Getting clashes approved? (1 Viewer)

wantingtoknow

HSC
N/A
Does anyone know anything about getting clashes approved? Under what circumstances can you get one? If I'm allowed to, how do I get one?

Chinese clashes with almost all the subjects I got left...there are some really late lectures (like 6-8) that it doesn't clash with but I don't particularly want to enrol in them because I live fairly far from uni and it's not that safe to travel during that time etc, etc. would that be a legit reason to get a clash approval?

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
No. If there are lecture streams of the course you can take that won't clash then you will be forced to take those. Clashes won't be approved unless absolutely necessary. You WAM will also be considered as to whether you are likely capable of still performing sufficiently with a course clash.

Traveling at night is perfectly safe so long as you use common sense.

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
Does anyone know anything about getting clashes approved? Under what circumstances can you get one? If I'm allowed to, how do I get one?

Chinese clashes with almost all the subjects I got left...there are some really late lectures (like 6-8) that it doesn't clash with but I don't particularly want to enrol in them because I live fairly far from uni and it's not that safe to travel during that time etc, etc. would that be a legit reason to get a clash approval?
you just need to fill in the form. it depends for each faculty, but the faculty that you're in will have a clash approval form.

i disagree with the above post. For science at least, they'll approve it if you fill in the clash form which needs the signatures of the lecturers of the 2 subjects that clash.
This is straight from the faculty of science website, "Timetable Clash Approval (PDF) (Click here)
This form is for science students who have a timetable clash. Approval must be obtained from the course authorities of both subjects of the clash. Once approval has been obtained from both course authorities you are then able to be enrolled by the Science Student Centre."
I've had 2 clashes approved so far, and I'm going to have to approve another one in semester 2.

HSC
Uni Grad
I hate the fact that my wanted Intermediate Chinese B tute slot clashes with the one and only ACTL1001 lecture =_=

D94

HSC
N/A
I hate the fact that my wanted Intermediate Chinese B tute slot clashes with the one and only ACTL1001 lecture =_=
If you think that is bad, for Mech Eng, UNSW recommends you to do these 4 certain subjects, where they happen to clash with each other, no matter what combination of lec/tutes/labs. I just don't get it...

TheStallion

HSC
If you think that is bad, for Mech Eng, UNSW recommends you to do these 4 certain subjects, where they happen to clash with each other, no matter what combination of lec/tutes/labs. I just don't get it...
? Which subjects? Never happened in mech eng for me, or anyone else.

wantingtoknow

HSC
N/A
hmm what is a 'permitted clash'? is that different to a red clash or whatever? was googling and found this:

For Chinese Studies, students are allowed a 1-hour permitted clash, provided they are not
in the final semester before graduation. To apply for a permitted clash, please contact the
School (mailto:languages@unsw.edu.au).

will I have to go through the same process soloooooo?

someguy12

HSC
Those lectures are a waste of time anyway, and Brian is nice enough that he'll probably permit the clash.

D94

HSC
N/A
? Which subjects? Never happened in mech eng for me, or anyone else.
MATH1241, MMAN1300, MMAN1130 and MATS1101.

MMAN1130 and MATS1101 are the recommended electives. But, I'm not going to choose those two electives though, so it doesn't really affect me.

HSC
Uni Grad
tsk well the times for Engineering are bad enough, from what I know already. :S

But then your situation is even more WTF. :S

Those lectures are a waste of time anyway, and Brian is nice enough that he'll probably permit the clash.
So my situation is:

There are two tutes for Chinese; 9-11 and 12-2 on Thursdays. But actuarial lecture is on 12-2. Would I have to take the 9-11 tute place or can I just try and get a clash approved so that I can attend the 12-2 tute?

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
tsk well the times for Engineering are bad enough, from what I know already. :S

But then your situation is even more WTF. :S

So my situation is:

There are two tutes for Chinese; 9-11 and 12-2 on Thursdays. But actuarial lecture is on 12-2. Would I have to take the 9-11 tute place or can I just try and get a clash approved so that I can attend the 12-2 tute?
9-11, 2 hours of clash is asking for too much. 1 hour they dont really care about.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)