general UNSW chit-chat (1 Viewer)

karoooh

HSC
Rekkusu said:
ooh Hong Kong, why'd you choose that city? Everyone these days just talks about America & Europe, but not many Asian destinations. :rolleyes:

HK is absolutely the great place for shopping, you can buy real items there much cheaper than here. Not to mention, the shopping centres there are massive, the numerous food outlets, are literally like downstairs from ANY hotel you live in.

If you don't really know cantonese, it's still very easy to blend in, since they speak quite alot of english. Menus are in dual language - English + chinese. Probably the best is the MTR transport system, its in English, Cantonese, & Mandarin. So travel is easy!

@Karooh: I think there is a requirement that you must have a Credit Average i.e. WAM ~ 65 + No fails. If there are fails or your WAM is less than credit average, you'll need some supporting documentation.
Yea, I know. I was only mentioning the financial requirements. And I think they'll only allow you to have one fail in no more than 6 UOC or one subject - one or the other, I can't remember. Any more than that, regardless of how good your WAM is, then they won't let you go. All the info's on the UNSW exchange site anyway.

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
Haha cool!! Well you've totally made the right choice:p Ah you're so lucky to be doing Commerce as well, HK is probably best known for that. Do you speak Cantonese?

Apparently, people who do speak English and/or Canto are really favoured in HK especially those with a bachelor's degree obtained overseas (i.e. Australia)

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
macaumacaumacaumacaumacaumacaumacaumacau

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
Rofl, you hopeless gambler Jago! Btw haha has anyone won anything at Macau?

ditto

drops of jupiter
HSC
hey guys, does anyone know wat movie is on for oweek (i think it's nite event)?

lol wat on earth is Giant Jenga? and something about UFO Lazers??

haha jelly wrestling, and speed dating sounds cool!

so much free stuff this yr!! yay! lol i'm so cheap :)

HSC
Rekkusu said:
Hey Casmira do you just talk to the dudes to see if you can work there?
http://www.careers.unsw.edu.au/
start there, great place. even if you dont score yourself an IT job, the uni still pays great and if you work voer 20 hours a week you can get onsite parking like i have ;D $190 a year and loving it.

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
oi Bob, are you in the morning lecture for jap 1A? Did you see mai friend wearing a yukata? :eek:

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
HAHAHAHHAHA how did you know i would see this post :eek:

And yes i think i saw her if it was a blue yukata :eek::eek:

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
Man. Jap lec sounds fun already.

Finance is probably gonna suck. lol. =P

Rekkusu said:
Haha cool!! Well you've totally made the right choice:p Ah you're so lucky to be doing Commerce as well, HK is probably best known for that. Do you speak Cantonese?

Apparently, people who do speak English and/or Canto are really favoured in HK especially those with a bachelor's degree obtained overseas (i.e. Australia)
I dont know canto... it seems hard. LOL
(small voice): I dont get along very well with honkies either.. -_-

But you know,
exchange to anywhere is good.

click here

to see my profile
HSC
So today was a fucking terrible day. I just bought my marketing research textbook and material and technology workshop course notes and I stupidly left it in the bus when I was going home. It was inside a blue UNSW bookshop bag which I forgot to take with me on the 393 bus at around 4:45pm at central. Awww...it really sucks, $120 down the drain :(

I contacted the bus depot but their lost property department is already closed. Should I bother with UNSW lost property too? I doubt anyone would return it.

Oh yeah, this is not the first time, last year I lost my mobile phone on the train :(

FeelBare

HSC
Hey click_here,

You should contact the bus depot as soon as possible, my friend lost his wallet on the bus (which had $2 in it lol along with a keycard that had 50c or something in it hahah) but he got it the morning after. Won't hurt talking to the UNSW lost property either. Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)