Getting into USyd for 2nd Round Offers? (1 Viewer)

cho6092

HSC
Hey guys, so somehow I structured my UAC preferences really poorly such that I have a high chance of getting into UNCLE instead of USyd for my main round offers (for a particular course).

I've now changed my mind - now I'm hoping to do a Bachelor of Advanced Science at USyd instead. Assuming I get an offer from UNCLE in the main rounds (21st Jan), does anyone know what are the chances of getting into BSc (Adv) in the 2nd round offers? My ATAR is 99.75.

Thanks! :)

cho6092

HSC
To clarify: I am planning to reorder my preferences for the 2nd round and let go of the UNCLE offer - so before I do so, I would like to know the risk I am taking...

HSC
It depends. They release the ATAR cut offs on the day and next to it they indicate vacancies (V). Definitely apply for it but also accept your UNCLE offer just in case. But with your ATAR I reckon USYD will allow you. Good luck :)

cho6092

HSC
Thank you! I didn't know they indicate vacancies - will be helpful indeed. If Advanced Science has no vacancies my Plan B would be to enrol in a Bachelor of Science (as 2nd preference for 2nd round offers) and then transfer to Advanced science within USyd's faculty of science.

sirable1

HSC
Uni Grad
Altough this says nothing about this years cutoffs/offers, I will post the previous outcomes for B.Sc (Adv) USyd :

I can't find late round cutoffs for 2010/11. (V) means vacancies.

Main round: 95.00
Late round: N/A (can't find cutoffs)

Main round: 95.00 (V)

Late round: 95.10

Late round: 95.20 (V)

Late round: 95.00 (V)

I still think you have a great chance of scoring a late round offer though, judging by the previous years outcomes - theres not that much oscillation.

Last edited:

cho6092

HSC
Altough this says nothing about this years cutoffs/offers, I will post the previous outcomes for B.Sc (Adv) USyd :

I can't find late round cutoffs for 2010/11. (V) means vacancies.

Main round: 95.00

Late round: 95.10

Late round: 95.20 (V)

Late round: 95.00 (V)

I still think you have a great chance of scoring a late round offer though, judging by the previous years outcomes - theres not that much oscillation.
Thanks so much Sirable1, feeling more reassured now, although can't be too complacent at the same time!

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
I'll quote myself on this:

If I were you I would accept the main round offer, but re-adjust your preferences for a later round and then hope for the best.

Think of it this way. If you don't accept this main round offer and you don't get a later offer, what would happen then?

Hence why it is best to accept the main round offer you get, but still apply the changes to your preferences and hope for an offer in later rounds. If you have already accepted a main round offer you still have the option of changing your mind and accepting an offer for a later round too.
To quote UAC from the Offers and the selection process FAQ :

UAC said:
Can I receive an offer in more than one round?You could receive an offer in more than one round. If you do, you can choose which offer to accept. If you receive an offer in one round and accept it, and then receive an offer in a later round, you can choose either to:

keep your previous offer and not accept your new offer, or
withdraw from your previous offer and accept your new offer.
Remember, not all institutions make offers in all the offer rounds. The majority of offers are made in the Main Round.

Should I accept my offer or wait to see if I get one in another round?

If you receive an offer in one round, don't assume that you'll receive another offer in a subsequent round. If you don't accept your offer and you don't receive an offer in a subsequent round, you may miss out on studying at university this year.

Accepting your offer doesn't stop you from being considered in subsequent offer rounds unless it is your first preference – read 'How do I receive more offers after I accept an offer?' below

cho6092

HSC
^Thanks too for the quote, will make sure i click the right buttons on the 21st!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)