General Thoughts: Society and Culture (1 Viewer)

lita1000

HSC
Post your thoughts here

What did you like about the exam?

What were your most favourite parts?

Were there any hard problems?

joannaadele

HSC
tbh the exam was good but i have no idea how to structure an essay so it was just a pathetic word vomit + I ran out of time! How did everyone else find the test?

futuremidwife

HSC
Uni Grad
tbh the exam was good but i have no idea how to structure an essay so it was just a pathetic word vomit + I ran out of time! How did everyone else find the test?
Honestly, as long as you produced something that's readable, you've scored yourself some marks - so well done!

Do you by any chance remember the cont + change question?

joannaadele

HSC
apply a social theory to assess the role of technology on the impact of social change in a country

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joannaadele

HSC
i think, how'd you find the exam?

futuremidwife

HSC
Uni Grad
apply a social theory to assess the role of technology on the impact of social change in a country

Ouch, that's so specific! They've merged together 3 HUGE concepts - would never have saw that coming, tbh.

Wishing you the best of luck for your upcoming exams, Joannaadele! =)

joannaadele

HSC
killed me, i freaked out and forgot like everything. How was the markers for sac in your opinion? Like i didnt include anything about the future or social change :(

futuremidwife

HSC
Uni Grad
killed me, i freaked out and forgot like everything. How was the markers for sac in your opinion? Like i didnt include anything about the future or social change :(

Hmm, from my experience with how shitty my responses were (still managed a band 6...), I personally found that they're extremely lenient. I also found they like to award as many marks as they can. So, honestly, as long as you steered your response in the right direction and tried to construct your response in a way that renders most shades of the question, you should be hella fine. Plus, you have your PIP to lift your final mark up (remember, its 40%!).

Last edited:

joannaadele

HSC
ah yes the pip, tbh i liked mine but my teacher was like you'll get a 34 if youre luckly :( if i emailed it to you would you be able to have a look and give me a approx mark?

futuremidwife

HSC
Uni Grad
ah yes the pip, tbh i liked mine but my teacher was like you'll get a 34 if youre luckly :( if i emailed it to you would you be able to have a look and give me a approx mark?

Oh, I'm absolutely crap at estimations, but sure I won't mind. I'll PM you my email.

sweetalmond

HSC
N/A
I think the paper had some tricky questions. Especially for those who studied Belief systems and ideologies, depending on the one you studied the idea of authority influencing one belief system in relation to ethical issues seemed a bit vague and unclear and it was difficult to see a direct link. For example is they asked how does dissent impact on ethical issues u could discuss the contentions between different buddhist school of thought on ethical issues. I personally felt that authority was a bit ambiguous, did they mean both authority in the religion/ belief system or authority in terms of the state??
10 marker for continuity and change a bit hard, double banger.
I think they made it more challenging this year to avoid people simply memorising responses and easily scoring in high bands. But because the questions were vague, other peers interpreted it differently and subjects like SAC aren't black and white like maths and there is a lot of grey and vague areas in the syllabus. therefore, they should be lenient as its a very subjective, interpretative subject in my opinion and because there were lots of changes to the syllabus and exam structure they should be more fair in the marking
some of those multi choice were a bit tricky too!!!

Simran-

HSC
what do you think will be the raw mark b6 cut off? :uhoh:

mkristie

HSC
what do you think will be the raw mark b6 cut off? :uhoh:
my teacher said it's normally an 84-86 raw (including pip and exam) but i feel like it'll be pushed down this year based on the fact that it was a new syllabus and the general response to the exam was "WOOOOOOOOAH THAT WAS SO HARD, I GOT SCREWED OVER" lol. but then again, I don't know what the quality of the pips were this year and that's a pretty big chunk of the mark, so it might not change at all. I'm just hoping that the markers take the difficulty into consideration and give out marks for anything haha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)