Getting Your L's (1 Viewer)

AAEldar

Premium Member
HSC
I wasn't saying it should be cut to 20-30 hours, I was just stating I think it does get to a certain point where it just becomes a hassle because you have to have your parents with you. I hired a driving instructer, which is damn expensive, but easy hours.
I don't even care about doing 120 hours.
It's more the idea of hours that annoy me. Like, I could drive 80km in one hour, while someone could be stuck in traffic and drive 20km in 1 hour, which hardly counts for the same amount of experience.
All different driving conditions. The idea is to have you well versed in different conditions so you're more likely to expect things.

Optimus Prime

Electric Beats
Wherevr sentient beings are being mistreated
HSC
you almost certainly are not a good driver after even 2 years on p plates

good driving isnt about changing gear properly and keeping to the speed limit

its about anticipating other drivers behaviour and making sure you have escape routes and making sure you do not get stuck in a dangerous position and making sure you know how your car will handle in the event of losing traction or locking up brakes

you're all shit drivers
6 months on a bike will make you a better driver than 200 hours sitting next to your dad at 40 km/h.

Optimus Prime

Electric Beats
HSC
I wasn't saying it should be cut to 20-30 hours, I was just stating I think it does get to a certain point where it just becomes a hassle because you have to have your parents with you. I hired a driving instructer, which is damn expensive, but easy hours.
I don't even care about doing 120 hours.
It's more the idea of hours that annoy me. Like, I could drive 80km in one hour, while someone could be stuck in traffic and drive 20km in 1 hour, which hardly counts for the same amount of experience.
yes but sitting on an easy road at 80 for an hour won't teach you shit about driving in traffic with lots of other people around.

Jimmy Recard

Banned
HSC
best thing i ever did was fuck around on dirt roads and hooning around in the wet doing donuts

sure it is dumb as fuck and its lucky im alive but the same can be said for many legal activities that i participate in

and atleast now i have some sort of an idea of what happens when you lose traction and where the limits of my car are and when im getting close to them

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
best thing i ever did was fuck around on dirt roads and hooning around in the wet doing donuts

sure it is dumb as fuck and its lucky im alive but the same can be said for many legal activities that i participate in

and atleast now i have some sort of an idea of what happens when you lose traction and where the limits of my car are and when im getting close to them
I did this on my bike.

Optimus Prime

Electric Beats
HSC
Done with the FZR series, i want a fucking YZF R6
Oh no I still have ages to wait till I get my Gixxer. Gonna get a ER650C. Also I went for a ride with my mate who has an R6. He is older than me by enough that he only had to have his Ps for one year, bastard. Anyway, I'd be fanging it at like 140 giving everything and he'd just be sitting in my mirrors the whole time and then blew past me on a straight like I wasn't moving. Not fair :(

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Oh no I still have ages to wait till I get my Gixxer. Gonna get a ER650C. Also I went for a ride with my mate who has an R6. He is older than me by enough that he only had to have his Ps for one year, bastard. Anyway, I'd be fanging it at like 140 giving everything and he'd just be sitting in my mirrors the whole time and then blew past me on a straight like I wasn't moving. Not fair :(
Get him in the twisties, my FZR managed to keep up with a Hyo650.

Love 250's.

Optimus Prime

Electric Beats
HSC
Get him in the twisties, my FZR managed to keep up with a Hyo650.

Love 250's.
Hyo 650s are a joke. Unfortunately stickier and wider tires more than made up for the extra weight, except in the really tight bits. But in those bits he can accelerate back up to speed so much quicker it doesn't matter. Also it's an R6... my VTR is great, I love it, but it's just not in the same league.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I have had my L's for almost 10 months and have 85 hours. All legit (a few of them were triple time though). 120 hours seems like tonnes but it actually hasn't been as much as I thought. I'll be able to scrape up tonnes these school hols and hopefully have enough to go for my P's shortly after my 17th.

I can't believe some people feel like they are decent drivers after 20 hours. I'm getting closeish to being able to go for my P's and I'm still not super confident in my abilities. I guess you can't really tell if you're a good driver till you drive independently though. And I always worry about when I have to drive in a capital city, it'll be so busy!

Optimus Prime

Electric Beats
HSC
I did about 30 hours legit (back when 50 was required), but like heaps and heaps of 20 minute drives that I never wrote down. When you first drive without someone it feels so weird, and I swear you feel like you have forgotten everything. I reckon the years on your Ps are much "learning" to drive than with your parents. That is learning how to pass the test, that's all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)