Going behind your parents' backs (1 Viewer)

Cykologi_gal

Psyche...
HSC
Who is doing that here? i.e. with dating, etc.

If your parents have disciplined you all your life, do you find it hard to breakaway? Do you try live your life to the full? I find that ppl don't really understand my situation - my parents are the "good grades & keep them up ---> you can go out" type, esp. dad, ugh!

What do you do, to try to claim your life back?

Last edited:

Nakashima

We GLAMOROUS
HSC
Nuh.

I feel too guilty and it's too stressful, not to mention inconvenient.

So yeah. Me and my parents had a year-long fight over dating in year 11 when I got with my bf. Now they know everything (like, EVERYTHING including the fact that I had sex and all that) and are fine with everything when it became apparent that I didn't totally fuck up the HSC even though I had a bf. In fact, out of my friends, the single ones ended up with lower UAIs. Go figure.

So I'd really <3 life if I wasn't fucked over by week-13 assignments and exams right now.

But on topic, that giant fight was totally worth it because I honestly haven't lied to my parents for about 2 years now.

Cykologi_gal

Psyche...
HSC
Yeah, with my first b.f. mum was pretty cool and gave advice and everything...but now she's like, study or else in a way, even though I'm at uni. I'm really pro-choice, I guess all the problems stem from kids having no choice.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
I try to keep things a secret from my parents for as long as possible, not because they would care at all, just because they would annoy me about it.

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
Depends on the guy obviously. My first b/f, parents have NO IDEA, no idea then and no idea now. My current b/f, my parents are absolutely fine with it, probably because our families have been friends from way back when, and we grew up together so my parents know him very well so yeah, happy as can be for all I think. :)

But like I said, it would depend on the guy. Because I'd imagine parents would get super-annoying/angry if they didn't like who you were dating/coupling with whatever.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
i've tried keeping things secret before, but that doesnt last long at all. mum's never really said much bad about my bf's, other than the general "yeah, that was pretty bad" after the event...i dont think dad's really cared that much

*hopeful*

HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
I try to keep things a secret from my parents for as long as possible, not because they would care at all, just because they would annoy me about it.
Yeh same.....not most things just some

SirLukeyG

HSC
Alternatively you could invite your parents to watch if they don't trust you? Surely they cannot be that strict.

Tell them to get a life. :D

emma_f

or M
HSC
my parents and i talked about limiting my boy and i getting together during the week and such, like only meeting on weekends. that didnt last long. they didnt follow through with their 'rules' either, not surprisingly; they arent ones to follow things through. hes helping me get through this year anyway, as well as help with school work, and keeps me motivated. a lot of my friends wont get anything started this year, for the sake of keeping emotionally detatched/sane/focused, but i cant see how i would break things off with sim, hes my rock. some of my friends think im too dependant and limiting my opportunities to do things next year, but why would you want to leave the love of your life, even for a gap year.

purplepixie

HSC
Used to when I was younger I guess.
Not so much an issue now that I'm 18, I'm an adult and they have to accept that.
Its only really an issue when I stay at his house for the night so I just lie in that case.

dieburndie

Eat, Sleep, Repeat
HSC
To really make the most out of having sex with your parents you have to go missionary. Otherwise the incestuous link is seriously shallow.

Last edited:

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
Yeah I've kept it quiet so far but just because they get so invloved. One day i will tell them just not today

Cykologi_gal

Psyche...
HSC
Hmmm...well, I'm not as fortunate as any of you actually, on the parents' front at least. They never talk about dating, sex etc, except to emphasize their 'bad' points to me. They think that dating brings your grades down, no matter how supportive your partner is... blah blah...I'm taking different approaches to them in almost everything lol.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
not really any of their business, ive never gone behind my parents back, but neither do i ever fully disclose. If i dont want to reveal something i dont lie about it, i just tell them they are out of line. Seriously they are lucky if they even know iam involved with someone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)