general UNSW chit-chat (1 Viewer)

elfm

HSC
the computers on level 5 and 7 are very new. it's just the computers near the lifts that are bad, but they are really just there to search stuff with. ground level computers are good enough to run word etc, the two lvl 3? computer rooms hold very new comps as well, so i don't know what you're complaining about!!

Last edited:

mervvyn

Marshm'ello
Somewhere over the rainbow... yes, that rainbow.
HSC
if anyone does/has read the massive planning document, can you tell us what it says about buying property around upper campus esp botany st - given that the med faculty already owns a few places just off campus, i'm guessing they'd be the reason and recipient of more buying around there....

phrred

HSC
ye i openned it
it said theres a plan it would like to connect UNSW wif the hospital consdering they own a few of those places, and also expand the western campus i think it said.
they also want to create heaps more meeting areas to hang out

Last edited:

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
What I'd like to see is a train station for UNSW, like they had planned all those years ago. They could loop it downward from Central and then pass it up through Bondi Junction, although I don't know if the Eastern Suburbs line can handle having too many trains going the reverse way through Central.

It'd certainly increase the number of students that'd want to go to UNSW. The only reason why people from my school didn't want to go there (as opposed to Sydney) is because of it's supposed isolation.

phrred

HSC
ye thats on the plan too, linking sydenham to bondi or bondi to maroubra

Curry

Zacsik!
HSC
What would be the point of a train like from Bondi to Mourbra?

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
Building a train line is not cheap. Who's going to pay? Great, we could have a train line linking Cronulla, Brighton and Maroubra. Sounds like a plan to me.

Lundy

Banned
HSC
I don't see the point in discussing the merits of constructing a train line to unsw since it wouldn't be finished until well after I've graduated. Therefore no use to me.

So, change of subject.

I've been invited to do an honours year (this'd be my last year otherwise). But I can't decide. Yay or nay?

Another year of study.

But on the plus side, it looks better on paper.

I don't know :(

Curry

Zacsik!
HSC
Depends, for what degree? Why are you doing the degree? Do you wan't to do research or get a job?

gman03

HSC
Lundy, I think it would be better off if you do a MBA after your degree over an honour year. That way you will be the new head of channel seven in no time.

I have taken the following assumptions:
* u can do a mba after your degree
* honour degree doesn't get you as a CEO or some other titles
* u will work in australia to pay off your hecs
* u don't hate channel seven
* channel seven survives for the next 10 years
* you have no better things to do
[comment]* you are hot (but I will keep this to myself)[/comment]

Lundy

Banned
HSC
Curry, I'm doing a BA(media and communications). No idea what I want to do with myself post-graduation. Apparently honours is "rewarding"...whatever that means. And quite frankly I don't feel ready to leave uni yet.

gman03 said:
Lundy, I think it would be better off if you do a MBA after your degree over an honour year. That way you will be the new head of channel seven in no time.

I have taken the following assumptions:
* u can do a mba after your degree
* honour degree doesn't get you as a CEO or some other titles
* u will work in australia to pay off your hecs
* u don't hate channel seven
* channel seven survives for the next 10 years
* you have no better things to do
[comment]* you are hot (but I will keep this to myself)[/comment]
If I wanted to be a CEO and earn shitloads of money I would have taken a more appropriate degree for that sort of thing. Money isn't one of my priorities, to be honest. I just want to enjoy what I do. Right now I enjoy studying. Capeesh.

Curry

Zacsik!
HSC
Lundy said:
If I wanted to be a CEO and earn shitloads of money I would have taken a more appropriate degree for that sort of thing. Money isn't one of my priorities, to be honest. I just want to enjoy what I do. Right now I enjoy studying. Capeesh.
Well I guess if money isn't your main priority, and you enjoy studying, then stick to uni.

gman03

HSC
Lundy said:
Actually I was referring to power/authority when I said you becoming a CEO. I think any degree can lead to some high up position in some company, even non-profitable organisation.

If you are one of the money-orientated people, then you are likely to be an UAI-oritentated person and you would have changed your degree 6 times by now and probably be doing commerce. But you stay doing your BA degree till final year and have someone recommended you to do honour shows otherwise.

What I believe is that you are an influential character (why? I dunno, please don't quote me) and I really want some changes to be done to the media field in australia... I mean having today in ch 9 vs sunrise in ch 7 is just too much for me. To make such change you will need to acquire power/authority and CEO sounds like a good position for that.

And who says CEO can't study? ;)

Lundy

Banned
HSC
Influential character...lol :)

Don't worry, the first thing I'll do when I'm in charge of all televisual media in australia is get rid of Kochie. He shits me.

gman03

HSC
Lundy said:
Influential character...lol :)

Don't worry, the first thing I'll do when I'm in charge of all televisual media in australia is get rid of Kochie. He shits me.
He or his jokes? :p

phrred

HSC
RCMasterAA said:
The line would have to pass through Central to be useful :p
The Sydenham plan would be alright Sydenham> central> Moore Park (SCG, FOX, SFS)> UNSW (UNSW and racecourse)> Randwick (buses to Coogee)>Maroubra

Curry

Zacsik!
HSC
gman03 said:
If you are one of the money-orientated people, then you are likely to be an UAI-oritentated person and you would have changed your degree 6 times by now and probably be doing commerce. But you stay doing your BA degree till final year and have someone recommended you to do honour shows otherwise.
Why commerce? it doesn't pay all that well.

Anyway, I saw Koche at UNSW a few weeks ago. He was sitting in front of coffe republic with a camera crew. Man, don't get rid of him, can you imagine sunrise with just the other idiots? :sleep:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)