General thoughts? (2 Viewers)

tox

HSC
Ugh what was with the individual and society question? Intimidation?

I just said "restriction and intimidation" about a million times, and grouped together "autonomy and freedom" but it made my essay really awkward.

Ohwell! No more english! xD

anniea89

HSC
I did Genre: REvenge TRagedy and found pretty good. I was luckily able to apply a story to the stimulus NOTE: I DIDN'T MEMORISE A STORY, I JUST KNEW THE BASIC PLOT.

The essay was good, except I didn't have time for my third text. It didn't apply very much to the question but that's ok I guess.

emilielovatt123

HSC
What did people think of the pomo question?
i thought it was crap
but still managed to write an essay
i talked about fowles etc breaking the illusion of a traditional narrative blah blah and this causing anxiety in responders.
it was shit, but i thoroughly enjoyed writing the creative hahaha
being pomo is fun :)

mikesena

mEo
HSC
TDjie said:
Yeahh ^__^ I did something like this, like a gateway to allow me to talk about values ~ ! ~ I also talked about characterisation alot and how the audience is connected to the archetypes within a text who are empassioned about sleuthing, or perpetrators who may be motivated by killing, and also the writer who is involved with this construction, and then the moral implications of this, and the moral implications of the society that we live in. Also that as the characters went through progressive stages of passion and detachment from the crime at hand they advanced further in their discovery, and thus the audience did as well in being drawn in, and then disconnected to see the bigger value painting as they were placed in the situations of the protagonist or perp.

If that made any sense, oh the nature of extension essays.
hahahaha yay someone else did it like me.

I said it was related to the reader and the ability of crime to be intruiging. i didn't think they wanted a superficial analysis of like passion within the story. i said that detachment in the crime though was the reader's desire to be separated from reality in the story or something like that.

it was a bs quesiton and we'll just have to wait and see as to what response was the best

karpensteeeen

HSC
collide said:
are u being serious? i found the c.f essay question hard!! never did i expect to see something about detachment and passion wtfff.
anyway i managed to bs but i recon it sounded too superficial. :(
*DIES. rofl.

Yeah, i honestly thought.. how the hell does passion and detachment have any relevance to crime fiction originally. i also bs'd - hope i did ok.

hahaha... i just dont care anymore lol, its over so soon! two more...:)

oldskoolsoldier

HSC
was well hard. Essay was okay but creative was shit i jus made it up off the dome. Does anyone know if the things scale differently? cus postmodernism was really hard ay

icedog9

HSC
anniea89 said:
I did Genre: REvenge TRagedy and found pretty good.
anniea89 said:
Hey our class did revenge tragedy as well... how many schools actually do it? what set texts did you use? I used Medea and The Revengers Tragedy... The essay was quite good and the story no real challenge... Think i may have been a bit short on detail for my related texts though... it sort of went

Intro
Genre
Evolution of genre
Medea
TRT
Platoon
Rambo: first blood
conclusion

Hope everyone at L.C.C.C went well...

JeffreyTse

HSC
I did the Postmodernism question. The Stimulus for the story was pretty basica and general. The essay question was heaps random. I did like 3 hours of study for it and i think i did well! LUCK.....

anniea89

HSC
Hey our class did revenge tragedy as well... how many schools actually do it? what set texts did you use? I used Medea and The Revengers Tragedy... The essay was quite good and the story no real challenge... Think i may have been a bit short on detail for my related texts though... it sort of went
I used Medea and High Noon, but we studied all 4 in class, so everyone picked what they wanted.
I used Munich and Death and the Maiden for my related texts.

Not sure how many do RT but this year was the first year our school had done it; previously we did crime fiction.

bratwurst

HSC
icedog9 said:
anniea89 said:
I did Genre: REvenge TRagedy and found pretty good.
anniea89 said:

Intro
Genre
Evolution of genre
Medea
TRT
Platoon
Rambo: first blood
conclusion

Hope everyone at L.C.C.C went well...
Thats a bad lie Lachlan Moulton. You infact want everyone to die slow painul deaths at Lumen (you know who I'm talkin about...). Icedog9 sick dog, I thought it was good. My story lacked a cathartic ending when in fact the man said PENS DOWN! The best i could get was "I did unto her what her father did unto my babies. And now I am here. Forever" Here referring to jail, he was meant to be found the next day hanging from his prison cell but those bloody examiners and their timing. The essay was good, good, good. I might do a very boredofstudies thng and say I did ... lets see ... 123.96 pages. Cause that is possible in an hour... :confused: The essay was good, refered the texts well hopefully. My related were KIll Bill and Man on Fire. I'd like to thank the academy...

Mevelyn2551

HSC
anniea89 said:
I did Genre: REvenge TRagedy and found pretty good. I was luckily able to apply a story to the stimulus NOTE: I DIDN'T MEMORISE A STORY, I JUST KNEW THE BASIC PLOT.

The essay was good, except I didn't have time for my third text. It didn't apply very much to the question but that's ok I guess.
You didnt have time for your THIRD text? But... they asked for TWO prescribed and TWO related.

Mevelyn2551

HSC
I think the entire course scales the same regardless of what module or elective you chose. Thats why I never understood the english teacher arguement of "We are doing this elective because it is more difficult and will make you look more sophisticated". Its just as possible to get 25/25 for The language of sport as it is for postmodernism as it is for revenge tragedy as it is for gendered language (shudder).

Ademir

HSC
the essay for individual and society was a gift, and the stimulus for the story was fairly adaptable. all round a better exam than the previous years i feel

lucy--

HSC
village-idoit36 said:
I think the entire course scales the same regardless of what module or elective you chose. Thats why I never understood the english teacher arguement of "We are doing this elective because it is more difficult and will make you look more sophisticated". Its just as possible to get 25/25 for The language of sport as it is for postmodernism as it is for revenge tragedy as it is for gendered language (shudder).
nup, as for every subject with different options and whatnot they scale it accordingly. if everyone does really shit in say, post modernism, and the marks are a lot lower than all the other options, they'll scale it up accordingly, as its obviously a harder option.

its the same with advanced. and everything

ahen

Sexy Member
HSC
lucy-- said:
nup, as for every subject with different options and whatnot they scale it accordingly. if everyone does really shit in say, post modernism, and the marks are a lot lower than all the other options, they'll scale it up accordingly, as its obviously a harder option.

its the same with advanced. and everything
yes! hopefully every school other than mine will fail gendered language! well seeing as hardly anyone does GL anyway... lol no no not "fail" but just...doesn't whoop my school's arse is all

that sounds fantastic but...HOW DO YOU KNOW? ARE YOU SURE? i just don't want to get my hopes up :( though it sounds credible seeing as its the reason our school chose the GL option in the first place

lucy--

HSC
ahen said:
yes! hopefully every school other than mine will fail gendered language! well seeing as hardly anyone does GL anyway... lol no no not "fail" but just...doesn't whoop my school's arse is all

that sounds fantastic but...HOW DO YOU KNOW? ARE YOU SURE? i just don't want to get my hopes up :( though it sounds credible seeing as its the reason our school chose the GL option in the first place
my mum is a teacher. she doesn't teach english though, she teaches P.E, but she knows they definitely do it for PE, but she also knows they do it for other subjects. also i think my [english] teacher mentioned something similar.

asmita.c

HSC
LOL im soo lame but

IDONT NOE HOW TO OPEN A NEW THREADD LOLL

so i just wrote in here lmao sorry !!

but does anyone does 2 unit studies of religion ??

i need some notes on religion and belief systems in Australia post 1945

ahen

Sexy Member
HSC
lucy-- said:
my mum is a teacher. she doesn't teach english though, she teaches P.E, but she knows they definitely do it for PE, but she also knows they do it for other subjects. also i think my [english] teacher mentioned something similar.
oh excellent!

and to the person above me , just go the the hsc forums and then to the religion thread then go to the post 1945 bit and go to the top left hand corner that says "new thread" - should be there
or alternately you could go to the resources section , via the homepage and scab notes from there
good luck! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)