• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

general UNSW chit-chat (2 Viewers)

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
Damnit if they do squeeze 14 weeks of work into 12 weeks with no alteration to the Assessments!

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC
Does anyone have an idea when the Summer session results will be released? Because I need the courses on my transcript, so i can transfer the credits to the Uni i am transferring to. baha foolz.

karoooh

HSC
I think someone mentioned they'd be released a couple weeks or so before O-Week.

karoooh

HSC
GAH

They said the census date for Gen Eds is 3 Feb (TODAY) and the 'drop' button's disappeared. FUCKERS. >:/

Unless you're only allowed to do it before the date and not ON the date. That's so lame. :(

beentherdunthat

HSC
oh coolness i get to post in this thread now =]

does every1 go to 0-week or only first yrs

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
Anyone who wants to. I go mostly for the free pancakes at breakfast and free sausages at lunch.

TheMelissa

God Complex
HSC
I'm a stupid first year who effed up enrolment and missed all her deadlines. Doesn't know what's happening. So going to admissions office tomorrow to plead my case. Lulz.

I think I'm going to hang around uni for a bit lulz and make it my habitat. God, it's been so long since I've been...

dey-tuk-re-jobz

cute mc-Cat-ney
HSC
I love our Cats. Hang out behind OMB and you'll get to see Kittens rolling around on the grass and stuff.

boris2003

HSC
Hey, hope you don't mind answering, i know its not really appropriate putting it here, but need a quick answer:

Hi,
got 2 offers, really wanted ancient however didn't make it to USYD:angry:, so i got these 2 offers. The UWS has a major in history/politics/philosophy, while UNSW has a major in History itself, from which 4 units of Ancient can be picked (mainly Rome).

Questions:

1. If i want to be a secondary (high) school teacher in History, which of the 2 unis would be better
2. These are courses in Bachelor of arts. I was wondering how do students get enrolled in the diploma of education, apparently i found out that ba/bdiped and ba are 2 different courses, however bachelor of arts/education was not listed in the uac book. Any advice on what i should do. I tried contacting the unis, but no replies from emails that i have sent
3. Do i have to very good at English to do well in History (sorry, asking as i came here not long ago) Got 70% in Advanced English for my HSC:hammer:
4. I was wondering, what's the difference between undertaking ba/bdiped now, and graduating in 3 years and then taking a 1 year master of teaching course
5. If i graduate (god help me) and become a teacher:rolleyes:, will i be able to teach Ancient History, despite the fact that i would have only majored in "History" (mostly modern)
6. I keep seeing that most students need to take 2 majors for teaching. I don't get this. So, i have to be graduate in History and something else, or...
7. What is the first year teacher graduates pay, approximately (this may sound rude, but want to know)

That's it, thanks for all of your responses in advance, i appreciate every single one of them, if there is to be any:uhoh:,

boris2003

HSC
politik said:
1. UNSW, no contest.
2. Go to the Arta faculty on campus, it's in front of the library.
3. You'll do fine.
4. Masters will cost alot, and might not be funded by HECS.
5. All depends on the school. Alot of teachers don't even know the subjects they teach - they just read the material on their own before the classes.
6. History/Education are majors in Arts.
7. www.google.com.au
4, is masters same as dip ed,
6, don't really get this one, thanks alot for the response, appreciate it.

Chris.

HSC
k whats a credit average..the WAM being 65 or all subjects having a mark of 65?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)