General Thoughts: Science (1 Viewer)

Eg155

HSC
The only part of physics i like is .. the electromagnetic spectrum, everything else is bleh.
It's just a bunch of calculations that reminds me of math haha.
diddo. Also the astronomy stuff is interesting!

bleakarcher

HSC
Wait so H was wrong!!!!!???? I hate troll questions I swear!
r u talking about q48/49/50? if so: it said the solution turns blue litmus red meaning it is an acid. then for q50 it said which chemical reaction is shown, it was acid and carbonate. u know that as in the products forms a gas which turns lime water milky water ie carbon dioxide. carbon dioxide forms as a result of the reaction of an acid wif a base, hence it was d)

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
r u talking about q48/49/50? if so: it said the solution turns blue litmus red meaning it is an acid. then for q50 it said which chemical reaction is shown, it was acid and carbonate. u know that as in the products forms a gas which turns lime water milky water ie carbon dioxide. carbon dioxide forms as a result of the reaction of an acid wif a base, hence it was d)
I'm talking about the oldest fossil...

Eg155

HSC
thats the correct answer. law of superposition.
it couldn't have been H because the 'H' fossil was, yes the one on the bottom which would be correct in all accuracy- law of superposition, but the same fossil was also found at the top and was exposed, hence it was not the youngest fossil. K was.

Renegader

HSC
Was H on the far bottom right or was the one that was exposed? >.>

One of them were at the bottom but the same one occurred at the top, so I just picked the one above that.

Eg155

HSC
Was H on the far bottom right or was the one that was exposed? >.>

One of them were at the bottom but the same one occurred at the top, so I just picked the one above that.
yea, H is the one that was on the right and was exposed as well. The next one above it was K :)
Typical BOS trap. Gotta love 'em -.-

premskies

HSC
it couldn't have been H because the 'H' fossil was, yes the one on the bottom which would be correct in all accuracy- law of superposition, but the same fossil was also found at the top and was exposed, hence it was not the youngest fossil. K was.
yes what you're saying is right, but im 90% sure the question was asking which layer was the oldest AT THE TIME.. in that case, it would be H..
correct me if im wrong though.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
yes what you're saying is right, but im 90% sure the question was asking which layer was the oldest AT THE TIME.. in that case, it would be H..
correct me if im wrong though.
We may never know.... If it's H I'd be happy though..

Eg155

HSC
but at the same time h was also the youngest layer... oh well, it's over now :L

ProtoStar

HSC
N/A
Finished the exam like 45 mins early, went over it, still 30mins left. Felt like a rebel walking out that early lol.
But yeah, it wasn't too bad. Fluked that carbon cycle question. Ranted about cloning and stuff like growing ears on ,ice for biotech. So yeah. Not bad.

carpe_diem

HSC
I think its normal for science to have a lot of multiple choice, id rather multiple over short answer or extended response. But that biotechnology extended response was unordainary
LOL. There's ALWAYS a biotechnology question. Luckily, ours was just a multiple choice :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)