General UTS chit-chat (1 Viewer)

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
Re: The UTS 'Get Naked and Secks!!' Thread

Compared to USYD, theres nothing, I have literally seen no rooms dedicated to computers and the library at lidcombe has computers enough for 1 out of 10 people.
UWS penrith (Kingwood Campus) has the best computer labs. Always found a computer anytime of the day.

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC

Why does auditing have such a high fail rate?
Those fail rates were for the mid-sem exam (which was not overly hard). Apparently the fail rates for audit for the subject overall are around 30% (which is pretty average for an accounting major subject).

Why have 10 computers available when 20 stuents need them. That's UTS's problem. Sure they have alot of computer rooms, but its not enough to satisfy all students during peak times.

Why did they get rid of the 15 min machines in Building 2 level 4?
Same case for in Building 5. It is like impossible to get on a computer nowdays. I will normally resort to going to Building 10 (quite a walk, but there is an abundance of available computers). You have to be an IT student though =p

krayzie_

HSC

Ohh ok.

Is there any minimum CP's a student must enrol into for any given semester? Say I need to do 1 subject next semester, will there be any problems with that from UTS?

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC

Ohh ok.

Is there any minimum CP's a student must enrol into for any given semester? Say I need to do 1 subject next semester, will there be any problems with that from UTS?
Probably not. Although if you do less than 3 subjects (either 1 or 2 subjects), you will lose your travel concessions as you will no longer be considered as a full time student.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC

UTS is the best.

I love it. I went to USYD at lidcombe for this semester and I'm coming back to UTS next semester. The campus there is shit. computers are shit. tutorial rooms are shit, its like a high school literally. Crap tables which are about 10 years old, crap chairs, gum stuck underneath the tables :D Lecture rooms = gg epic fail

Comps are scarce, they don't have them hanging around like UTS does <333 Parking is shit.. Hmm what else is shit, everything.
plus the campus is right next to the cemetery LOL

HSC

UTS Black Party Cruise guise?

krayzie_

HSC

Can I play games on UTS wireless? LOL. Got massive breaks next semester 5 hrs +

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC

No idea. I haven't tried it haha.

How are exams going krayzie?

krayzie_

HSC

No idea. I haven't tried it haha.

How are exams going krayzie?
Damn, going to try it next semester.

I'm at USYD, at the moment. Only got two exams, but I'm going to be coming back to UTS next semester to my original degree.

On a different note, how is ASR? I tried to contact the subject coordinator but he didn't reply me. I can't enrol in the remaining tutorials because they are for PT students only. Are tutorials compulsory for this subject?

Last edited:

atletico

HSC

hey,
what is the best way to prepare to do the 75 mcqs in the final exam in 22107 accounting for business?

maka

HSC

Does Jon still give the last lecture as a summary of the whole course.

If so, that pretty much defines the important topics to be studied.

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC

Games dont work.
MSN dont work.
Torrent downloading dont work.

UTS internet and wireless services suck.

krayzie_

HSC

serious or are you being sarcastic?:)
No I'm serious, accounting 1 is good very basic concepts. If your worried about accounting 1, just wait till you do accounting 2. AWFUL! After TK n Nicole took over, ZOMG, the exam questions = horrible. I shit you not, every person I bumped into and overheard were like "i failed i failed" when I went to the market city carpark, there were people paying for their tickets also spewing saying too hard and i fail :)

Games dont work.
MSN dont work.
Torrent downloading dont work.

UTS internet and wireless services suck.
That is so gay.

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC

That is so gay.
however I have heard of a few ppl being able to bypass the restrictions and use MSN messenger, I guess they might be able to bypass restrictions for torrent dling and online games aswell.

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC

On a different note, how is ASR? I tried to contact the subject coordinator but he didn't reply me. I can't enrol in the remaining tutorials because they are for PT students only. Are tutorials compulsory for this subject?
ASR is quite a dry subject. The whole subject is on the accounting standards (AASBs) and a bit of theoretical accounting. Some of it is practical, which don't go past simple calculations.

Tutorials are not compulsory- they are worth 0% (do not count towards your final mark) and there is no entry ticket homework. They are quite useful though, class discussion on the tutorial questions helped me out with the subject.

Wait until a tutorial opens up that allow FT students to enrol. There is bound to be drop-outs etc which open up tutorial spots.

krayzie_

HSC
The UTS 'Get Naked and Secks!!' Thread (Multi-page thread 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page)

I cant access the last page of this thread for the past few weeks. It says:

Redirect Loop

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

The browser has stopped trying to retrieve the requested item. The site is redirecting the request in a way that will never complete.

* Have you disabled or blocked cookies required by this site?
* NOTE: If accepting the site's cookies does not resolve the problem, it is likely a server configuration issue and not your computer.

Any other thread on BoS is fine.

So who has noticed the increase in spam on the uts email network? E.g people like Alison Katipunan, Hui Peng, Mark Wesker spamming trying to sell their textbooks. Geez, sign up for textbook exchange.

maka

HSC
Re: The UTS 'Get Naked and Secks!!' Thread (Multi-page thread 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page

I have had difficulty in accessing the last page as well.

I havent got any email from any of these people though yeyt.

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
Re: The UTS 'Get Naked and Secks!!' Thread (Multi-page thread 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page

I have the same problem, although it seems to work when you click on the thread, then press "last" to access the last page.

I will let the admins know and see if the problem can be fixed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)