Genre (1 Viewer)

Mikki14

HSC
skynet89 said:
god you people make me feel bad :(. i wrote the whole time and could only get 10 pages for each.
Ok i'll make you feel better then, i wrote the whole time and got eight pages a peice, i felt good though even when i looked around and saw everyone else with more then two answer booklets on their desks, its a personal best for me, besides my writing is pretty small.

I did Spec Fic, loved the exam best i've ever done with it. I constantly refered to the question with the essay, instantly disgarded the text I didn't want to use so was writing about LOTR and Dune plus my related texts the whole way through, was great.

The story was amazing i've finally made my teacher proud shes been telling me since prelim year to write a dystopic fiction and I finally did. As a prized possesion of the society I thought the microscope should be in a museum the only catch was the museum was underground and off limits to the general public. I loved my last line of the story after the protagonist had been thrown into a room that was locked behind him, he discovers a skull and the last line is "Welcome my fate". Its great i should have written dystopic fictions the whole way through, proves that we should listen to our teachers, oh well a little to late for me then.

7noo7y

HSC
Uni Grad
The Extension English Paper was a nice one!

Personally, I thought the critical (although "passion" and "detachment" were a challenging way of interpreting the question) was not too complicated. I just interpreted "detachment" as a composers ability to step back from traditional conventions and offer something different to the genre through stretches, subversions and new directions. It worked really well, but hopefully it was a right interpetation.

Creative was rather nice! Easy to adapt to the prepared response and gathering from the feedback of everyone else, they thought it was not as hard as expected.

Now we play the waiting game......

7noo7y

HSC
Uni Grad
skynet89 said:
god you people make me feel bad :(. i wrote the whole time and could only get 10 pages for each.

My writing is considered microscopic (which i think is ridiculous) but i fit on average 13-15 words on a line. So when i write 5 pages i have written over 2000 words which is adequate, although it doesn't show. So i have never had the privelige of filling an exam booklet.

carly-anne

HSC
I agree about the creative writting, I thought it was quite easy to slot that image into a prepared piece of writting, with a few minor adjustments.
Although with the essay I linked passion with the composer and talked about how it is due to the cultural concerns reflected in the piece that this passion comes through. I then said that crime fiction is a medium through which it is possible for the composer to express their own concerns about society, and hence due to this the texts are infussed with passion for the composer is talking about matters close to heart.
On the other hand I linked detachment with the detective and stated that the detective becomes more of a custodian to the reader; for example in Edgar Allan Poe's time the detective was in place to nutralise the threat of serious crimes to the responder.
All in all I didn't think the question was to bad, and I wrote 10 pages.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)