Germany (1 Viewer)

Benno

HSC
geez did any1 else do the demorcracy one!! i found it very easy :D
i just craped on about depression, eneimies of weimiar, weakness of constition, previous problems etc
Leni was preety good aswell :)

Pogmahaugn

yeah, the depression question was very good, as long as you managed to keep the question revolving around the Great Depression, rather than straying into other factors in the fall of democracy

Speer was very straight foward, pretty easy, although the first bit was sooo broad, which sucks, means info and historiography inevitably gets left out

ditzychick

i did the depression question too - i thought not many people would choose it and so i would have better chances at shining, cuz i feel pretty confident with depression and economy and weimar stuff. i hope i didnt stray too far tho - i got 12 pages fpr dat question, and 12 for leni as well. i thought leni was pretty easy... the second part let us have a bit of an opinion bout all the controversy which was good. hopefully i went ok!!

Last edited:

*10#

i was cherring with germany question wrote about 10 pages for that essay and bout 9 for speer -

but my historiogrphy was pretty gay so im not to happy bout that

in my trail i got 36.5/40 for both the germany question combined.

i think iwas at least equal or better than that effort today - but it depends how hard they mark (fingers crossed)

*10#

i was cherring with germany question wrote about 10 pages for that essay and bout 9 for speer -

but my historiogrphy was pretty gay so im not to happy bout that

in my trail i got 36.5/40 for both the germany question combined.

i think iwas at least equal or better than that effort today - but it depends how hard they mark (fingers crossed)

chippie

i thought the Germany question was brilliant! I did the society one as well, and I think I did pretty ok. The Leni Riefenstahl questions were also good, similar to the past years questions!

mellyt

Germany section was excellent... i really really liked it...
For the Germany question i wrote two fulll booklets which was great and i was heaps pumped.. i did the one on the impact of the depression... that was good...
then for my personality i did Leni Riefenstahl and wrote 3 full booklets... i was quite proud of my efforts and hope that it will make up for my poor efforts on the indochina side!!!! lol

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
LOL with Leni I was writing things like "Riefenstahl believes that..." and having to then cross it out and replace "believes" with "believed" lol.... she wasn't dead when I did my trial, and I had read over my trial essay the morning before the exam...

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
I REALLY wanted to do the democracy one cos I really like the Weimar period and was really studied up on it, but it was too narrow to get a substantial essay out of, considering also that most historians say the depression didn't play a substantial or direct part. So I did good old Nazi society.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Originally posted by Alexander
we cant all get 100
Actually, technically we could. In the old HSC we couldn't cos the spread of marks had to fit the bell curve, but in this standards-based assessment, if we all reached the top criteria they would have to give us all 100.

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
i did the society one, sounds like everyone did. mentioned 'for the protection of ppl and the state' and the enabling act etc briefly in my first paragraph and ideology in the paragraph then elaborated on women, youth, the army, workers and of course the jews (been in every year so far!) but coz of the time period, woulldnt you HAVE to mention WWII coz its up to 1945? wont that be one of the main things they will look for in critera? i just mentioned aspects of it in women and the army

Alexander

Gold Member
Originally posted by Ms 12
Actually, technically we could. In the old HSC we couldn't cos the spread of marks had to fit the bell curve, but in this standards-based assessment, if we all reached the top criteria they would have to give us all 100.
You've made my day~!

Stuwy85

I hope not mary jane cause i only talked up until 39 and gave brief mention of how germany was getting ready for war. Just because it gives a time period doesnt mean you have to talk abuot everything in that period i dont think (i hope). I did a similar thing in cold war, the period was 49-79 and i only gave brief mention of stuff before 63 and said it was not effectual or significant and then spent the rest of the essay talking abuot 1963-1979. As long as you cover enough material you should be fine, as harsh as they will mark it, they must realise that 33-45 is 12 years and alot of shit happened they cant expect you to talk about it all in 40 minutes (can they?). Plus heaps of people are approaching it from different angles implying they must have left elements out. I think you (and me hopefully) will be fine.

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
Originally posted by Stuwy85
I hope not mary jane cause i only talked up until 39 and gave brief mention of how germany was getting ready for war. Just because it gives a time period doesnt mean you have to talk abuot everything in that period i dont think (i hope).
well i made sure i included things that happened throughout the war (e.g final solution/anti semitism) because of the time period they gave us... as far as i see it, if they give that time period then they expect something for as far as they say it is....
..but i'm not a history teacher so i wouldnt know

Apathetic

Yeah, the first one was pretty annoying, and the second Speer question was kinda hard, but oh well, it's over now..
btw, gleichschaltung actually means syncronisation, not coordination, so yeah.

Kathman

Germany Questions Ruled

I loved the German questions, I did the Nazi society it was so easy I wish I had an extra hour or two and did Albert Speer, loved it, read a whole book on him and could blurble it out yeah,

Modern exam was so good

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)