GENUINE ARTICLE or the FAKE alternative? (1 Viewer)

jebbie

imrad. yourerad. letshug.
HSC
I usually save and get the genuine article. There are some things that it is never worthwhile getting a fake - one in particular being perfume.

There are other things where if the quality is good and I want it, but not for the brand, then I'll get it.

Recently I went to Hong Kong and I bought heaps of fakes. I need alot of handbags, a new wallet, a new watch, tops, etc. I got those. Some where fakes of brands, others weren't brands. But when I bought the things that were brands for most of them I didn't care what brand it was trying to imitate, although there were a few pieces I got specifically because of the brand they were imitating. But yeh you get what I mean.

jebbie

HSC
Serius said:
It depends if you are buying something for the name, or for the material quality and style. i rarely buy for the name, so often i wear generic stuff that is heaps cheaper but almost as good as better brands.

A few brands i have liked the quality like quicksilver,and billabong are usually pretty good. I also usually buy brand named shoes [not like $200 pairs, but something good quality] and brand name thongs are usually only like 20$ from a surf shop and way more comfortable.

Jeans i prefer brand name aswell, but it doesnt really bother me who makes it, aslong as i can tell its quality.
I agree. I buy Seven Jeans because they have good quality and I like their cut, plus tehy're not as expensive as Levis, etc.

I like Havs for thongs as well because theyre softer and more comfortable.

I buy brand named shoes all the time because with heels you want quality.

I also buy brand name for perfumes because you don't know what they put in the imitations plus the scent usually fades quickly and isn't as nice.

I also get brand name glasses frames. I don't care who makes it, but the nice frames are always expensive if they are or aren't a brand, and it usually just ends up being a brand (DKNY, Ralph Lauren, etc).

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
I don't wear fakes.

It makes me feel self-conscious and scum.

jebbie

HSC
Orange Juice said:
jebbie, 7s cost less than levis?
Um no I have no substance for this claim.

I hate the Levis people. No service. I just get Sevens from Just Jeans. Theyre nice people and Sevens are comfy.

I also assumed they cost less? Considering they werent like $200

dora_18

HSC
Not only is the quality worse, you're also taking the fun out of buying labels/designer!
I mean i cant afford a $15,000 bag at the moment, so for now i aspire to have one and hopefully one day i will. If everyone started buying fakes whats the point of having desinger items at all?

But i only care about the really pricey items..and therefore designers, like prada..chanel..hermes.
If someone wants to buy a fake adidas jacket..i don't really care. lol

Last edited:

*AnT*

i hate my username.
HSC
N/A
dora_18 said:
Not only is the quality worse, you're also taking the fun out of buying labels/designer!
I mean i cant afford a $15,000 bag at the moment, so for now i aspire to have one and hopefully one day i will. If everyone started buying fakes whats the point of having desinger items at all?

But i only care about the really pricey items..and therefore designers, like prada..chanel..hermes.
If someone wants to buy a fake adidas jacket..i don't really care. lol
i have one brand in mind which falls into this category
Louis Vuitton.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
Genuine, although when I was in China I bought fake designer stuff simply because it was SO cheap. I was there to buy cheap stuff and most of that was imitation.

And yet, none of them have lasted longer than a year, and my Prada wallet is still going (sort of) strong after 5 years.

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
but theres sooooooo many LV fakes out there, surely they haven't been doing enough to try and halt all this counterfeiting?

*AnT*

i hate my username.
HSC
N/A
dora_18 said:
See right now, even if had 15K to spend on a handbag i wouldn't buy Louis Vuitton, becuase theres no point as everyone just thinks its fake. People have totaly ruined the brands reputation...
I have a few Guess bags, they're not overly expensive and they're pretty. Next month my mind is set on a chanel one...
yes, thats why i bolded the $15,000 bag and everyone started buying fakes whats the point ..... ;)

LV has probably made heaps of money...and i guess it all depends on where you are and how you dress/what you wear which determines whether or not your handbag is real.....

Always

HSC
LV bags and monogrammed accessories sell like hotcakes so I don't think the house of Louis Vuitton is losing out from fakes. Most people who own designer handbags will have an LV somewhere in their collection. God knows why...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)