general UNSW chit-chat (1 Viewer)

chucknthem

chuck norris
HSC
There will be tutes in the first week because of the change to 12 week semesters.

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
UNSW Assessment Results for Summer Semester 2008
Issued at Fri Feb 29 15:50:01 2008
========================================================
Session Course Title Result
U1A GENM0703 Concept of Phys Fitness&Health...82 DN

Pace_T

HSC
UNSW Assessment Results for Summer Semester 2008
Issued at Fri Feb 29 15:50:01 2008
Session Course Title Result
U1 GENS8004 Ergonomics, Product & Safety.....77 DN
U1 GENS8005 Environmental Manag in Workpl....78 DN

:)

HSC
politik said:
If Casmira can work at the IT Desk, then i'm Lucasian Professor of Mathematics at Cambridge University.
just 'cause i get $33.64 an hour and you dont.

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
Hey Casmira do you just talk to the dudes to see if you can work there?

Darn its much better and easier than doing tutor positions in courses.
Damn how come my Summer results aren't out yet!! Some new term: LE. Really...what difference is that to WD or WC? Also this is for that GENE7801 course.

Nice result Jago! That ethics course literally has a bell curve, the lecturer apparently has a really controlled number of HDs. A D itself is quite an achievement. Back in 05, no one got HD. Only 1 D.

@Mitsui: Summer courses run exactly like Semester courses, and can be payed via your HECS or Upfront, etc. So...if you're a Full Fee Student, then yes you will be charged full fee.

If you're referring to the cost of it, its about 300ish per Gen Ed Course. Its the same price no matter what semester you take it in.

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
You're talking about the fitness and health course? I think things have changed since then. How can you tell if a course is graded on a bell curve?

Miliux

Livin' in Amsterdam
HSC
Guys, if you ever have chance to go overseas for 2 semesters of exchange program, go do it! It brings any university in Australia to shame!

Instead of lectures we have classrooms (max of 25 by uni law)
Direction of class's syllabus can be modified tailored to student's needs
Oh so cheap foods 50% off and a city which treats students as kings
Digital learning using web conference with classrooms and interviews all over the world

Looks great on CV! It makes your CV stands out and make other competitors like vanilla.

It just brings to perspective of how sucky Aussie uni are!

Last edited:

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Miliux said:
Guys, if you ever have chance to go overseas for 2 semesters of exchange program, go do it! It brings any university in Australia to shame!

Digital learning using web conference with classrooms and interviews all over the world

Looks great on CV! It makes your CV stands out and make other competitors like vanilla.

Lol.

Amsterdam.

just sounds like highschool all over again.i'll pass going to amsterdam thx.... now japan i wouldn't mind =D

Miliux

Livin' in Amsterdam
HSC
Yes, go be an insignificant student number in a large lecturehall surrounded by hundreds of students just regirgitating things from textbook as if it's a shining beacon of learning

The fundamentals of education is participation and research. High school was regurgitation from textbooks and other sources like this site. Be part of the rat race. This is what Australian education has been..a massive corporatised degree printing factory and all students do is pay thousands to become a collaborator of an ever league of 'being simpleton'.

Why would i want to continue this ever-cycle of boredom is beyond my integrity and dignity overall.

And to think someone wants to learn in Japan to learn? What's different from Australian style of learning?

Last edited:

Chris.

HSC
Miliux said:

i would....but no money
my bros gf said it was awesome. and there are hot blonde dutch chicks

Rekkusu

HSC
Oops its Fitness & Health. Sorry haha I thought it was Medicine's Bioethics.

Yup it literally is for bioethics, sort of talked to the lecturer about this since I wanted to confirm my ranking etc.

@Miliux: I always wanted to go overseas and stuff i.e. Japan (same as Shinji), but the thing is, there's a high probability that my major won't be offered there i.e. Immunology & Microbiology. If so, then in a way, I'm pulled back one year to complete my degree at UNSW, unless they still let you graduate as you normally would (3years)?

karoooh

HSC
Miliux said:

You lucky bastard! I was scanning through your blog just then - I want to go on exchange (in Europe) and check out other European countries easily! I'm thinking about doing it in France, because I'm studying French. And so I'll be able to see my sister more often. :eek: I wouldn't mind going to Japan either (I'm also studying Japanese), but it doesn't really have as much appeal.

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
I know no japanese, so I dont' wanna go as I wouldnt be able to fully experience the culture then. LOL

I am thinking of Europe too. =DDD

America has no appeal to me watsoever.

Maybe city university of hong kong..

Need to save 10000 eitherway.

karoooh

HSC
mitsui said:
I know no japanese, so I dont' wanna go as I wouldnt be able to fully experience the culture then. LOL

I am thinking of Europe too. =DDD

America has no appeal to me watsoever.

Maybe city university of hong kong..

Need to save 10000 eitherway.
I think as a minimum, you need to prove that you have $1,800 for each month that you're staying there. Doing a semester of exchange, IMO, isn't enough, so if you did 2 semesters, that's almost $22,000, min.

Rekkusu

HSC
ooh Hong Kong, why'd you choose that city? Everyone these days just talks about America & Europe, but not many Asian destinations. :rolleyes:

HK is absolutely the great place for shopping, you can buy real items there much cheaper than here. Not to mention, the shopping centres there are massive, the numerous food outlets, are literally like downstairs from ANY hotel you live in.

If you don't really know cantonese, it's still very easy to blend in, since they speak quite alot of english. Menus are in dual language - English + chinese. Probably the best is the MTR transport system, its in English, Cantonese, & Mandarin. So travel is easy!

@Karooh: I think there is a requirement that you must have a Credit Average i.e. WAM ~ 65 + No fails. If there are fails or your WAM is less than credit average, you'll need some supporting documentation.

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
credit avaerage??....hmm

I chose HK because I have intention to go there later when i graduate.
=)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)