goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
Re: The UTS 'Get Naked and Secks!!' Thread

this threads so quiet these days

miche11e

HSC

when did they make engineering communication a core subject for engineering?
cos seriously, eng comm is equivalent to feeding your fingers through an automated pencil sharpener in terms of pain. its almost as bad as HSC english! and about as useful too.

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC

dammn over exam time this was the quietest ive seen this thread in a long time
and even b4 that

howd u all go?

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC

yeah.. really quiet.

just had an audit mid-sem on friday, all of vc week off for me (no random exams or assignments due).

dram

i do things
HSC

how did you find the audit mid sem huratio? i thought it was fair, but had a few curly bits.

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC

yeah, pretty fair. some of the mc questions were a bit weird.. like the last question on where an auditor would find info on an australian company.. i put the australian, but i was tossing it up with the AFR.

the short answers were pretty easy.. pretty basic questions on the audit model and assertions, which were very much easier to do than stuff in the Cloud 9 workbook.

roadcone

HSC

i can't believe that audit exam had a failure rate of 45%!! i thought that most people would have found it reasonably straight forward...

dram

i do things
HSC

mmmm the average was a fail (9.27 out of 20). hah!

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC

the short answers were pretty easy..
lol, i like this quote i made a couple days ago. not true when i saw the results for my SA questions..

i heard audit got a 47% fail rate last semester.. so i guess nothing changes.

roadcone

HSC

^ this is one reason why i believe restricted open book exams don't work - it just provides an opportunity for the unscrupulous to cheat.

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC

Thats because so many got caught cheating and i know this from all the exam misconduct cases i heard
Do that many get caught cheating in exams? I would have thought those misconduct cases would primarily be based on other grounds like plagiarism which seems easier to be detected.

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC

at least 30 got caught easy, alot of people write shit in their books
Everyone wrote in their Civil Engineering dictionary for Intro to civil exam.

krayzie_

HSC

Is this just me?

I tried to log into one stop admin and when I do it gets in normally, BUT the side panel where I select stuff I want to view is not there? Its just blank white with nothing, tried reloading and different browsers and nothing?!

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC

Is this just me?

I tried to log into one stop admin and when I do it gets in normally, BUT the side panel where I select stuff I want to view is not there? Its just blank white with nothing, tried reloading and different browsers and nothing?!
It happens sometimes for me. Normally when I'm trying to get uni results though.
Maybe try a couple hours later?

krayzie_

HSC

UTS is the best.

I love it. I went to USYD at lidcombe for this semester and I'm coming back to UTS next semester. The campus there is shit. computers are shit. tutorial rooms are shit, its like a high school literally. Crap tables which are about 10 years old, crap chairs, gum stuck underneath the tables :D Lecture rooms = gg epic fail

Comps are scarce, they don't have them hanging around like UTS does <333 Parking is shit.. Hmm what else is shit, everything.

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC

UTS is the best.

I love it. I went to USYD at lidcombe for this semester and I'm coming back to UTS next semester. The campus there is shit. computers are shit. tutorial rooms are shit, its like a high school literally. Crap tables which are about 10 years old, crap chairs, gum stuck underneath the tables :D Lecture rooms = gg epic fail

Comps are scarce, they don't have them hanging around like UTS does <333 Parking is shit.. Hmm what else is shit, everything.
Why have 10 computers available when 20 stuents need them. That's UTS's problem. Sure they have alot of computer rooms, but its not enough to satisfy all students during peak times.

Why did they get rid of the 15 min machines in Building 2 level 4?

krayzie_

HSC

Why have 10 computers available when 20 stuents need them. That's UTS's problem. Sure they have alot of computer rooms, but its not enough to satisfy all students during peak times.

Why did they get rid of the 15 min machines in Building 2 level 4?
Compared to USYD, theres nothing, I have literally seen no rooms dedicated to computers and the library at lidcombe has computers enough for 1 out of 10 people.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)