General Thoughts (1 Viewer)

leesh95

HSC
Barium sulphate I think.

Now can someone answer me what would a 67 raw align to?

bangladesh

HSC
In whole paper? Good job haha. inb4 state no 1 eh! haha
I have lost 1 in multiple choice. Lost 2 in core and I'm probably gonna lose 2-3 for my option extended response (chem of art)
But then again, I might think that my other responses are good but the markers might think it's shit sooo yeah.
Highly doubt that I'll be good enough for a state rank. But thank you anyway :)))

Makematics

HSC
i got
a) Barium Shulfate
b) Pb2+ + 2Cl- = PbCl2
c) Add sodium hydroxide. Formation of blue precipitate suggests copper ions are present. To confirm dissolve precipitate in excess ammonia; a deep blue complex forms if copper is present.

KoshX87 How did u get a precipitate in aqueous state?
Can we do flame test to identify copper?

bangladesh

HSC
Can we do flame test to identify copper?
I'd assume so. Normally you can; however I'm not so sure what the actual question asked for and whether it wanted us to find it through ppt or not.
Normally flame test would be acceptable.

Makematics

HSC
I'd assume so. Normally you can; however I'm not so sure what the actual question asked for and whether it wanted us to find it through ppt or not.
Normally flame test would be acceptable.
Im pretty sure it said "state a test that could be used to confirm what the last cation is."

hayabusaboston

HSC
I don't disagree but how can you know with such certainty given that they haven't been marked yet?
M8 this is irrelevant I know but just 10 mins ago I suddenly began to feel so useless, like im a nobody, an empty human in an emotional and psychological void. What do I do wit myself....

Anyway back on topic, Ur right, I actually have no idea what state rank is lol, just going off roughly what it was previous years. Though my own as well as friend's suspicions of BoS slowly attempting to kill off rote learners with each years HSC seem to be coming true, so perhaps all the band cutoffs as well as state ranking marks will be slowly getting less and less each year, due to the BoS's implementation of questions which actually require critical thinking.

Btw I thought it was lead sulfate for precipitate 1, since they added HCl and chloride reacts with lead to form precipitate. My 2 cents.

bangladesh

HSC
M8 this is irrelevant I know but just 10 mins ago I suddenly began to feel so useless, like im a nobody, an empty human in an emotional and psychological void. What do I do wit myself....

Anyway back on topic, Ur right, I actually have no idea what state rank is lol, just going off roughly what it was previous years. Though my own as well as friend's suspicions of BoS slowly attempting to kill off rote learners with each years HSC seem to be coming true, so perhaps all the band cutoffs as well as state ranking marks will be slowly getting less and less each year, due to the BoS's implementation of questions which actually require critical thinking.

Btw I thought it was lead sulfate for precipitate 1, since they added HCl and chloride reacts with lead to form precipitate. My 2 cents.

Read what you just said in that sentence... How can lead react with chloride to give lead sulfate... First ppt was Lead chloride.

hayabusaboston

HSC
Read what you just said in that sentence... How can lead react with chloride to give lead sulfate... First ppt was Lead chloride.
Oh wait I meant lead chloride lol. Soz. I thought u guys were saying the 1st ppt was barium and im like lolno

FIRST PPT WAS LEAD WASNT IT?

bangladesh

HSC
Oh wait I meant lead chloride lol. Soz. I thought u guys were saying the 1st ppt was barium and im like lolno

FIRST PPT WAS LEAD WASNT IT?
haha nah. You're right. SIGH I WISH I COULD SEE THE DAMN MARKING CRITERIA ALREADY.
PS. Not that anyone cares, but i should really be studying for bio but i have just completely burnt out... any tips?

hayabusaboston

HSC
haha nah. You're right. SIGH I WISH I COULD SEE THE DAMN MARKING CRITERIA ALREADY.
PS. Not that anyone cares, but i should really be studying for bio but i have just completely burnt out... any tips?
Me too. I already feel like, fuck physics, im tired of all this shit.

And I thought I went so well in chem when there were little issues scattered throughout paper that cost me so much already.

Man, cant tell if im depressed or just cbf anymore. Want to relax already, not think about HSC.....

bangladesh

HSC
Me too. I already feel like, fuck physics, im tired of all this shit.

And I thought I went so well in chem when there were little issues scattered throughout paper that cost me so much already.

Man, cant tell if im depressed or just cbf anymore. Want to relax already, not think about HSC.....

I know that feel brother.. FUAAAAR at least your exam is tomorrow... Mine is on monday sighhhhhhhhhhh
and someone broke into our house last night at like 3 am so there's like freaking police and forensics going in and out of our house. Not the best attitude/environment to study in.

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
i got
a) Barium Shulfate
b) Pb2+ + 2Cl- = PbCl2
c) Add sodium hydroxide. Formation of blue precipitate suggests copper ions are present. To confirm dissolve precipitate in excess ammonia; a deep blue complex forms if copper is present.
I had this but my part (c) wasn't in as much detail.

lol I what I've heard of students getting raw marks of high 80s last year and that's still a state rank
No? state rank was definitely at least 90 raw. Maybe they got pulled up internally or something idk.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)