Girls why dont you want to be housewives (1 Viewer)

Ritard_

Banned
HSC
or somethign to that effect?

imagine, having a successful rich partner who provides for you. all you have to do is clean some stuff, wash some dishes and cook and look after children. Sounds like a pretty sweet deal. extra points if u are in love with him or some shit and he isnt piss poor

yeah_boy

HSC
if he was so rich I'd hire a nanny and be a lazy housewife for sure.

Ivorytw

Middle Management
HSC
N/A
I would love to be a housewife.

Ritard_

Banned
HSC
oh yeah i didnt mean to say all women dont want to be, directed at girls who dont

what if your husband isnt heaps rich, say $80k salary

chelsea girl

everybody knows
HSC
N/A
I wouldn't want to only be a home-maker, there is too much I want to do.

Plus if I had children I would want them to be raised just as much by their father, I think that's very important to create a healthy and functioning human being.

HSC
I wouldn't want to only be a home-maker, there is too much I want to do.

Plus if I had children I would want them to be raised just as much by their father, I think that's very important to create a healthy and functioning human being.
not really

lots of people are raised by one parent, and they turn out fine

chelsea girl

everybody knows
HSC
N/A
Well I personally feel like I would've avoided making a lot of mistakes in my teenage years if my father has been more present while I was growing up. Obviously that's something that has had an impact on my views about parenting.

(not that i have anything against single parents - my mum is one and she did the best job she could, but it would've been easier on all of us if my dad had helped her more)

travelinchick07

HSC
I don't have any problem with housewives, but there are so many jobs out there and opportunities to just stay at home all my life. Plus, a father, where possible, should play an active role in raising children and housework - it's an equal relationship.

Maybe some women are just too independent.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
I stayed at home and washed dishes and did the laundry in the holidays and it was mad boring.

Plus I'll have this degree, might as well use it.

chamelia

HSC
While I am a bit of a neat freak and enjoy rather homely activities such as decorating and baking I would not want to claim that was all I spent my lifetime achieving. I'd much rather untie the apron strings, leave the front door in my power suit and stacked heels and feeling independent. Need to clim the career ladder, gain financial rewards and explore the outside world to feel as if I am accomplishing anything of worth.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
yeah housekeeping gets really boring really quickly when that's all you do

you need a job and hobbies and shit to stay feeling alive IMO

Like I don't get my mum. She's been a stay at home housewife for like the past 15 years and she doesn't seem to mind. I'd have gone round the bend several times by now :confused: but hey different people want different things.

chelsea girl

everybody knows
HSC
N/A
Also, I would feel very uncomfortable living off my partner's money forever.

I am even weird about people buying me presents :p

If anything, I would prefer being the sole provider.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
For me, I understand staying at home and raising kids for a while. But eventually I'd have to stop having my life revolve around other people and do something for myself.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Well I definitely plan on having kids and staying at home with them for the first few years. Maybe I'll develop something resembling a maternal instinct and want to do it forever, but I daresay I'll want to go back to work at least part time ASAP after that

Sadiah

HSC
I'm the kinda girl to whom family means a lottttttt.

Like, I'd want a balance in my social life, my personal life and my family life.

Like if I work, I'd make sure I don't neglect my family life or my personal life, etc.

rokkuguhyo

HSC
I don't want to be a housewife because I don't plan on getting married. It'll probably end in divorce anyway, so there's no point.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)