general UNSW chit-chat (2 Viewers)

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
sif, go sit in a corner and figure out how to move forward from here.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
precisely wat im doing, i mite do this year part time, meaning 2 courses per semester, due to prereq problems.

Not sure how to tell parents this without being butchered, they dont know about my mman1300 fail :eek:

brb, talk to blennehasset

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
I attempted all questions i knew, meaning not probablity and not some taylor series.

Fucking hell, i ran out of time, coulda some the easy probability questions, but i just skipped em completely.

:shootmyselfinthehead:

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
Ok, i think i know what i'll do.

S1: mman1300 mechanics (gotta repeat) and mman2700 thermodynamics

S2: math1231 (fuck this shit) and elec1111 (electrical) and mman2600 (fluid mechanics, only offered in s2)

Hopefully nothing will clash in s2. Plus imma check with mman ladies if i can actually do this.

Then in s1 next year i can do the second year courses that have math1231 as a prereq.

Fuck this is gay, but what do u ppl think about it? Is this the way to go for me?

(edit: maybe i can do a gen ed somewhere, something that can boost my wam)

Last edited:

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
mhm, ask myself that all the time.

Not even sure why i picked engineering, i was so clueless as to what i wanted to do after hsc. i wanted to do B. Sci at first and my dad goes 'whats that gonna get u? do engineering, lots of job prospects' so i thought meh ok.

But now with my record, i dunno if i'll be allowed to change degree, plus ive already sorta done first year engineering (minus 2 courses)..

fucking hate my life, someone rewind it 2 years plx.

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
parental expectations always get in the way of what you want to do. I enjoy computing, but I also found myself reading a lot of psychology books in the library. My father and mother said my options with psychology were limited, so I took both, and while my results so far show I perform better at psyc than computing, I intend to reverse that trend (or raise computing in that respect).

the direction you're headed is unchartered territory for me. Student Central should be able to give you advice on what you need to make transfers with your current situation, but I suppose I would visit a counsellour or a careers advisor to figure out my mindset for the next few years. Once you know where you want to be in say 5 years, you might find it easier to work towards it.

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
mhm, ask myself that all the time.

Not even sure why i picked engineering, i was so clueless as to what i wanted to do after hsc. i wanted to do B. Sci at first and my dad goes 'whats that gonna get u? do engineering, lots of job prospects' so i thought meh ok.

But now with my record, i dunno if i'll be allowed to change degree, plus ive already sorta done first year engineering (minus 2 courses)..

fucking hate my life, someone rewind it 2 years plx.
Like my position.

Transfer to Science, They will accept ALL YOUR UNITS

jemb0t

HSC
my parents wanted me to do media/journalism...
... im doing Fine Arts which I'm more likely not to have a brain explosion over.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
ok so in S1 this year ive got first year mechanics and thermodynamics, and i enrolled in a gen-ed just to fill up some space, introduction to marketing i think its called, i'll see if i can do the aviation behind the scenes one too..

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
If you bring your parents to any of the university events like Open Day, O-Week, etc, you should be shot.
Exactly.

Your parents will act as a barrier next week. I always laughed at/felt sorry inside for the first years with their parents in my o-week tours as a YS last year. Nothing says social retard more than your parents having to be right next to you.

Anyway.... Uni is starting soon and I won't be around anymore. To all the regulars on these UNSW forums, it was great talking to you guys so I hope you all have a good 2009. (Omie jay, you need to work your ass off this year)

To the first years coming to UNSW, I hope you guys enjoy next week and get as much out of it as you can. University is a great place and you'll get out as much as you put in there. The YS's will help you all out but try and avoid the crazy ones who more often than not, will just make you feel uncomfortable.

To the trolls (applenader, diligentstudent, other fuckwits, etc) and all the people I've had 'conflicting views' with, I'd like to offer you nothing else but the thought of someone pushing their bare ass in your face and 2 words "KISS IT".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)