General Thoughts. (1 Viewer)

swagmeister

HSC
It was pecentage increase; 10.6% increase.
Definitely wasn't percentage increase... just said how much would it increase

You weren't given the height of the cylinder (either that or I forgot) so you wouldn't be able to work out the percentage increase anyway

plus I got 10.6 cm, and very unlikely the percentage would be the same...

swagmeister

HSC
damn i got 1.37 ... will i get penalised for that, i showed all my working?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
To be honest bro, I'm not even sure if I got 1.36 or 1.37...

Hard to remember exact figures after an exam, just the general gist of it...

You should be fine :)

I rounded to 3dp

joannaadele

HSC
Definitely wasn't percentage increase... just said how much would it increase

You weren't given the height of the cylinder (either that or I forgot) so you wouldn't be able to work out the percentage increase anyway

plus I got 10.6 cm, and very unlikely the percentage would be the same...
i got the same as well, i dont read questions well but i doubt it asked for a percentage

xfax12

HSC
Hey guys

Jus wanted to ask for mc, the question asking you to find the side of something and gave you the area as 250cm squared or smthing, was the angle (sin44) included???

xfax12

HSC
Thanks man, not sure what I put but think it was 24. But apparently some people Re sayin it wasn't the included ( which was given to us ) so we needed to find the included angle before you could use algebra to solve??! Memory's hazy need someone to please post mc questions

joannaadele

HSC
Hey guys

Jus wanted to ask for mc, the question asking you to find the side of something and gave you the area as 250cm squared or smthing, was the angle (sin44) included???
i worked back from sin rule so yeah i used it

swagmeister

HSC
Thanks man, not sure what I put but think it was 24. But apparently some people Re sayin it wasn't the included ( which was given to us ) so we needed to find the included angle before you could use algebra to solve??! Memory's hazy need someone to please post mc questions
I definitely thought the angle was included, so you could use the cosine rule like you would in a normal sense?

Is the paper online yet?

n8r

HSC
What did everyone get for Q10. graph showing the salvage value for a piece of machinery? We weren't told whether it was declining balance method or straight line depreciation.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
What did everyone get for Q10. graph showing the salvage value for a piece of machinery? We weren't told whether it was declining balance method or straight line depreciation.
Post the question up?

sy37

HSC
It was 8% per year, so declining balance

Either way, C,D should have been ruled IIRC because they reached 0 (you can't reach 0 if you decrease by a %)

then it was A,B.. One of those had wrong values (try calculating it for n = 8 years for example and see if it matches the graph)

TheStu1

HSC
Don't remember the Q, but the answer was 18m--> B
i used the 1/2 x a x b x sinC rule and rearranged it to find the side, the side was 24 and when i used 24 in the rule i got 250 area so idk but i pretty sure its 24

Moey2519

HSC
what did you guys get for that english mark part. I put Maths was the better score.

TheBazza

HSC
Question 22, was the answer D cause i remember trying to find the answer by rearranging the sine formula making x subject but got a weird answer so i tried trial and error and 24 so is it D?

swagmeister

HSC
Anyone get 3 for the last question? I get 1-something like everyone on here so far but I'm just curious?

rziegenfusz

HSC
For the mc question with 250cm^2 did anyone else just use use the cos or sine rule (can't remember which one it was now) and just use a,b,c,d and see which one gave 250m^2??

Grenot

HSC
How did you calculate the volume increase of the cylinder tank???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)