Going overseas at the start of year 11 (1 Viewer)

Baby_Doll29

HSC
I'll be missing 7 school days at the start of the year due to me going overseas.
Is this a bad idea? I can't change or cancel my tickets now but will I be able to cope up wen I come back to school?

crowley926

HSC
You'll be fine. You'll miss information but they'll be the intro to subjects/first topics and are usually the easier stuff/lighter workload so you just have to do a bit of catching up when you come back.

Don't worry, it will be manageable and in any case it's Year 11 - it doesn't count ;). Just find buddies in every class you have and ask them to save all the notes for you and take all the sheets for you so you can easily get everything when you come back.

diladial

gone ghost
HSC
I finished the HSC just fine and I missed out the first week of year 11 too for the same reason. You'll be fine! :)

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I think in the first week you don't learn much, most of it is just orientation into the new term, I think it will be fine:)

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
Trust me, you wont miss anything. I went fiji for the first week of year 11 and thought i was done for and fully brought along all my textbooks (what a waste of space)
I now realise that year 11 means jackshit and i should've enjoyed myself.
Moral: dont worry and enjoy yourself

the_matrix

HSC
Usually the first week is just extensive Y10 revision, nothing much at all. If you go to my school, well when you come back there'll be a whole load of administration stuff that'll give you a hugeee headache but that's all HAHA

Enjoy your vacation! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)