getting nervous... (1 Viewer)

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
What gawd-awful subject required you to consult reserve books before 9am!? No one should be doing full time uni and up at that hour!

I must say for the past 12 months the reserve photocopiers look less occupied than usual. Obviously less occupied doesn't mean they should go from 8 to 0!

K.

HSC
GoodToGo said:
What gawd-awful subject required you to consult reserve books before 9am!? No one should be doing full time uni and up at that hour!

I must say for the past 12 months the reserve photocopiers look less occupied than usual. Obviously less occupied doesn't mean they should go from 8 to 0!

I studied full time and I was usually at uni around 8-9 most days. I did a few ahst units and when everyone needs to use a specific text or suggested ones and they are all held in reserve, its a bitch-They usually have 1-3 copies of this particular text and during the day its always, always held captive. Now this is going to be even more of a bitch without photocopiers,because its generally just a particular chapter or even just one or two pages that we need.

Also, a lot of humanity subjects have suggested readings for each lecture, and these suggested readings are usually in reserve for the whole semester, so people go to reserve to skim over these before class.

HSC
N/A
removing reserve photocopiers is plain insane. The whole point of that area is to make sure people use the books in there for the minimum amount of time possible so more people get a chance to use it...

X

xeuyrawp

GoodToGo said:
Hmm, that's interesting. I don't think I lined up all 2006, whereas I remember frequently lining up in 2005...

Bah, it's still insane. :(

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i wonder why. more items (readings / whole book chapters) on ereserve maybe?

when i did line up in 06 i don't think it was ever behind more than 1 person (i probably used reserve most often 12pm-2pm), in 05 it was behind numerous people.

gobi

HSC
Despite all the flak people have been giving to the library in this thread, could anyone tell me how one would go about getting a job there? I deferred my course until next year but this year I am working in a library full time and it is fun so far.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
reserve now opens before 9am!!! this morning at 8:30 there were 6 people in there, the other day at about 8:40 there were about 10 people in there. i think it's worth having it open.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)