• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Giving up Facebook for Year 12 (1 Viewer)

13endo

2011 HSC Survivor
HSC
Personally I didn't bother deactivating Facebook until the exam period, but I've never been one to check it every 5 minutes anyway...

OH1995

HSC
You can still get great marks with facebook. You just need to put in the time when it matters. If your on facebook the night before an assessment or exam wasting time there is something wrong, but if you use it as a reward for finishing a set of study notes or a past paper it could be beneficial. Btw, I know 3 people at my school who got 99.95 in the same year......They all had facebook and went to parties throughout the year!!

such_such

HSC
Not sure about your friends, but some of my friends ask questions and discuss assessments on Facebook and it's really useful.

ClassOf2013

HSC
I'm not going to be one of those people who studies 24/7 for a year. I just can't do that, i'll lose motivation and give up. I'm not giving up Facebook, not giving up video games, not giving up my job and not giving up extra curricular activities. From what i've heard from former students it's all about balance. Obviously if you're on Facebook 24/7 or working 20+ hours a week you're probably not going to do as well, but if it's in moderation then I don't see a problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)