Girls Please Answer This. (1 Viewer)

synthesized

HSC
N/A
being metro has nothing to do with the amount of time/money you spend on your look. metro is a style and a fad that is carried by unfortunately far too many stores. you can spend a ridiculous amount of $$ on clothes, shoes, hair, cologne, cleansers, etc. but if you buy them from the right stores you don't look gay, you just look awesome!

hyparzero

BOS Male Prostitute
HSC
Seriously, have you seen the junk that some people wear? ie. Basketball singlets and shorts.

nwatts

HSC
katy-g said:
But when guys are totally padantic about themselves and take longer to get ready then an average girl would... that pretty much indicates their a dickhead.
Bahaha that's brilliant.

I find this funny. If women chose to spend less time making themselves up it'd be praised as a forward step in gender equality. When a guys decide that they like to actively take care of their appearance, they're fags, or instantly judged as arrogant. And then outwardly gay blokes are praised for their fine sense of style by the vast majority of women.

2 + 2 = 5

the hsc sucks

HSC
aussiesurfer said:
Ok... I have a question.

On these boards nearly EVERY girl here says how they dont like metrosexual males. The thing that I dont get about this is that when I do my hair with gel, and try and scrub up alright I get a lot of looks and asked out usually if I go out... BUT when I dont bother with all that and just go out without the metrosexual look, I will rarely get a girl looking at me and barely get asked out. Now why is this? What dont I understand about this whole topic?

i would think it odd if my boyfriend spent more time to get ready than i did. and im low maintenance. seriously tho, hair gel is ok, eyeliner and nail polish on guys is a massive no-no

hyparzero

BOS Male Prostitute
HSC
"the hsc sucks"'s BF: "Oh, gosh, the hsc sucks, do you think this nail polish maetches my stockings? the hsc sucks? heeellloooo??? Oh, gosh, your ignoring me again the hsc sucks? What did I dO?

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
nwatts said:
Bahaha that's brilliant.

I find this funny. If women chose to spend less time making themselves up it'd be praised as a forward step in gender equality. When a guys decide that they like to actively take care of their appearance, they're fags, or instantly judged as arrogant. And then outwardly gay blokes are praised for their fine sense of style by the vast majority of women.

2 + 2 = 5
I LOL'ed

its kind of a serious issue and i agree ... but <3 the sarcasm

i reckon all guys go through a period of metro-ness. well at least i did. wasted 10mins of my freaking morning before

dishevelled hair can look hot too though :eek:

2sense

The disorderly drunk
HSC
I heard chicks prefer cavemen over metrosexuals. Fuck hygene and fuck the spelling.

HSC
2sense said:
I heard chicks prefer cavemen over metrosexuals. Fuck hygene and fuck the spelling.
some girls like the scruffy look, notice the baghdatis vs federer tennis match. girls liked both guys, federer was very clean cut while baghdatis had the very scruffy look, and equal amount of girls went for either. probably the scruffy look perhaps reinforces an allusion to masculinity and the clean cut means the guys organised? depends on what the girls after i suppose

zeropoint

HSC
The girls will hate me for saying this but their attraction to masculanity varies in accord with the menstrual cycle, this is a fact.

Basically you can't win, just go metro :)

HSC
aussiesurfer said:
Ok... I have a question.

On these boards nearly EVERY girl here says how they dont like metrosexual males. The thing that I dont get about this is that when I do my hair with gel, and try and scrub up alright I get a lot of looks and asked out usually if I go out... BUT when I dont bother with all that and just go out without the metrosexual look, I will rarely get a girl looking at me and barely get asked out. Now why is this? What dont I understand about this whole topic?
Because we are pathetic hypocrites. The end.

tahnee88

HSC
m m m metros

there is nothing wrong with metrosexuals
its good to see guys who like to care about themeselves n have a lil pride lol even though some of the rigid looking boys are just damn sexy lol least u know all metros smell good :p

mjo

HSC
hey dont worry what the general consesus of the girls say on the boards do what you feel most comfortable with, if you get look and get asked out when your out something has to be working right??

i am sure that you are good looking and that you should just do what you feel is most comfortable.

i actually like guys that take care in their apperance just not to far it shows that you care plus they look hotter

j-e-s-1

HSC
i love the whole metrosexual thing some guys have going!! i think its good that guy knows what matches and care about there skin! one because most of the guys at my school are a bit like that!! and if it gives you more confidence then go for it!! girl are more attracted to you because your confidence then to you because of the way you look!! but dont be to cocky!! i hate that!!

mjo

HSC
who cares what anyone thinks anyway if you feel comfortable looking well groomed and kempth then i cant see why anyone is complaining, your not going to win them all anyway, but your getting looks and all so yeah i see no problem, plus guys that look good and care about themselves just show they actually have a compassionate side and i think that is appealing

rissoleux

HSC
i think metrosexual is a bit more high maintenance than just taking care of yourself. Different if you're going around complimenting girls on how "the colour of their eyeshadow is the exact same colour of the bouquet of fresh tulips you just adore" bu ti think what you're talking about is just taking care of yourself, and nothing wrong with that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)