Getting into history ext! (1 Viewer)

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
M'broughRockz said:
has anyone ever got into the history extension course and just got under 80% in ancient history. Coz at my skool they require to get over 80% in ancient to enter extension history. Has their been any exceptions??
I reckon using your year 11 mark as a benchmark to determine your eligibility into history extension is stupid as it won't really indicate their possible performance in history extension. Firstly, the courses are so different from each other. And secondly, many people have the mentality that year 11 counts for nothing therefore they won't try.

Edit: just noticed enzyme's bumping old threads

Last edited:

enzyme

HSC
Oh no! I have been, too! I guess I just assume that everything is recent :confused:
My apologies.
I agree, that many people assume yr 11 counts for nothing so they don't bother trying. And if people aren't capable of Ext, they drop out in a few weeks anyway... so I don't think it's that big a deal.

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
enzyme said:
Oh no! I have been, too! I guess I just assume that everything is recent :confused:
My apologies.
I agree, that many people assume yr 11 counts for nothing so they don't bother trying. And if people aren't capable of Ext, they drop out in a few weeks anyway... so I don't think it's that big a deal.
You only apologise if you bump a 2 yr old thread for 'lol'.
You are right tho...those who can't handle it (whether it be due to the content or other subject commitments) they tend to drop it by the time most subjects reach the first assessment task

Stephanie55

HSC
My school it was at least 75% in the exam, and then we had to fill in an 'application' form with all of our marks on it... I only just got in

I'm thinking of dropping it. I don't think I can handle it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)