Giving away stuff (1 Viewer)

Kaido

be.
HSC
After the HSC, I'm going to be giving away all my textbooks and online resources etc. to MY SCHOOL for FREE
BUT, I'm not sure whether to give the textbooks directly to the students or to just donate it to the library (which I feel is a waste, as people don't appreciate the books there)

If I do give it to the students, how should I do so? (In a way that is FAIR - since there are greedy trolls that will probably fk around and take a whole bunch of books)
Also concerned as some of them may just sell it lol

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
After the HSC, I'm going to be giving away all my textbooks and online resources etc. to MY SCHOOL for FREE
BUT, I'm not sure whether to give the textbooks directly to the students or to just donate it to the library (which I feel is a waste, as people don't appreciate the books there)

If I do give it to the students, how should I do so? (In a way that is FAIR - since there are greedy trolls that will probably fk around and take a whole bunch of books)

Maybe ask some of your teachers about who you'd think would appreciate the textbooks more?

happyhunter

HSC

Going to go with what BLIT2014 said and talk to your teachers. I am sure they can find some students who cannot afford such textbooks and would use them efficiently.

keepLooking

HSC
Judging from your other thread, it seems any little amount of money could help you right now. Just sell the textbooks (perhaps for a discounted price) to those who need it.

trapizi

╰(゜Д゜)╯
HSC

Do you have past papers? I need them for my barbecue party.

iforgotmyname

Metallic Oxide
HSC
It's not always about the money bro.
I know lol, what is the point of giving away the textbooks tho, because teachers are most likely to have a physics copy. But for Online resources you should give a good teacher cause they will actually use it.

Fiction

HSC

I would just give it to the library tbh. If you're worried about people not using the library resources; those students who are likely to use the books you give them are probably more likely to look into the library for any resources they can use. Similarly, students who might sell your textbooks are probably not that prone to look for library resources.

Plus you have the additional warm, fuzzy feeling knowing that your textbooks will be used for at least, more than a year, unless your school's rich and regularly replaces their HSC resources.

tldr, the library can be seen as a discriminator between students who would use your textbooks or sell it.

Drsoccerball

HSC

You're giving out of your own free will the notion of "fair" doesn't come into play when you're offering something for free. Im sure you can give it to the new year 12's who can't afford textbooks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)