• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

general UNSW chit-chat (3 Viewers)

SFinspired

HSC
Okay cool..
How is the seating allocated? Is it a first come first serve basis on the seats?

HSC
ECON2101 is a horrible course :(
LOL if its any consolation i got 30% in the first mid sem, 65% in the next mid sem (still under the average) and didnt answer about half the final exam, so the other half must of been spot on.. i passed first go with a 50 :D good luck

Micro 2 was terrible. Then again, you should try some of the financial eco courses I'm doing at the moment.
hahah! that subject is evil, awesome lecturer even though he sounds like borat

cs01001

HSC
LOL if its any consolation i got 30% in the first mid sem, 65% in the next mid sem (still under the average) and didnt answer about half the final exam, so the other half must of been spot on.. i passed first go with a 50 :D good luck

hahah! that subject is evil, awesome lecturer even though he sounds like borat
Thats so lucky lol, studying heaps for this subject doesn't help either :(

Hope I pass :p

HSC
Thats so lucky lol, studying heaps for this subject doesn't help either :(

Hope I pass :p
if u still have that indian bloke as ur lecturer, i dont wanna make u feel bad but hte final is still a slut.. but don't worry if u go to tutorials, try ur best chances are u will just be given a 50. i honestly think that '50' flat i got was on purpose he probably felt sorry for me

littlesev

HSC
Anyone knows how to get to Queen Victoria Building from UNSW? My friend told me to take a red bus no 10 on Anzac. My question is, can I use my usual Travel Ten? Also, will it take me straight to QVB?

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
Yes, brown TravelTen, and it stops opposite Town Hall (outside woolies), so pretty much straight there yes.

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
if u still have that indian bloke as ur lecturer, i dont wanna make u feel bad but hte final is still a slut.. but don't worry if u go to tutorials, try ur best chances are u will just be given a 50. i honestly think that '50' flat i got was on purpose he probably felt sorry for me
I like Gautam as a lecturer, he's really engaging imo. /shrugs

Although to be fair I've only ever had him for econ3110, so maybe it's more that the course content is a drag...

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC

Although to be fair I've only ever had him for econ3110, so maybe it's more that the course content is a drag...
I like Bose too, just not exactly how he runs the course.

2 evening session exams during the semester? Fuck off....

Marked tutorial questions where copies of the answers simply float around on the net? Quite redundant....

The thing I hated the most about the course was how intuitive you just needed to be in terms of applying the content to the question... It's what makes the course so difficult as opposed to when Kriesler (I think? or previous course admin) was running it? Apparently, Micro 2 was pretty straight forward then but I wouldn't be surprised if that was never the case.

HSC

i like gautam as well but the course content unless ur a whiz at maths is hard. i came in doing micro2 barely passing qma with the skin on my teeht and doing general maths in high school lol

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
Hey guys, presently LOLing. A reconstruction of Diploma in Innovation Management subjects is currently underway and as a result I am required to replace a core subject with one of the below:

INFS1602 Information Systems in Business 6UOC
INFS1603 Business Data Management 6UOC
MGMT1001 Managing Organisations and People 6UOC
ECON1101 Microeconomics 1 6UOC
ECON1102 Macroeconomics 1 6UOC
MARK1012 Marketing Fundamentals 6UOC

I'm thinking Micro or Macro, as they'd probably be easiest. But wondering if anyone would recommend one of the others?

EDIT: actually, I'm wondering if I should try convince them to let me do QMA or something pissy like that. It has an exclusion with MATH1141 but technically the Diploma is a complete separate program from my Bachelor...

Last edited:

cs01001

HSC
Hey guys, presently LOLing. A reconstruction of Diploma in Innovation Management subjects is currently underway and as a result I am required to replace a core subject with one of the below:

I'm thinking Micro or Macro, as they'd probably be easiest. But wondering if anyone would recommend one of the others?

EDIT: actually, I'm wondering if I should try convince them to let me do QMA or something pissy like that. It has an exclusion with MATH1141 but technically the Diploma is a complete separate program from my Bachelor...
Probably MGMT1001, I haven't done it personally, but my friend who did it last semester found it straight forward, just regurgitate what's in the book, but the content is real dry and boring. Essays are a big component of this course.

OR

ECON1101. Again content is simple and straight forward, but its not easy getting D's/HD's.

Good luck with whatever one you choose!

cs01001

HSC

Gautam is indeed a good lecturer, I still remembered his joke about HSC General Maths :D

I like Bose too, just not exactly how he runs the course.

2 evening session exams during the semester? Fuck off....

Marked tutorial questions where copies of the answers simply float around on the net? Quite redundant....

The thing I hated the most about the course was how intuitive you just needed to be in terms of applying the content to the question... It's what makes the course so difficult as opposed to when Kriesler (I think? or previous course admin) was running it? Apparently, Micro 2 was pretty straight forward then but I wouldn't be surprised if that was never the case.
i like gautam as well but the course content unless ur a whiz at maths is hard. i came in doing micro2 barely passing qma with the skin on my teeht and doing general maths in high school lol
Yeah, i personally found the two 6-8pm exams a bit annoying especially when you have to come to uni all the way just for one exam in the evening. But I guess its probably the uni admin staff that make the exam time so crappy. As for the marked tutorial question, its a bit pointless, but then the solutions Gautam posts doesn't help all that much as it just shows the numerical value as opposed to the whole solution.

So agree with the intuitive bit...

They give you some real abstract theory and you're expected to do a whole series of calculations to prove this and that...The problems in the workwork look real simple at first, very simple calculus even compared to 2U HSC. But then once you put pen to paper and try do them, applying the theory becomes so incredibly difficult. Its more like if you don't get it, you just never will.

I looked at past paper's from library website, old Micro 2 was more like present Micro1, just very content driven. If only they could bring back the old one ;)

Gautam please, please let me pass! lol :cold:

Last edited:

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
Apparently, Micro 2 was pretty straight forward then but I wouldn't be surprised if that was never the case.
Micro 2 was never easy.

mgmt1001 was boring as shit, i wouldn't recommend it.

if it was me, i'd pick micro/macro 1 easily. They're a complete rehash of high school economics. And qma is a pretty tricky course imo, the course work is easy but unless you're willing to put in a decent amount of time internalising the content and doing all of the tute questions you're pretty much guaranteed to struggle at least a little.

(of course i might be a little biased being an pure econ major)

also, 6pm exams > 9am exams any day of the week.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)