Going to the movies by yourself (1 Viewer)

teabag

do it
HSC
dats the way, honestly i prefer to do shopping/movies by myself. no one hogging all the arm room and you can take as long as you wanttt. no one talking through the credits and asking you what this thing means in the movie
no one to judge you on how many snax you buy for the movie !!!

Ivorytw

Middle Management
HSC
N/A
yeah and you can even pretend like they're for someone else when they're not!!!

like sometimes when I go to the cake shop down the road I ask for a slice of cake (they're in slabs) and then I ask them to cut it in half like as if it's for someone else, but it's all for meee!!!

Levity

HSC
Not weird at all. I've watched a movie by myself once.

stereoheart

HSC
I have been to the movies alone once.-Best experience! No one to predict out loud whats coming next or laugh annoyingly and you dont have to worry about your friends liking/not liking the movie you picked.

And I prefer shopping alone because theres no one to complain at how long it takes me to make a decision or the number of shops i go to and you can focus on doing what YOU want to do instead of going to shops that you wont need anything from.

...But this could all just be my antisocial side shining through.

Annihilist

HSC
I go by myself. I don't care. Sometimes it's good so you get an unbiased viewing; people don't talk to you about the movie while it's still going.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
i wouldn't mind going by myself, but I prefer going with a few friends (not a large group as this can get annoying but maybe 2-3)

Lentern

HSC
Essentially no but the fact that you asked about it suggests you are weary of perceived social shunning that you would be too self aware for the whole thing to be able to enjoy yourself.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Never gone by myself. I'm not a big movie watching person myself but... usually I don't go to the movies because there's nothing good on.

halapenyo

HSC
Essentially no but the fact that you asked about it suggests you are weary of perceived social shunning that you would be too self aware for the whole thing to be able to enjoy yourself.
i would say i tend to be slightly self conscious. but not to the point where i would be distracted throughout the entire movie by the fact i am there alone.

HSC
Uni Grad
It's not a bad thing imo, I've done that several times before. After school, if there was a good movie that was out, I'd go and watch it (on Tuesdays, because school ended early and it was cheaper too) on my own, or occasionally with a few friends of mine. (Y)

Aysce

HSC
^

Even if you are self-conscious, i don't think anyone else really gaf anyways.

Sanical

SpiderAnderson
HSC
yeah and you can even pretend like they're for someone else when they're not!!!

like sometimes when I go to the cake shop down the road I ask for a slice of cake (they're in slabs) and then I ask them to cut it in half like as if it's for someone else, but it's all for meee!!!
Haha nice :).

=/.

halapenyo

HSC
thanks for your responses guys. guess i just have to try it for myself and see how it is. will report back about experience.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
You're not really supposed to speak during the movie anyways...

That's why when I go to the movies with friends, it's a hang out session before or after.

For example, when I went with friends to see Harry Potter 7 Part 2 - we took the bus to Blacktown, had breakfast, waited outside Hoyts in the cold for a half hour chatting and hanging out... and we saw the first screening after the midnight screening.

Sanical

SpiderAnderson
HSC
You're not really supposed to speak during the movie anyways...

That's why when I go to the movies with friends, it's a hang out session before or after.

For example, when I went with friends to see Harry Potter 7 Part 2 - we took the bus to Blacktown, had breakfast, waited outside Hoyts in the cold for a half hour chatting and hanging out... and we saw the first screening after the midnight screening.
lol I watched the same session at blacktown :O

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
lol I watched the same session at blacktown :O
Did you see the noisy group of about 10 at the back of the theatre? That was (the group that had) me!

If you remember the Asian guy that had to run down to get popcorn twice - then you saw me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)