Globalisation essay help (1 Viewer)

murthyakshtih

HSC
hey guys i need to write a globalisation essay i was just wondering how do i structure it , what key things i need to include when i write it and so forth, i am not given given the question pre-hand so therefore this is just to get some general practise on how to approach it, and also how long in length do you recommend it should be roughly i believe i must write it within 50 minutes. Thanks in advance to everyone that answers

Phaze

Pleb.
HSC
Is it a case study? Where you write about the effects of globalisation on a country?

Phaze

Pleb.
HSC
The key things you'd want to include would be: Economic Reforms, Economic Growth, Economic Development, Quality of Life, Income Distribution, Environmental Sustainability and Future Challenges and Possibilities.

It's a lot but they're all key points to consider, although you wont be expected to write about all of them perfectly it is worth at least dipping into it. In terms of structure you want to set it out in a way that each point has a smooth transition to the other and has a relation to the points you mention beforehand. The length would need to be at least 1000 words if you're given 50 minutes.

If you need any more help just PM me. :)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

murthyakshtih

HSC
The key things you'd want to include would be: Economic Reforms, Economic Growth, Economic Development, Quality of Life, Income Distribution, Environmental Sustainability and Future Challenges and Possibilities.

It's a lot but they're all key points to consider, although you wont be expected to write about all of them perfectly it is worth at least dipping into it. In terms of structure you want to set it out in a way that each point has a smooth transition to the other and has a relation to the points you mention beforehand. The length would need to be at least 1000 words if you're given 50 minutes.

If you need any more help just PM me. :)

Thanks mate greatly appreciate it in your opinion which is the better country to do ?

Phaze

Pleb.
HSC
Thanks mate greatly appreciate it in your opinion which is the better country to do ?
I used China for my Case Study simply because there is HEAAAAPS of information out there, all economics textbooks have a case study in there so I guess go with the one your textbook has?

murthyakshtih

HSC
I used China for my Case Study simply because there is HEAAAAPS of information out there, all economics textbooks have a case study in there so I guess go with the one your textbook has?
I thought of doing china but the main reason i don't want to do china is because i know a lot of people will be doing it and therefore i will be in direct competition in ranks with them then if i do another country well do you still reckon china is worth it my only worry is due to this assessment being worth 30% ?

Phaze

Pleb.
HSC
Don't think it should matter how many people do it because you're still ranked amongst them, itll be the degree to which you present your economic knowledge and understanding as well as how well you write the essay. China is good in my opinion because its quite interesting and its a very modern example. Ideally doesn't matter what country you do as long as you do it well and there are good stats and depth.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
I'd still go with China however you could chose to look at India as another economic country as it also has lots of information out there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)