others were pretty easy. Astrophysics option was awesome ;)

The KE graph question stumped me too though haha.

orcevalm

HSC
how did you guys draw the gravitational potential energy graph? i just drew an increasing PE till 10 and straight line till 40mins dunno if its right

Prawnchip

HSC
how did you guys draw the gravitational potential energy graph? i just drew an increasing PE till 10 and straight line till 40mins dunno if its right
Pretty much but when you drew the increasing GPE did you just draw a straight line? Or was it curved? :/

Chris100

HSC
One must remember that the gravitational potential energy equation is -Gmm/d
So the curve should be negative, that's why the graph given had 0 in the centre to confuse students whether it should be above or below the x-axis

Kobweb

HSC
N/A
Can someone post the paper, or know where to find one? Thanks

cashmoe

HSC
Best decision of mine: Quanta to Quarks to Age of silicon

rated

HSC
Funny how there was no 'impacts on environment' question, most of it was related to society

iStudent

HSC
Work function is a constant and has absolutely nothing to do with external field. It's the energy required to liberate. The only thing 0 sows that it was provided the exact work function on from light. I think it has something to do with. Gradient.
Yea you have to overcome work function to liberate electrons. It's the voltage that eliminated it (by giving the electrons more energy, if that makes sense). Hence you have to equate work function somehow with voltage. W=qV works perfectly. (they are also both in joules)

The gradient is planck's constant I'm not sure if you can find it that way.

Unless someone else found a better method, I'm sure this is the right one. I'm pretty sure that with a high voltage you can liberate elections without photoelectric effect. Again, shows that voltage does have something to do with electrons overcoming work function.

The circuit is also connected in such a way that the voltage gives the electrons a boost in energy. 4.1 volts is the amount of volts that photoelectric effect occurs at 0Hz. Shows that work function has just been overcome at this value.

I'm rambling but does that makes sense? :s

Last edited:

IR

HSC
Yea you have to overcome work function to liberate electrons. It's the voltage that eliminated it (by giving the electrons more energy, if that makes sense). Hence you have to equate work function somehow with voltage. W=qV works perfectly. (they are also both in joules)

The gradient is planck's constant I'm not sure if you can find it that way.

Unless someone else found a better method, I'm sure this is the right one. I'm pretty sure that with a high voltage you can liberate elections without photoelectric effect. Again, shows that voltage does have something to do with electrons overcoming work function.
If voltage eliminated it, whats the point of light? It said photoelectric, not thermionic.

Brightergull

HSC
wtfffff!! we were meant to properly plot the graph in the projectile question by shifting a certain amount and shit?? I though it was just meant to represent the shape of the parabola. plus the only thing i did was make sure both projectiles were on the same vertical level -.-

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)