general UNSW chit-chat (2 Viewers)

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
elfm said:
they just get all the nerds to do it - i mean come on, med, law and cse? the cooler people have better things to do, and nerds are used to being laughed at
Hey, a lot of us nerds to science too. Damnit, someone needs to organise something for science.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
hey babydoll i met you today with mednez this morning haha

hmm i dont find humour too funny unless its standup or its very ha-ha funny. i guess i only enjoy humour which is tasteful to me...well really comedy flicks should try to aim for as many types of humour as possible :D

i still recommend eating cake :D

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
politik said:
No, it was just one of those things that made you cringe - I mean, its all in good humour but theres something about Nguyen in everyone's psyche... The other stuff was funny...
I suppose it has something to do with the idea that a government can forcefully kill someone that is in an absolutely defenseless and helpless state for doing something that would have impacted minimally on sensible people's lives. I find the idea of a group of people that represents another group of people organising a death to be carried out so tactfully, carefully and efficiently to be sickening, and all the while this person is locked up in a cage with no means to defend himself from being involunatarily lead to slaughter.

That's just me. I'd consider that anyone who would write or tell a joke about something like that to be mentally decrepit too.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
politik said:
Hey dude where did you disappear to after the marketing thing?
i thought that you two were gonna talk for ages so i thought that id go down and walk for a while before i went to psych

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Mmmm, this thread has since died, damn med revue.

'Twas quite cold today at uni, and it's only May. Makes me cringe at what it's gonna be like in August...if we're there at August. I'll have to consult my timetable.

And another thing, whoever designed the Commer quad was a complete and utter dolt. It seems to be a battle for sunshine down there during winter, or autumn. The least they could have done was made it so that all the seats were kinda oriented toward the north so that in winter, the maximum number of seats face the sun, and in summer the minmum amount of seats are exposed the hot sun...yeah.

I know what I'm talking about.

Current layout:

My layout:

Of course, the seats would have to be back enough so that the Morven Brown building doesn't cast a shadow over the seats.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
In the summer I suppose it would, but from what I've seen of it (which isn't a lot), the quad is oriented into the sun, creating a nice warm lawn for everyone to enjoy.

Coldest place = gap between Red center & Keith Burrows. Brrrr..

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
They should not block VSU? That's what we should be saying anyway...

$2.85 (or whatever) for a 600mL coke is a bloody joke. I could walk down to McDonalds and get twice as much Coke for half the price. Up yours Source.

elfm

HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:
They should not block VSU? That's what we should be saying anyway...

$2.85 (or whatever) for a 600mL coke is a bloody joke. I could walk down to McDonalds and get twice as much Coke for half the price. Up yours Source.
$2.85... where?

elfm

HSC
only one of my subjects are on that timetable so far >.<

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
elfm said:
$2.85... where?
I believe it was from somewhere down there. I don't venture past Rex Vowells too often so I don't know the names of the shops. My point still stands, I'd much rather keep my $256.80 per semester and use a fraction of it to pay a little more for Coke.

ohne

HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:
I believe it was from somewhere down there. I don't venture past Rex Vowells too often so I don't know the names of the shops. My point still stands, I'd much rather keep my $256.80 per semester and use a fraction of it to pay a little more for Coke.
What is the point of source subsidising anything at all? It just means that the more money you spend, the more money you get back in subsidies from the $256.80 fee. It is essentially a tax on those who can't afford or don't buy something from uni everyday to pay those who spend larger amounts of money at uni and hence recieve greater subsidy.

Almost like a tax on the poor to pay the rich.

gman03

HSC
I seriously would pay that $260 if only the quad food court opens up more fuking counters.... like 11am and 4 people at the counter doing nothing and by noon only 1.5 serving at the counter (.5 serving the cafe area)

Curry

Zacsik!
HSC
What do you guys think of the new law(?) building going up? Looks pretty awsome, though doesn't really fit in with the two old builidngs on the side.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)