Goals??? (1 Viewer)

bored of sc

HSC
What are your goals as far as marks and ranks go for each subject?

bored of sc

HSC
Religion - 95% - Top 3

English - 80% - Top 10

Mathematics - 95% - Top 1

Extension Maths - 80% - Top 3

Chemistry - 80% - Top 3

Music - 90% - Top 1

PDHPE - 90% - Top 1

Haha, looks like alot of work for me :(

Last edited:

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
My goals are to come

1st in 3u Math
1st in 4u Math
1st in Physics
1st in Chemisty

and to get

>90 in Adv English

I missed out on 1st place in 3u Math, so i'm 2nd now. Just one mark off first place!!

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
This is ambitious! :eek:

Ranked last year:
Mathematics - 97% (2nd in Preliminary last year :mad: )
Mathematics Extension 1 - 92% (2nd in Preliminary last year :mad: :mad: )

Want to be ranked this year:
Studies of Religion - 100% (1st)
Chemistry - 94% (2nd)
Biology - 96% (1st)
Business Studies - 98% (1st)
English - no goal yet

For Mathematics and Mathematics Extension, coming first in the course is as hard as getting a UAI of 100. The top student is an absolute genius. Never lost a mark in exams. For Chemistry, same story. Biology and Business Studies are exceptions because that guy is not doing those subjects. Studies of Religion, does he care? No. I virtually came first in all subjects that he did not do. It sound pathetic, right? My ultimate goal is to beat him in Mathematics and Mathematics Extension 1. Beating him in Chemistry would be good too!

Last edited:

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
You guys are a tad ambitious. ;)

I'll be happy with Top 20 in English, Top 10 in Physics, Chemistry, and Legal Studies, and Top 5 in Maths.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Aerath said:

I'll be happy with Top 20 in English, Top 10 in Physics, Chemistry, and Legal Studies, and Top 5 in Maths.
VERY AMBITIOUS. However, think about it.

You are in the Selective High School where half of students get UAI over 95. I am in the Private High School where 20% of students get UAI over 95. Do you see what I mean? :cool:

Coming first at my school is much easier than coming first at your school. :uhhuh:

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Aplus said:
Top 5 in everything.
Aerath? Do you know what I mean by looking at the above quote?

Coming top 5 in Selective High School probably means coming first at my school or close to (except Mathematics, Mathematics Extension 1, Chemistry and Physics).

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Yeah, I know what you mean. It's just a little unsettling seeing everyone wanting to come first, and then, me, wanting to come twentieth.

lisarh

HSC
lyounamu said:
Want to be ranked this year:
Studies of Religion - 100% (1st)
Hey, you seem very confident in the subject SOR. I'm kind of struggling due to my teacher who talks too much about other things unrelated to the topic at all, consequently I do not learn anything.

I have this 'Connection of the Dreaming, the Land and Identity for Aboriginal peoples in Australia' assignment.

Any useful notes? :)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Aerath said:
Yeah, I know what you mean. It's just a little unsettling seeing everyone wanting to come first, and then, me, wanting to come twentieth.
Attending Selective High School is certainly depressing for some people. Intelligent people tend to lower themselves in there.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
lisarh said:
Hey, you seem very confident in the subject SOR. I'm kind of struggling due to my teacher who talks too much about other things unrelated to the topic at all, consequently I do not learn anything.

I have this 'Connection of the Dreaming, the Land and Identity for Aboriginal peoples in Australia' assignment.

Any useful notes? :)
Studies of Religion was always my best subject in terms of results throughout my school life (year 7 to year 10). Always between 95 - 100% because it is easy.

I do have notes on that topic but I will need to type first to send you that one since I lost the file in my computer. And I am not even sure whether you will like it or not. Why not go to http://www.boredofstudies.org/view.php?course=27? And go to EDIT key and click "Find on this page" and type "Dreaming".

You will probably be able to find large info on that topic. (I did not use it so I don't really know).

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
Aerath said:

If i had those ranks in my school, i'll have a UAI <96. My school is pretty stupid, and cause i'm so smart, i'll be able to come 1st in a few subjects i imagine. Theres a weird chinese girl in math, i swear she studies 3-6 hrs a day for math. i study like 15min a day for math. And if i can beat her, then i'll be first! The only problem is avoiding stuff like 2x3=5 in my calculations. It's disapointing to realise you've lost a mark because you were careless, and even more disappointing to discover that one mark was the difference between 1st and 2nd!!

4u math should be easy to top, without a doubt. Nobody in my school has the brains to understand that i= (-1)^1/2.

lisarh

HSC
Oh okay, dw about typing it, I think I'll search the resources, thanks.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
OK, and because I don't understand what the hell i is - I have no brains?

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
You people do studies of religeon, that means you go to maybe... a catholic school? I've heard that catholic schools don't believe in scaling, and that they don't scale you up, where as normal schools scale the no.1 person to full marks. So, doesn't that mean you're disadvantaged if you go to a catholic school?

and does SOR have to count towards your UAI?

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
Aerath said:
OK, and because I don't understand what the hell i is - I have no brains?
no. i was just making the point that nobody in my school was going to get good marks in 4u math. Except for me. because i'm smarter than they are.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
foram said:
4u math should be easy to top, without a doubt. Nobody in my school has the brains to understand that i= (-1)^1/2.
That's pretty smart that you know 4 Unit material when you are only in Extension 1 Mathematics Preliminary. You don't have to know that yet and most people in Preliminary do not know that yet since they did not learn it.

You should not be up yourself since there will be always people who are better than you, not just at your school but at other schools. I am aware of the fact that you are intelligent, seeing that your school is Selective. However, what I want to see is your RESULT not your PRIDE of being the most intelligent kid in your year.

I am not proud of the fact that I am accelerated and already know more than you since I am aware that there are always people out there looking DOWN on me like little kids solving 1+1=2.

You should always be aware of the difficulty involved in 4 Unit Mathematics. No one except one person in 4 Unit HISTORY got perfect 100% in HSC. That indicates how difficult it is. If you think you can achieve that feat, I praise you.

Last edited:

lisarh

HSC
foram said:
You people do studies of religeon, that means you go to maybe... a catholic school? I've heard that catholic schools don't believe in scaling, and that they don't scale you up, where as normal schools scale the no.1 person to full marks. So, doesn't that mean you're disadvantaged if you go to a catholic school?

:O Of course not, going to a catholic school doesn't make you disadvantaged. Although I reckon making it compulsory is a watse of time if you're not really putting any effort into it or interested in it. I would rather have a study period instead of doing SOR but, oh well.

Scaling in the HSC or what?

And SOR doesnt have to be counted towards my UAI, as long as I have other 10 units.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
foram said:

I don't know what you mean. I am not disavantaged as long as there are students in my year who can get UAI over 99. (And we do have about 4> people getting that).

SOR can count towards if it is within top 10 units and I don't think it will be my top 10 since it holds low scaling. Even if I get 100% in will drop to 90%. So I am not sure

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)