Girraween High school entry exam (1 Viewer)

Dananj

HSC
So I will be doing the year 11 exam to get a place in Girraween high school as they open up a class of 20 people in year 11.
I need advice on the test.
Like what type of questions will be in the maths test (more maths based or science based)
What is the easiest piece to write in 25mins (and I am desperate for ideas for a story)
Please help
thank you

WildestDreams

HSC
I felt like it was more science based that maths based. It had all this weird physics stuff in it too.
For the writing task you do not need to write a creative - I suggest you write something you are good at writing at. So if you feel like you are better at improvising an essay then go ahead and do that. A lot of people assume you have to write a creative.

Dananj

HSC
I felt like it was more science based that maths based. It had all this weird physics stuff in it too.
For the writing task you do not need to write a creative - I suggest you write something you are good at writing at. So if you feel like you are better at improvising an essay then go ahead and do that. A lot of people assume you have to write a creative.
what did they make you write when you did it ? some other people told me they had to do a persuasive

WildestDreams

HSC
what did they make you write when you did it ? some other people told me they had to do a persuasive
I think the stimulus for us was how adolescents are expected to do so much more than they can. There's so much pressure on them...things like that.

nesco49

HSC
did you get in? what were your results if you dont mind me asking. I tried out this year and got reserve no. 3 and I was wondering too if i had a chance

Cena123

HSC
N/A
pretty sure you're gonna get in. (as per my friend who got reserve 10 and got in last year)

nesco49

HSC
pretty sure you're gonna get in. (as per my friend who got reserve 10 and got in last year)
omg yassssss I'm so excited!! but when did they notify him/her that they got in?

nesco49

HSC
Its okay yall i got notified the other day and my interview thingo is next wednesday thank yall

192pages

HSC
What kinda physics questions were there?, (what concepts)...please I really want to get into Girra.

nesco49

HSC
What kinda physics questions were there?, (what concepts)...please I really want to get into Girra.
The science questions don't require you to study for it, it's pretty much giving you a situation and answering from there. Plus when I took the test last year, it was more math based. Try buying the practice papers from the government website and completing it under a time limit. If you do really well in the HAST, you're bound to get in. This year they accepted the top 40* (they called in a 17th reserve because they always had to have 140 students and some peeps left for like ruse and baulko, or went back to their old school because they didn't give girra a chance). It really is an amazing school. I fell in love with it haha.

DJYeetz

HSC
How many students got in that year? Plus can we choose between creative and persuasive writting or do they give only one option?

ahri

HSC
That year, 26 students got in (20 for new class in year 11, 5 to Baulko and 1 to Ruse).

From memory these are the numbers of people (for the numbers that people were accepted for the next year):
Year 7 ~5
Year 8 ~12 (Baulko opens new class)
Year 9 ~7
Year 10~ 26

Year 11 entries are close since they don't accept new students after that.

DJYeetz

HSC
How many reserves were there in total if you remembered?
Plus do the reserves only get in depending on the people leaving the school and not the new class.

yoyorulz

HSC
Results have just came out and being reserve 7 does anyone know the chances of making it in and how many reserves they accepted last year

yoyorulz

HSC
Its for my sister and she is at Hurlstone agricultural High School

192pages

HSC
your current school honestly does not matter, I made it in for next year and my current school is rank 400+,
so yeh, everyone has a chance...! :))

idk what to do honestly, should I start going tutoring and studying hardcore to match girra's level???
I havent done the interview, but from what ive heard everyone usually gets it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)