Going out by yourself (1 Viewer)

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
Kind of different if you know the master as a friend and partake in chinese rituals during the course of a gathering.

Also, different if you partake in Samoan and Maori Hangi's and rituals.

I have more examples, and I do these things whithin Australia.

Zeroes

HSC
I shop by myself a lot. When I shop with friends it's usual just as a social thing, I don't end up buying much stuff. Most other stuff I do with friends but I wouldn't mind doing it alone.

And I'm with AusBluesMan, I know a lot of people that visit other countries and don't seem to make any effort to learn anything while they're there.
But first hand experience and making an effort to learn is probably the best thing. Unfortunately I can't speak from experience since I've never been out of Australia, but I would love to when I get the opportunity.

Crestwood's_G

In Elegance
HSC
Who likes doing this? :D I've gone out to the movies, shopping (in the extremely rare instance I'm in the mood, that is), eating by myself (but only lunches, and usually while shopping). I've also gone to a concert by myself and contemplating attending another--guess what, flying solo too. Also went out on a day trip alone when I was in Perth.

What activities have you guys done by yourself, and what did you think of the experience?
of course...dont need someone to hold my hand...altho im a bit of a loner tho

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
well it was my fault (I bumped someone in a carpark) and it's not my car, so I guess it's only fair to have to pay for it.

lala2

Banned
HSC
wow how did you start uni at age 16?
I attended a British international school overseas which changed their academic year from Jan to June, as most of their Year 12s ended up going to the UK for uni. I had the option of staying half a year in Year 6 or 1.5 years. Obviously I chose the half year, making me one year younger. Then, as I'm sure you're aware, the British system has 13 years so when I came here I transferred straight across, making me 2 years younger. No hectic skipping of years or anything like that.

lottsa moneyyzz
Nup. Even if my parents thought it was a good idea to pay for my degree I would've refused.

he's like the super kid in colombia or something and that guy was like 9 or some shizzzz.
I'm a she :) and lol I wish I was that smart :rolleyes:

well it was my fault (I bumped someone in a carpark) and it's not my car, so I guess it's only fair to have to pay for it.
+1. Age excesses are so ridiculous. I wish it were practical for me to get my red Ps when I'm 20 and not drive till I'm 25 (hence getting top NCB rating and avoiding age excess issue).

HSC
I like going to the art gallery, watching movies and shopping by myself.

None of my friends are that into art or the kind of films that I like. I go shopping with friends when I just want to roam aimlessly and laugh at stuff. I go shopping alone when I'm planning to buy.

I also don't mind eating by myself. I listen to other people's convo.

philphie

Banned
HSC
I like going to the art gallery, watching movies and shopping by myself.

None of my friends are that into art or the kind of films that I like. I go shopping with friends when I just want to roam aimlessly and laugh at stuff. I go shopping alone when I'm planning to buy.

I also don't mind eating by myself. I listen to other people's convo.

i'll be your art buddy?

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
At the Art Gallery..what do you do? Just look at exhibits? How long do you spend on each exhibit? Do you analyse each painting like the way Art teachers do? "You see, Blue Poles is an expression of Pollock's inner soul thriving in an environment where only an introvert can thrive."

Student: "Bullshit. It's a guy being bored with a paintbrush."

philphie

Banned
HSC
At the Art Gallery..what do you do? Just look at exhibits? How long do you spend on each exhibit? Do you analyse each painting like the way Art teachers do? "You see, Blue Poles is an expression of Pollock's inner soul thriving in an environment where only an introvert can thrive."

Student: "Bullshit. It's a guy being bored with a paintbrush."
lol if i'm in the city alone and get tired, i stop by the state gallery and get on the sofa and sleep. art gives me good dreams. and i'm never kicked out for loitering. plus sometimes i think "yeah i could so steal that" and other times i drop by to take photos of girls looking at paintings then eventually try to pick them up and fail baha

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
lol if i'm in the city alone and get tired, i stop by the state gallery and get on the sofa and sleep. art gives me good dreams. and i'm never kicked out for loitering. plus sometimes i think "yeah i could so steal that" and other times i drop by to take photos of girls looking at paintings then eventually try to pick them up and fail baha
You don't sound anything like the stereotypical asian. ;)

debts

HSC
N/A
i usually get haircuts by myself...?

otherwise i go to see plays and art galleries myself too - esoteric cultural things i tend to just do by myself.

philphie

Banned
HSC
i usually get haircuts by myself...?

otherwise i go to see plays and art galleries myself too - esoteric cultural things i tend to just do by myself.
what guy gets a haircut with friends anyway?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)