general UNSW chit-chat (1 Viewer)

click here

to see my profile
HSC
hmm...need to do 6 units of Gen Ed, this semester...you guys have any recommendation?

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
click here said:
hmm...need to do 6 units of Gen Ed, this semester...you guys have any recommendation?
From the subject reviews thread I saw a subject that was uninteresting but easy I think it's called Work & Safety and the only assessment was online quizzes.

Curry

Zacsik!
HSC
click here said:
The Marine one. Its 6 units of credit. 2 hours of lectures a week, three field trips, one exam. I got 81 and I barely even tried.

-Anfernee-

HSC
Forbidden. said:
From the subject reviews thread I saw a subject that was uninteresting but easy I think it's called Work & Safety and the only assessment was online quizzes.

Yeah but I think that's worth 3 units though.

Also, places in that course are now full- I just enrolled in it and now enrolment is officially closed ..sorry it is no longer a viable option.

Last edited:

-Anfernee-

HSC
Curry said:
The Marine one. Its 6 units of credit. 2 hours of lectures a week, three field trips, one exam. I got 81 and I barely even tried.

I'm not too keen on the field trips because I literally will not have the time to go see a bunch of marine animals I could just as easily see on the Discovery channel.

Also , I'll be dealing with serious courses, volunteering, working ...etc

Last edited:

Curry

Zacsik!
HSC
-Anfernee- said:
I'm not too keen on the field trips because I literally will not have the time to go see a bunch of marine animals I could just as easily see on the Discovery channel.

Also , I'll be dealing with serious courses, volunteering, working , porking and whoring out Politiks mum and gf on alternate nights and overall greatness.
That's cool, maybe the other person who I replied to may have some use for it.

-Anfernee-

HSC
Curry, where did you actually go for the field trips?

and what were they like?

Curry

Zacsik!
HSC
-Anfernee- said:
Curry, where did you actually go for the field trips?

and what were they like?
The course, to me, was pretty boring. The aquarium field trip was okay. You don't really have to go to the lectures if you don't want to. I only went to like 4.

I've attached the course outline.

Its an easy course for easy marks.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
Forbidden. said:
please dont let that be me....

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
Forbidden. said:
ASSESSMENT
Details Due Date Weight
Online Quizzes (web) See WebCT Vista 45%
Group report (web) See WebCT Vista 50%
Participation See WebCT Vista 5%

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
haha jason i just missed out on a D for 3121. frigen arse of a subject. got 73

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
73 is still pretty awesome though

how was 2206?

click here

to see my profile
HSC
Thanks Curry

I might actually do that one, I've looked up all the Gen Ed Course and just none of them appeal to me or are already full

Anyway, I also received this email like at the end of May from my faculty about changes to Gen Ed:

"Students are now able to meet their general education requirements by undertaking mainstream courses in other Faculties i.e. they are not restricted to courses with a GENx prefix. Students have always been able to apply to have mainstream courses count towards their general education requirements, but the intention now is to make this far more routine and remove the need for students to seek formal approval from their Faculty for this substitution. The term mainstream just means a regular course offered by another Faculty, not a specific General Education Course. The only limitation on this is that any mainstream course you may select to meet your general education requirement should not be similar in content to core courses in your degree."

So does that mean I can choose any course from any faculty I want that doesn't have any prerequisite/special restrictions?

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
What faculty are you in? This sounds pretty awesome. I still have 6 geneds left and this will be perfect

-Anfernee-

HSC
Forbidden. said:
I'm going to jump off one flight of stairs on the main walkway for the lulz.
Will place on YouTube if filmed.
lol

May I suggest the Scientia steps.

karoooh

HSC
@ everyone who is/has been on exchange:

How long and how much did you manage to save for exchange before leaving and if it was from part-time/casual work, what did you work as?

I'm no where near the amount needed and don't know what to do. :(:(:(

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
karoooh said:
@ everyone who is/has been on exchange:

How long and how much did you manage to save for exchange before leaving and if it was from part-time/casual work, what did you work as?

I'm no where near the amount needed and don't know what to do. :(:(:(
ask Kevin... he's going on exchange and he's like 1.2k in credit card debt lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)