general UNSW chit-chat (1 Viewer)

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
It looks far too modern for our university. My solution is to knock down all the older buildings (Applied Science should go first) and replace them with newer looking buildings much like the law one.

How many theatres are being built down there?

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:
It looks far too modern for our university. My solution is to knock down all the older buildings (Applied Science should go first) and replace them with newer looking buildings much like the law one.

How many theatres are being built down there?
That's not going to happen anytime soon. The next building to go will be John Goodsell.

Curry

Zacsik!
HSC
Nebuchanezzar do you know how much it costs to have all solutions you come on these forums and post about implented?

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Bah, a new train line (plus the expenses involved with new rolling stock and tunnel drilling) and a few buildings being knocked down wouldn't cost that much...I mean...Hmmm, they could use that $10 billion surplus to fund it.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Is that the one with the overdone angles and such?

-----

I was just wandering around wikipedia (not for uni) and came across this Clearways page. Anyway, I went to the cityrail website and saw something of great interest.

From Cityrail: " Currently, trains from Campbelltown to the City via the Airport & East Hills Line experience congestion through sharing the existing double track with all-stations trains.

Two additional tracks from Kingsgrove to Revesby will create a completely separate all-stations route to the City via the airport (see Clearway 4). As a result, Campbelltown express trains will be separated from all-stations trains after leaving Revesby and the express trains will operate via Sydenham. This will greatly improve reliability of both routes. The service patterns on the Airport & East Hills Line can be simplified and more structured. "

"• Clearway 4 will divide the existing East Hills Line into two independent clearways and will see the creation of the all-stations to the City via the airport route starting from Revesby as detailed in Clearway 3 above. This route will be known as the Airport Line. These projects are fundamental in achieving reliability on these routes.
• Estimated Clearway cost: $183 million.
• Macdonaldtown turnback, under construction, operational in 2005.
• Homebush turnback and platform, planned construction 2005-2007.
• Revesby turnback and platforms, planned construction 2006-2008.
• Macdonaldtown stabling, planned construction 2006-2008"

"• Clearway 3 provides capacity to facilitate express services from the Campbelltown area to the City via East Hills.
• Estimated Clearway cost: $340 million.
• Extra tracks, Kingsgrove-Revesby, planned construction 2006-2009.
• Extra platform at Macarthur, planned construction 2008-2010.
• Clearway 3 will also benefit from the Sydenham-Erskineville upgrade. "

All Campbelltown trains will now be Campbelltown express! All day every day! That means every train from Central to Campbelltown or vica versa will now stop at none of the stations before Revesby! Oh joy! Then again, it won't be operational until 2008, or something along those lines. Ah well, sounds good anyway.

Lundy

Banned
HSC
ENOUGH WITH THE TRAINS.

Ugh.

Nebeachxanndwhatshisname's in my bad books.

Lundy

Banned
HSC
omg let's post our orsum photos (apologies in advance to dial-uppers).

the library lawn of a late afternoon:

someone's been studying Wuthering Heights. Suckers.

giant phallic symbolism ho!

If you can guess which room this is I'll give you a cookie

Finally, I implore you all to please give generously to the 'hire a window cleaner for the library' fund:

Curry

Zacsik!
HSC
I agree, stop it with the trains already. I use the same line as you do all the way to Minto, but that trip is boring enough without having to discuss it online.

@Lundy
ANyway, that looks like a room somewhere in Webster.

elfm

HSC
i'd say it's in the morven brown building, but i'm probably wrong. i've never been into any classrooms in webster so i wouldn't know much about it

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Bob Carr History Lecture -

Robert Webster @ ~ 6:00pm (I had it on night time setting, it was practically dark when I took this photo)

Edit: Note the dirt on these photos is because our scanner is dirty...someone should really clean it.

Lundy

Banned
HSC
MedNez said:
heh, I couldn't pick it either, never been in a webster classroom
webster has nice rooms. although if you're on level 3 you have to compete with the weird loud noises coming from the drama rooms across the hall.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)