Global warming occuring faster than predicted (1 Viewer)

zstar

HSC
N/A
Oh no global warming what we gonna do!!!!

We're doomed I tell you!!!!

impervious182

HSC
Holy crap!

Everybody, I've been measuring sea levels over the past 3 days. I would like to report that the sea level is rising.

Don't believe scientific data refuting this. We are doomed! Trefoil can verify what I have said.

My equipment was very accurate as well (the ruler goes to mm)... erm... yeah.

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
i would only care about global warming if i would be directly some how saving some money

impervious182

HSC
bigboyjames said:
i would only care about global warming if i would be directly some how saving some money
Major in climate science, or make a documentary.... oh oh OH!!! You could call it, 'an inconvenient truth.'

boris

Banned
HSC
we can do that with our farms. buy acres of fucking arid shit land covered in wattle and ironbarks that cant be used for anything else and you can offset your carbons dudes.

impervious182

HSC
boris said:
we can do that with our farms. buy acres of fucking arid shit land covered in wattle and ironbarks that cant be used for anything else and you can offset your carbons dudes.
Good idea boris!

*whispers to John Oliver: 'what's he talking about?'*

boris

Banned
HSC
John Oliver said:
Start a website and then sell "Carbon Hugs" and then take photos of the same sapling and email it to everyone who buys a carbon hug. Keep the money, buy a floating palace, live forever.
That is basically what carbon trading amounts to

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
zstar said:
Climate Scientists say 2008 is coolest year

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2008/dec/05/climate-change-weather

I guess I haven't emitted enough CO2
Did you actually read the article?

Not to mention CO2 ppm in atmosphere, and ice sheet melting this year is the highest on record. You'd have to be alexdores to interpret that as evidence global warming doesn't exist, especially considering the great big graph sitting at the top of that page.

impervious182

HSC
Trefoil said:
Did you actually read the article?

Not to mention CO2 ppm in atmosphere, and ice sheet melting this year is the highest on record.
Read the bold above, from your post, which would contradict your argument.

If the world is cooling and CO2 is rising, then the link between warming and CO2 is incorrect. By your own admission, both of these are occuring... so basically you've accepted that your theory, shouldn't even be one... yet still you support it? Sounds a bit irrational to me.

Though I'd like to know your source for the claim that ice sheet melting is highest on record this year.

Trefoil said:
You'd have to be alexdores to interpret that as evidence global warming doesn't exist, especially considering the great big graph sitting at the top of that page.
The graph at the top of the page shows only 40 years of the earth's 4.5 billion year history. The earth's temperature fluctuates and so it's just ridiculous to take that tiny little snippet to prove that global warming exists.

Trefoil, your so ignorant that it's sad.

(By the way, I'm flattered that you've taken the time to contribute to two threads on me.)

Last edited:

impervious182

HSC
badquinton304 said:
No you have emmitted more than enough. It just so happens to be a la nina year.
Quick, somebody tell the farmers suffering from severe drought!

HSC
Trefoil said:
Basically, the ice is melting too fast: http://www.physorg.com/news147232247.html

Meanwhile, Rudd creates a multi-million dollar joint Australian-Indonesian disaster relief centre to preempt the coming storm: http://www.theage.com.au/national/rudd-pledges-67m-for-indonesia-disaster-centre-20081123-6eq5.html

Another study finds that less than a 2 degree temperature increase could trigger run-away ice sheet meltdown: http://www.physorg.com/news147001400.html
WRONG WRONG WHY!!!! Stupid world anti idiots! Global warming isn't real! It made of freshed money for the media and screwed up governments. RIP Global warming theory.:angry::bat:

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
alexdore993 said:
If the world is cooling
The world isn't cooling. Read the link and use your brain. Notice the seasonal variation in temperature levels (both up and down), yet the long-term trend upwards?

If you think that global temperature will increase every single year without fail that's probably the biggest clue yet that you just fundamentally don't understand climatology.

As a rough example, I suggest you take a look at the graph of y=x+sin(x).

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
NorthRiversMatt said:
WRONG WRONG WHY!!!! Stupid world anti idiots! Global warming isn't real! It made of freshed money for the media and screwed up governments. RIP Global warming theory.:angry::bat:
Tell us more. Do you think it's a secret government ploy to turn girls into walking vaginas?

impervious182

HSC
Trefoil said:
The world isn't cooling. Read the link and use your brain. Notice the seasonal variation in temperature levels (both up and down), yet the long-term trend upwards?

If you think that global temperature will increase every single year without fail that's probably the biggest clue yet that you just fundamentally don't understand climatology.

As a rough example, I suggest you take a look at the graph of y=x+sin(x).
Did you read what I posted?

The graph shows around 160 years. The earth's climate undergoes fluctuation over time; it is 5.4 billion years old. So 160 years is hardly definitive proof that the world is undergoing global warming Trefoil.

What's more, the world hasn't warmed since 1998.

NO, Trefoil you're wrong. The climate fluctuates, there you are correct. However the anthropogenic climate change theory is this, you have already outlined it as this too, I might add:

As the amount of greenhouse gases (carbon dioxide, carbon monoxide, water vapour) increases, as too does the atmosphere's ability to retain heat and therefore a global net temperature rise occurs.

By your own admission, CO2 has risen since 1998, yet somehow the temperature has fallen. That there, my friend, is proof that your theory shouldn't even be one. I might also add, that the troposphere has not warmed either, but cooled, more clear evidence that global warming is not occuring.

Sinx = y is a good graph to use actually. You'll see that as x increases y undergoes cycles... e.g. up until it reaches a point (1) then down until it reaches the same negative value of that point (-1). Just like the earth's climate fluctuates, so too does the y value of the sinx graph when x increases. You've again, proven my argument. Thank you.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)