general UNSW chit-chat (1 Viewer)

abhi23

Coming to the Toga Party?
HSC
Yeah, that's the one. I was sort of hoping to get an four-day weekend :cry:
maybe skip it, I think I will. We have a new lecturer: Yung Doc (?spelling), friends said that heaps of people left when he gave them the five minute break in the mid of the 2 hr lecture. Something along the lines of they couldn't understand him...

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
It's first year accounting. It's pretty fucking straightforward. Just do a few exercises in the homework and you'll know the difference between a credit and debit in no time.

ct92

HSC
maybe skip it, I think I will. We have a new lecturer: Yung Doc (?spelling), friends said that heaps of people left when he gave them the five minute break in the mid of the 2 hr lecture. Something along the lines of they couldn't understand him...
He was my tutor (last week, anyway) and he wasn't too hard to understand, so long as he wrote things or referenced notes. I guess I don't really need the lecture, but I'm not organised enough to do the learning if I'm not forced to. There's always the option to leave early.

Tim035

HSC
What happened in the street adjacent to highstreet yesterday morning? They had cops blocking all entrances. Guessing it was a prang, heaps of people drive 60-80km down that street.

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
Horseshit smell must have killed someone then?

Only a matter of time to be honest.

Sokolov

HSC
N/A
m8 i will b4sh u up with my CH3ST!
must be new way to hi5

Extreme bad luck. Haven't met many new friends but met an international who is soooo thick skinned. Immediately ask for my contact and immediately and openly say he needs help with the subject and ask (demand rather) that I help him.
He started a msn convo with me and we chatted for a few second and I thought I might have misjudged him since he wasn't immediately asking for uni help. But then I realise he only wanted to find out whether I am a local student so he could then proceed to ask me to buy him concession ticket, what a !@#$ing user!!

Damn it, why cant I make any nice friends???
HAHAHAHAHA OH FUCKING HELL THAT STORY ALMOST MADE ME FALL OFF MY CHAIR.

Unfortunately, you're in a faculty where the majority of students are self-serving, arrogant and fickle. Law students are mostly career-oriented workwhores who seem to enjoy the prospect of one-upping each other in terms of hoarding notes and higher marks and then asserting their superiority afterwards. Which is ironic as many who persue a career in law afterwards are then forced to maintain ridiculously high marks for a grad position in a firm with as many glass ceilings as a fucking skyscraper. On top of that, they'll mostly be doing lame-ass administration work for a number of years before they're taken seriously by the old, white, male partners if such a graduate was fortunate enough to be born as WHITE and MALE. I really can't see how apparently awesome it would then be to put myself through years of shit just for a higher paycheck. Even then, I'd probably be working so much as a bitch to the organisation that I wouldn't even have a chance to utilise my earnings effectively. And once more, I'd be forced to live in a high-pressure environment with all the niceties of having to deal with people who are probably even more self-serving, arrogant and fickle than they were in their university life.

:drink:
Another entertaining story next to chewy123's.

faculty of arse and social sciences
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :hippie: :cool::hippie: :hippie:

haha my accounting tutor said that the ASB is least affected and that they are all happy with their pay/conditions. Apparently engineering and science are going to be most affected (according to him).
he is partially incorrected.
only the WHITE engineering lecturer is on strike so far.
WHITE PRIDE IS ABOUT STRIKING.
mechanics of solids 2 lectures/tutorials/labs on schedule as usual.

appletoa

HSC
What happened in the street adjacent to highstreet yesterday morning? They had cops blocking all entrances. Guessing it was a prang, heaps of people drive 60-80km down that street.
Some car drove into a motorbike. Surprisingly, the motorbike didn't look that damaged , while the front of the car was crushed in a fair way. Ambulance people had the rider on a stretcher and seemed to be pretty busy though, so he/she probably got hurt fairly badly.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
Unfortunately, you're in a faculty where the majority of students are self-serving, arrogant and fickle. Law students are mostly career-oriented workwhores who seem to enjoy the prospect of one-upping each other in terms of hoarding notes and higher marks and then asserting their superiority afterwards. Which is ironic as many who persue a career in law afterwards are then forced to maintain ridiculously high marks for a grad position in a firm with as many glass ceilings as a fucking skyscraper. On top of that, they'll mostly be doing lame-ass administration work for a number of years before they're taken seriously by the old, white, male partners if such a graduate was fortunate enough to be born as WHITE and MALE. I really can't see how apparently awesome it would then be to put myself through years of shit just for a higher paycheck. Even then, I'd probably be working so much as a bitch to the organisation that I wouldn't even have a chance to utilise my earnings effectively. And once more, I'd be forced to live in a high-pressure environment with all the niceties of having to deal with people who are probably even more self-serving, arrogant and fickle than they were in their university life.

:drink:
loool

fuckin law fags, pretentious peeps

henry08

HSC
N/A
anyone know if ENGG1000 is still on?
Not sure about the other schools, but the Civil lecture is canceled.

"ENGG1000 students undertaking projects led by the School of Civil and Environmental Engineering (CVEN):

I have been advised that, due to Industrial Action tomorrow (Thursday 18th March), our guest lecturer from the UNSW Learning Centre is unavailable to take the scheduled class in the Science Lecture Theatre entitled TEAMWORK and REPORT WRITING.

Accordingly, no lecture will take place. The materials that were to be presented tomorrow have just been uploaded to the CVEN resources area of the ENGG1000 Moodle site. Please ensure that you have downloaded and reviewed this material in your own time, prior to next week.

Project Lectures followed by your project tutorial will take place as usual next Monday, 2.00 pm - 4.00 pm.

Regards
Ian Turner"

henry08

HSC
N/A
Strike was sweet, missed out on ENGG1000.
Was probably a good thing. I looked at the two powerpoint presentations they were going to present on teamwork and report writing and we're lucky we didn't have to sit through 2 hours of it.

TehAzner

HSC
N/A
So I heard the strike held today didn't turn out as planned. Next up March 31?? Anyone have classes on that day?

youngmin

HSC
There's a strike on the 31st? How do I check if my lectures are on or off :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)