general UNSW chit-chat (2 Viewers)

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
Exactly.

Your parents will act as a barrier next week. I always laughed at/felt sorry inside for the first years with their parents in my o-week tours as a YS last year. Nothing says social retard more than your parents having to be right next to you.

Anyway.... Uni is starting soon and I won't be around anymore. To all the regulars on these UNSW forums, it was great talking to you guys so I hope you all have a good 2009. (Omie jay, you need to work your ass off this year)

To the first years coming to UNSW, I hope you guys enjoy next week and get as much out of it as you can. University is a great place and you'll get out as much as you put in there. The YS's will help you all out but try and avoid the crazy ones who more often than not, will just make you feel uncomfortable.

To the trolls (applenader, diligentstudent, other fuckwits, etc) and all the people I've had 'conflicting views' with, I'd like to offer you nothing else but the thought of someone pushing their bare ass in your face and 2 words "KISS IT".
Take care good sir, and best of luck with your future.

karoooh

HSC
Hey, I only need to spend less than $200 on, new, textbooks this sem. Cool.

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
Exactly.

Your parents will act as a barrier next week. I always laughed at/felt sorry inside for the first years with their parents in my o-week tours as a YS last year. Nothing says social retard more than your parents having to be right next to you.

Anyway.... Uni is starting soon and I won't be around anymore. To all the regulars on these UNSW forums, it was great talking to you guys so I hope you all have a good 2009. (Omie jay, you need to work your ass off this year)

To the first years coming to UNSW, I hope you guys enjoy next week and get as much out of it as you can. University is a great place and you'll get out as much as you put in there. The YS's will help you all out but try and avoid the crazy ones who more often than not, will just make you feel uncomfortable.

To the trolls (applenader, diligentstudent, other fuckwits, etc) and all the people I've had 'conflicting views' with, I'd like to offer you nothing else but the thought of someone pushing their bare ass in your face and 2 words "KISS IT".
Farewell, tallkid34. I wish you a successful year in return. Perhaps I may see you around. Who knows what the future holds.

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
Thank you for me reminding me of the necessary evils of textbooks.

TO BOOKDEPOSITORY
Marketing Research (Paperback) By (author) Joseph F. Hair

Free worldwide delivery
Out of stock
----------

fuck book depository :(

karoooh

HSC
Same with a French textbook I needed. And it was only $6 less than the uni bookshop for the POLS book. Meh.

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
So dudes how's unsw treatin you all? Have they finished that goddamn cancer research centre?

Hey dumsum u still doing the diploma? Man that course is so overrated :D

p.s. LOL just saw a tag UWS = u went s***

HSC
Cancer Research Centre still under konstrukshun.

Say, does UNSW have any haunted buildings or whatnot? Cuz that'd be quite the awesome

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
exciting?? are you serious?? its another new building that isnt worth the fuss over.

oh so now we have to pay fees?? thats really gay. in the non-homo way.

HSC
N/A
kevinx2 said:
Cancer Research Centre still under konstrukshun.

Say, does UNSW have any haunted buildings or whatnot? Cuz that'd be quite the awesome
One of the levels of the library, and not actually?

A state-of-the-art cancer research centre: yay.
Named after Frank Lowy, a person who donated 10 million: :-/
wrong_turn said:
oh so now we have to pay fees??
It's not an act yet; currently a bill (Higher Education Legislation Amendment (Student Services and Amenities, and Other Measures) Bill 2009) that will pass (cynicism-free, unfortunately).

And who've you to thank for banning CSU and providing such a contrast for three good years; John Howard.

Kate Ellis: "It's up to (currently "is"; formerly was "up to", but that was merely used euphemistically) $250 per annum.", "It's not a return to pre-ban CSU, blahblahblah bullshit, bullshit, bullshit.", "The money will be used as taxation, for student representation, and cannot be used for further political campaigning, etc.", "[semantics; "it's not 'compulsory']", etc.

Oh and here:
Second Reading Speech, Higher Education Legislation Amendment (Student Services And Amenities, And Other Measures) Bill 2009

The pending legislation:
http://parlinfo.aph.gov.au/parlInfo...toc_pdf/09009b01.pdf;fileType=application/pdf

This is all kinda ironic. :p

Last edited:

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
yeh i was thinking of back when they stopped us paying fees that itd be all good. well at least until after i graduate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)