going out with childhood friends? (1 Viewer)

Blay

the TwinBlade
would it be safe to say that we're all from SYDNEY
HSC
has anyone gone out with a childhood friend before? i know this sounds alot like stuff that only happens in jap animes and movies but yeh... has it happened to any of your people? and what are your thoughts on such a concept?

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
No I havent, but whats the big deal? They are no different to any other friend. As long as you're happy, its all good! :)

jennylim

HSC
haha...yes i have as a matter of fact. my bf was more like a family friend...and we've known each other since the age of 9. so it does happen! lol

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
You shouldnt go out with friends, especially people who have been your friend for ages.

Alimoe_KG

HSC
the girl usually values friendship more so they probably won't make a move. But then again, if you were friends for so long, it's logic that you're suitable for one another, so i don't see why you can't go out with them =/

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
Airness said:
the girl usually values friendship more so they probably won't make a move. But then again, if you were friends for so long, it's logic that you're suitable for one another, so i don't see why you can't go out with them =/
well not if you've developed a brother-sister relationship. :confused:

Alimoe_KG

HSC
Dreamerish*~ said:
well not if you've developed a brother-sister relationship. :confused:
Well obviously if you hate each other and competing for affection and all those other things bro/sis do, then you won't last long in a relationship :D

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
knowing a person log enough, you know what you hate about them. a girl can fall in love with a random guy for a week, because she has not got as many issues to hate abou the guy that she has just fallen in love with.

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
my first boyfriend was a guy i've known since before i could walk... though the breakup was pretty bad (as was the aftermath), i don't regret it at all and we're good friends again now :p

Alimoe_KG

HSC
bubz :D said:
my first boyfriend was a guy i've known since before i could walk... though the breakup was pretty bad (as was the aftermath), i don't regret it at all and we're good friends again now :p
Before you could walk? HAHA that's some pretty early roots for a relationship =) Your parents must have been involved in all that aftermath turmoil too then?

jellybeenz

HSC
Changed how I think about that person now. Has tainted my otherwise happy memories of childhood. Yeah I don't think its wise. If I could unmake that decision I would.

INXS

King For A Day
HSC
Yeah if it's a really special friendship, sometimes she might feel its too risky to make a move, even the guy might too, because it could cause a problem in the friendship somehow. Loosing the friendship is the worst thing, and you can't risk loosing a friendship. Basically, you care to much about your friendship.

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
Hmm.. its interesting all the "girls dont go out with friends" replies, because I have only ever gone out with friends, and good friends at that. Its much more intimate I find.. plus, I've never been drawn to the whole 'player' appeal of picking up. I'd much rather get to know a person properly and honestly rather than in the context of him wanting to get into my pants (to begin with...soon I want them in my pants ;))

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
Asquithian said:
Just what is it with some girls that are close with many guys but totally reject them and then fall in love (within say a week) with some random? Like some grunting, prehistoric engineer.
!
uh oh sounds like Asqui has been gucked. some pain from your past you would like to reveal?

its true though, girls do this al lthe time, iam sure some girls go out with their friends, just the ones that do, iam not friends with, or if iam friends with them, they go out with friends, just not the "special" type of friend that i am

[ which usually ends up being a friendship so "special" that after they reject me with that lame line i tell them where they can shove their "specialness", flip them the bird,,, abd just fuck right off, never to speak to them again]

RingerINC

BBoy OG Loc Gangsta
HSC
Serius said:
uh oh sounds like Asqui has been gucked. some pain from your past you would like to reveal?

its true though, girls do this al lthe time, iam sure some girls go out with their friends, just the ones that do, iam not friends with, or if iam friends with them, they go out with friends, just not the "special" type of friend that i am

[ which usually ends up being a friendship so "special" that after they reject me with that lame line i tell them where they can shove their "specialness", flip them the bird,,, abd just fuck right off, never to speak to them again]
Your poor typing skills make for a good argument :uhhuh:.

Blay

the TwinBlade
would it be safe to say that we're all from SYDNEY
HSC
hmmm but like... i haven't seen my childhood friend in... 6 years?! LOL does that mean that she's just a friend again?

I derno... to me, it seems kinda strange whenever i look at my year 5 foto... i look at me, the shortest little retard in the class, with a bad hair cut, and then i look at her all normal in the school uniform and then i look back at myself and think... "man... did i even see this coming 6 years ago?... nahh..."

and in response to those who rant on and on and on about the "girl's i've gotten to know but leave me for some fucking random guy"... let me just say, i totally, whole-heartedly, 150% agree with you. I had that happen to me =___+ and i felt so fucked up. I really gotta learn how to pick out those kinda girls from the real ones *sigh* would i be right if i said that those girls that go for randoms make up... 80% of the girl population?

PS: girls... no offense but... it really does suck for us. because way i see it, you go out with a random guy who you end up knowing as well as your friend and then you and the random guy don't work out. it really makes me wonder... did you really care about the friendship? or was it just for the thrill of the fling? o_O.. i sense hypocrisy........ but yeh.. then again that's just my view

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)