general UNSW chit-chat (1 Viewer)

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
politik said:
That's more gay.
It's the UNSW of the Tertiary Education Scene.

LOL! ZING! WANANANA!

Edit: that doesn't really make any sense, does it?

Last edited:

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
stephenchow said:
How does a career in engineering in Australia compare to a career in IT in Australia?
fucking lol

engineering >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> IT i.e. you wont be replaced by someone with 3 months training from "exxcom" or some crap and its actually a respectable profession (not that IT isn't).

Curry

Zacsik!
HSC
Rekkusu said:
Out of curiousity :confused: do mining engineers also do all the mine-blasts and all that dynamite?
Yeah, though we don't use dynamite. I'm not that familiar with blasting, I've mainly worked in underground coal for my last two IT's.

Bendent

HSC
politik said:
What a surprise that a UoM commissioned paper has that University ranked so positively.

I'll give you something to remember for the rest of your life:
The Times Higher Education Rankings > all.
yeah here's the link: http://www.topuniversities.com/worlduniversityrankings/results/2006/top_200_universities/

unsw supposedly is better at technology whereas usyd is better at biomed, arts % humanities, social science based on these rankings. don't know about engineering though.
http://newshub.nus.edu.sg/headlines/0610/ranking_07oct06.htm

bshoc

HSC
N/A
Nebuchanezzar said:
It's the UNSW of the Tertiary Education Scene.

LOL! ZING! WANANANA!

Edit: that doesn't really make any sense, does it?
Its like the book of revelations redux

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
shinji said:
'75% of statistics are false. 10% of people knows that' *nods* =]. yay for simpsons. lol

Btw, why was the roundhouse arcade closed off? lol.
Bahaha me and a mate were wondering that too :(

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Why is there a protest against reducing the semester to 12 weeks? What exactly is the problem? Everyone ive spoken to is for the change :/

Curry

Zacsik!
HSC
acmilan said:
Why is there a protest against reducing the semester to 12 weeks? What exactly is the problem? Everyone ive spoken to is for the change :/
Unions probably need something to do.

bshoc

HSC
N/A
acmilan said:
I think the logic is if they reduce it to 12 weeks, they're cheaping you out of 2 weeks.

There are certainly some subjects that I'd love a 2 week cut to, others not so much ..

14 is fine, 12 is ... degreefactory-ish

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
bshoc said:
I think the logic is if they reduce it to 12 weeks, they're cheaping you out of 2 weeks.

There are certainly some subjects that I'd love a 2 week cut to, others not so much ..

13 is best?

haha

mr EaZy

punchbowl bro- its the best place to live !
HSC
bshoc said:

tru, and its also not good coz like u dont want ur assignments squished together-=if there's more weeks then u can get ur lecturers to give u more extensions

and if u wanna organise an event for a club, u can just say ... ahh lets just push it back a week :sleep:

mr EaZy

HSC
gman03 said:
I can't breathe in CLB, let alone suffocating inside the toilet filled with nicotine just for the sake of some pics...

Time better spent baywatching bondi/coogee

i heard those toilets are a no go area.... if u know what i mean, but i think that was meant to be the lib toilets hahahaha one of them anyway, not like i care

mr EaZy

HSC
Curry said:
There is no competition. People go to UTS, then jump off the building to kill themselves. We win.
or transfer here, lol
i still think uts has a better social life than unsw-depends on which parts of the unis, i used to hang around the round house, not as awesome as the uts level 3 cafeteria/eatery area though where there's empty labs nearby and all my friends seem to hang around there - even when i pop by just to visit

vanush

kdslkf
HSC
Today I saw an ad in mX about UTS Engineering. they offer mid year entry. Should I transfer there. Give me some opinions peoples.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
vanush said:
Today I saw an ad in mX about UTS Engineering. they offer mid year entry. Should I transfer there. Give me some opinions peoples.
two of my mates do uts engineering they say its pretty gay. one is planning to transfer at the end of the year. but i do usyd engineering and its pretty gay. if you think unsw engo is crap too then...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)