general UNSW chit-chat (1 Viewer)

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Highlight of my day: getting table number M8 during my exam. Stoked as, m8.

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
-----------------------------------------____________________________-------------------------------

shaon0

HSC
Maths tomorrow - anyone have any idea how 1131/1141 is scaled?
I've heard that Maths aren't scaled but i honestly think its bs. Pretty sure most ppl would fail otherwise since there's lots of noobs.

henry08

HSC
N/A
Yeah maths...

I'm not so keen on calculus or projections of vectors in algebra.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
I've heard that Maths aren't scaled but i honestly think its bs. Pretty sure most ppl would fail otherwise since there's lots of noobs.
but maths marking is pretty generous tho. they take like 3 best results for ur topic tests as well as online tests...

i hardly know anyone who got below 20/30 for topics tests or like 28/30 or something for online tests

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
online tests for math1131 and 1231 you should just use maple and get full marks in em, its srsly easy.
class tests yeah best 3/4 marks, but they take all your online test marks i think.

maple... 1131 eeeeasy, once i found out it was open book i was like OK NOT STUDYING =], did the test, question 1 limits, go to the index find where limits is, find out how to do limits, do limits question, next plz.
12/15 bam easy.

maple test for 1231 is a bit harder though so make sure you can do all the examples at the back of your maple booklet (yes you should have this, $10 from the unswbookstore iirc).

Winn

HSC
Lol. Hm, so not many people fail maths?
I have my exam in one hour. Basically, I chucked all the information from this session into my brain in about 2 days. As well as regretting not learning during the semester, I also blame the World Cup.
:eek:

MooshyMoosh

HSC
Hmmm question here; My student card still says 'NAwd', while most people I've met have their degree of study, should I change it? Or does it not matter?

HSC
unsw xtremeeeee

Climbed the big ball on main walkway, climbed the roof of Willis Annexe last night and managed to get inside q-lounge last night:guitar:

TehAzner

HSC
N/A
Hmmm question here; My student card still says 'NAwd', while most people I've met have their degree of study, should I change it? Or does it not matter?
I would go and check up on that if I were you. Even if it doesn't cause problems now, could cause some in the future.

Btw lol @ the posters at Randwick Racecourse showing "legitimate" water bottles. I lawled pretty hard before going into my Property, Equity and Trusts 1 exam this morning.

Was darn cold too :dog:

MooshyMoosh

HSC
I would go and check up on that if I were you. Even if it doesn't cause problems now, could cause some in the future.

Btw lol @ the posters at Randwick Racecourse showing "legitimate" water bottles. I lawled pretty hard before going into my Property, Equity and Trusts 1 exam this morning.

Was darn cold too :dog:
Hmmm, probably should, but I can't be bothered to go into uni now seeing as I don't have to, I might go at the start of next semester.

Lol I saw those posters too :spin: First time I saw them I was like 'Wha..?'...
And what the heck, no clear bags for pens, pencils etc?? Why did they not tell us beforehand?? :mad1:

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
honestly if u don't at least DN 1131 i'll laugh in your face

Gold Lion

HSC
A lot of people say MATH1131 is 'easy' but I personally found it a challenge because:
1) I only did 2 unit at school
2) I didn't do too great in the 2 unit paper
3) I went into uni assuming it was going to be a breeze, did nothing first 4 weeks, too late to catch up, failed everything

Just had the test, I studied like a mofo for calc but didn't focus too much on algebra so pretty unsure about my results but I'm guessing either just pass or epic fail

henry08

HSC
N/A
I personally thoghut the 1131 paper was slightly harder than the previous years to some extent, with the Algebra component perhaps harder than in the previous couple of years. No Riemann sum stuff or rates of change was good though. Hopefully I passed it otehrwise problems arise next semster...

Winn

HSC
A lot of people say MATH1131 is 'easy' but I personally found it a challenge because:
1) I only did 2 unit at school
2) I didn't do too great in the 2 unit paper
3) I went into uni assuming it was going to be a breeze, did nothing first 4 weeks, too late to catch up, failed everything

Just had the test, I studied like a mofo for calc but didn't focus too much on algebra so pretty unsure about my results but I'm guessing either just pass or epic fail
Lol, the following may make you feel better.
1) I am doing 1141 because I assumed maths at uni is going to be like what it was in high school.
2) Didn't attend any lectures after week 3.
3) Did nothing for it apart from a couple of random questions every now and then for class tests.
4) Didn't even cram that much. For the whole Stuvac period I was pretty much watching either CSI or the World Cup.

Woot.
Oh, I think Sikhman asked this before...but does anyone know how 1141/1131 scaled?

C'mon, gimme that Credit XD

Now I must study for Physics...exam is in about 15 hours.:(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)