GENUINE ARTICLE or the FAKE alternative? (1 Viewer)

filosophy

filosophy
HSC
N/A
sup dudes and dudettes

one time i saw this heaps mad Adidas jacket for like $15...
first impression..best deal ever... then i saw closer...HEY! this is a fake...
more like ABIBAS!
..except the logo looks exactly like the original..So i bought it anyway.

wonderin how much u guys r interested in fake apparel?...i'd more rather SAVE my ass off for something original if i truly wanted it, even if it cost shtloads..but whats wrong with the el CHEAPO here and there?

Last edited:
HSC
N/A
I don't really buy from the high-fashion labels which fakes normally try to emulate, but generally I prefer to buy the real thing... you're pay for the quality you get... (and I like quality)

That being said certain things are overpriced and the cheaper alternatives can rock :D (this normally pertains to accessories though)

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
yeah same
love my quality, so id rather fork out $100 for a jacket that will last for ages, rather than a $30 fake which would last after a couple of wears

*AnT*

i hate my username.
HSC
N/A
tis true, dont buy the fakes cause they usually wear out faster.
you get what you pay for.
but some brands eg billabong, quicksilver, polo, etc
some of these brands have quite poor quality and you could get something from Target with the same quality for a third of the surf brand price.
save your cash to buy something genuine, its worth it.

Aslightissue

HSC
I agree with ANT. I'd rather buy Target generics than a real Billabong or Quicksilver item, but with the really good stuff, like Armani and Ralph Lauren, it's way better to get the originals for quality.

HSC
*AnT* said:
tis true, dont buy the fakes cause they usually wear out faster.
you get what you pay for.
but some brands eg billabong, quicksilver, polo, etc
some of these brands have quite poor quality and you could get something from Target with the same quality for a third of the surf brand price.
save your cash to buy something genuine, its worth it.
not really .. surf kinda clothes have always held up really well for me. with the exception of ripcurl, their quality's a bit shit so i tend not to buy their stuff. but seriously, half the time the stuff in target is nearly as much as billabong or whatever for some reason.

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
katietheskatie said:
not really .. surf kinda clothes have always held up really well for me. with the exception of ripcurl, their quality's a bit shit so i tend not to buy their stuff. but seriously, half the time the stuff in target is nearly as much as billabong or whatever for some reason.
i would say the same about billabong. i like quicksilver best when it comes to quality.

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
yeah quicksilver shit pretty much owns, except their wax comb thingys in their boardies always stab me in the leg :eek:

Lori.

HSC
Adidas isnt even that expensive, neither are Billabong, etc, so why not just buy the real thing?!

When it comes to items like fake Louis Vuitton handbags, Fendi, etc, I find it really sad when girls run around like its real and they're cool, cause the group of people that they're trying to belong to (the ones that can afford the real thing) can always tell that its fake. Especially when the rest of their outfit are supre or trackies - how the hell could they afford it, when they cant even get decent clothes?

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
I once bought a pair of fake adidas Superstars for abt A$15...u could tell it was crappier quality; material they used and the cushioning inside was inferior to the real thing. But overall they were still comfortable and i wore em for 1.5yrs so u could say i got my moneys worth lol

Usually i prefer the genuine article, but if the fake is of the same quality then yeh id probly buy it.

*Minka*

HSC
I have some billabong and roxy jeans and both have been really good quality. I have had the roxy jeans for two years now and they are still in near perfect condition.

*AnT*

i hate my username.
HSC
N/A
quicksilver sucks, i havent bought a surf branded item for a long long time now.
maybe i got the shitty shirt from Quicksilver ($60) but for that price i dont think it was worth it, the shirt was a cut and sew so that would have contributed to the fact that it stretched to the shit around the bottom, but thats not excuse for the print cracking...it was also bought at SDS...havent been to that store since.
ralph lauren polos fade too much, i dont know why someone would purchase another after the first....

sladehk

le random
HSC
RL polos fade? dang just bought like 5 polos ><

woodwardbrett

HSC
To be honest I think most, if not all surf brands are way too over priced.... these days the clothes are low quality and the price is exorbanent, why one would bother with those brands is beyond me. And most of the time these days the clothes you buy are already half worn out with f@#king holes and that crap in the pants etc .... what a waste of cash.... why spend $60 on a t-shirt or $140 on a pair of pants that are not of very good quality and maybe half worn out....... its craziness I tells ya!!

Aslightissue

HSC
Yeah, most distressed clothes are definitely not my kind of thing. I don't know why you'd pay $50 for a pair of jeans that look patched together, when you could have just bought shitty jeans and worn them out. Meh. Then again, I'm a clean lines fetishist.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
It depends if you are buying something for the name, or for the material quality and style. i rarely buy for the name, so often i wear generic stuff that is heaps cheaper but almost as good as better brands.

A few brands i have liked the quality like quicksilver,and billabong are usually pretty good. I also usually buy brand named shoes [not like $200 pairs, but something good quality] and brand name thongs are usually only like 20$ from a surf shop and way more comfortable.

Jeans i prefer brand name aswell, but it doesnt really bother me who makes it, aslong as i can tell its quality.

*AnT*

i hate my username.
HSC
N/A
quality?
i havent seen quality jeans for under $200....period!
there are no selvege jeans under that price.
thats why i prefer USA made tee's cause the quality is that much better....
dont buy fake shoes because they (the fakes manufactuer) only replicate the outside appearance of the shoe and dont take into account for the foot anatomy, and hence could fuck your foot shape over....

HSC
N/A
^ mm true that. I NEVER go cheap on shoes, in fact that's probably the one thing where I'll see a $130 price tag and think "oh yeah, that's a good price" without even blinking.

I happily go cheap on summer clothes though, especially if they can be altered easily (eg stuff from those asian shops :p)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)