General UTS chit-chat (1 Viewer)

gracie007

HSC
Re: The UTS 'Secks and Start of Autumn Semester' Thread

^yeah but...would u REALLY want to do 5 subjects in one semester? thats a lot of work. i know i wouldnt wanna do extra if i didnt have to.

hey what maths did u guys do in high school? im finding maths modelling pretty full on, i only did general and have done the bridging course but that guy is a freak and goes soo fast i can hardly keep up. im gonna move down to foundation maths. then do maths modelling next semester. according to the head of maths anyway.

so if u guys havent got the textbook for maths yet ill sell it to u for like 65, its totally new i havent even touched it yet

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC

krayzie_ said:
what are you guys plannin to drop?
67101-intro to materials science

gracie007 said:
^yeah but...would u REALLY want to do 5 subjects in one semester? thats a lot of work. i know i wouldnt wanna do extra if i didnt have to.

hey what maths did u guys do in high school? im finding maths modelling pretty full on, i only did general and have done the bridging course but that guy is a freak and goes soo fast i can hardly keep up. im gonna move down to foundation maths. then do maths modelling next semester. according to the head of maths anyway.

so if u guys havent got the textbook for maths yet ill sell it to u for like 65, its totally new i havent even touched it yet
well id rather do the 5 subjects that im interested in, than do 4 subjects, one of which i probably wont put 100% in, so ill know which one to choose
plus 23 hours for 5 subjects isnt that bad...i had 26 for the first semester, last year at unsw, so i know what to expect
i did extension 1, so its basically all revision for me...i guess you can tell him to slow it down a bit if he goes too fast for you
if youre going to do the same subject next semester, id rather keep the book for next semester rather than sell it

Last edited:

krayzie_

HSC

ahhh i see, how are you finding chemistry? have u read the first few experiments yet? that sub shitts me! cos she gives us no notes and cbF puttin them online either and im a slow writer hehe

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC

ay do we need to get a lab book for chem?
i guess i could let you borrow my book if you missed out on anything
chem i sorta done last year, but barely passed, so it should be kind of revision for me
basic stuff i suppose
haha i wonder if i screw up the mid session, whether i could get the final exam to count for 80%

krayzie_

HSC

YEA, i think she said we get it next week..! but this week is jus introduction!
haha, nahh its ok my gf was writing it down too!
ive done basic chem in tafe but that was it lol..
TRY not to screw up! i would HATE to repeat that subject, as well as cells =.=

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC

haha my whole course is chemistry, so i guess ill have to get use to it, and try not to fail!

LostAuzzie

HSC

Well I checked the theoretical timetable and there would be no unresolvable clashes, and 27hrs per week is manageable
I'm thinking I might go see the dean on monday.

Last edited:

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC

LostAuzzie said:
Well I checked the theoretical timetable and there would be no unresolvable clashes, and 27hrs per week is manageable
However I also checked, if we were to do physical aspects of nature this semester and cant see any problems there (this would be a better alternative as it wouldn't involve overloading)
I'm thinking I might go see the dean on monday.
that sounds like a good idea, if we could do physical aspects of nature this semester and then do med sci 2 next semester
thing is do they offer physical aspects of nature in first semester?
would you mind letting me know on how it goes?

ay so i checked that they offered physical aspects of nature in first semester...hmm

ay ryan, i double checked and i found out to be some sort of clash, just by viewing it from timetable builder :confused:
either way i dont wanna do materials, so if overloading is the last resort, then ill do it

Last edited:

LostAuzzie

HSC

jemsta said:
that sounds like a good idea, if we could do physical aspects of nature this semester and then do med sci 2 next semester
thing is do they offer physical aspects of nature in first semester?
would you mind letting me know on how it goes?

ay so i checked that they offered physical aspects of nature in first semester...hmm
Yeh and after I posted that I found the clash, this time with phys and maths
so our only option is to overload which could be tough

LostAuzzie

HSC

krayzie_ said:
ahhh i see, how are you finding chemistry? have u read the first few experiments yet? that sub shitts me! cos she gives us no notes and cbF puttin them online either and im a slow writer hehe
thats why I type, much easier and your hand doesnt get as sore

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC

LostAuzzie said:
Yeh and after I posted that I found the clash, this time with phys and maths
so our only option is to overload which could be tough
im sure its do-able, 23 hours instead of 27 doesnt sound a lot for 5 subjects, so i bet if we work and study together, it could make it easier
nevertheless, wanna meet up and speak to the dean on monday?

LostAuzzie said:
thats why I type, much easier and your hand doesnt get as sore
i find it easier to write the notes by hand, then type them when i get home

LostAuzzie

HSC

jemsta said:
im sure its do-able, 23 hours instead of 27 doesnt sound a lot for 5 subjects, so i bet if we work and study together, it could make it easier
nevertheless, wanna meet up and speak to the dean on monday?
Yeh Ill think it out over the weekend and get back to you either on this thread or by pm sunday evening. Ow and looking at the timetable it would actually be 27hrs I think, 6 for chem, phys and stats, 5 for med, 4 for forensics. But thats still manageable
I wonder if they'd let us do chem 1C & chem 2C in the same semester :p

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC

LostAuzzie said:
Yeh Ill think it out over the weekend and get back to you either on this thread or by pm sunday evening. Ow and looking at the timetable it would actually be 27hrs I think, 6 for chem, phys and stats, 5 for med, 4 for forensics. But thats still manageable
I wonder if they'd let us do chem 1C & chem 2C in the same semester :p
ah yeah, youre right
my bad :p
haha 12 hours of chem in one semester :p i highly doubt it
chem 2c i think would prob have similar assessments as chem 1c i think and med sci 2 the same as med sci 1 (could someone confirm this)
well pharm and engineering people prob get that many hours during first year...and its not like were not use to it anyways

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC

hey ryan, this is the timetable that i compiled if we were to do 5 subjects next semester

damn that looks hectic

Last edited:

LostAuzzie

HSC

jemsta said:
hey ryan, this is the timetable that i compiled if we were to do 5 subjects next semester

damn that looks hectic
Yeh Its not impossible, there are two minor things though, stats cmp is only 1 hour and the physics lecture is only 1.5hrs

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC

yep edited
now that doesnt look so bad after all

krayzie_

HSC

Thats a nice timetable!

Hey do you guys know when we can allocate ourselves for semester two? I'm assuming it would be closer to spring semesterw - but if anyone knows when this will be available in subject activities then thankss in advance

Hermzie

rarrrrrrrrr
HSC

Random question: does anyone know where I can buy optus phone credit near broadway campus?

Logistics

HSC

Building 1, level 3. Newsagency or what ever that shop.

Phyuk_Yiu

http://co.bos.error2-1337
HSC

Great, one week of using public transport and i allready got the flu. Couldn't get any extra work done on the weekend. Oh well, i think ive gone through the worst of it, but the lectures will still be a torture tommorow.:mad1:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)