Good Headphone brands (2 Viewers)

OMGITzJustin

HSC
N/A
my brother has these ultrasone 900s, they absolutely sound ****king amazing, you gotta get a small amplifier though to bring out it's full potential

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
my brother has these ultrasone 900s, they absolutely sound ****king amazing, you gotta get a small amplifier though to bring out it's full potential
Even my ATH-M50s sound much better through my computer (have a sound card with headphone amplifier) than my ipod.

OMGITzJustin

HSC
N/A
Even my ATH-M50s sound much better through my computer (have a sound card with headphone amplifier) than my ipod.
woah your headphones are rated super highly, must give them a go lol.
but yeah I agree if your computer has a good sound card it will sound better than ipod/iphone. for me though (my bro actually lol) sound quality is far worse on computer

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
woah your headphones are rated super highly, must give them a go lol.
but yeah I agree if your computer has a good sound card it will sound better than ipod/iphone. for me though (my bro actually lol) sound quality is far worse on computer
They have a really good reputation, but a lot of people would argue they have become overrated. I decided to get them because my old JVC Harx900s broke and they were supposedly a good copy of some other Audio Technica headphones so thought I may as well try the M50s. In the end they are still pretty much "entry level" headphones. I like them but I wouldn't call myself an audiophile.

Definitely worth getting a sound card if you have spent any money on headphones. For entry level headphones the ASUS Xonar DG is a pretty good sound card (providing you don't use Linux), has inbuilt headphone amplifier and costs like $30. Anything better than that would be around $200 or require a stand alone amplifier.

Oh and when i say "m50s" I am just referring to them in a plural form, I have the coiled cable version as opposed to the straight cabled "M50S"

Last edited:

deloving

HSC
They have a really good reputation, but a lot of people would argue they have become overrated. I decided to get them because my old JVC Harx900s broke and they were supposedly a good copy of some other Audio Technica headphones so thought I may as well try the M50s. In the end they are still pretty much "entry level" headphones. I like them but I wouldn't call myself an audiophile.

Definitely worth getting a sound card if you have spent any money on headphones. For entry level headphones the ASUS Xonar DG is a pretty good sound card (providing you don't use Linux), has inbuilt headphone amplifier and costs like $30. Anything better than that would be around $200 or require a stand alone amplifier.

Oh and when i say "m50s" I am just referring to them in a plural form, I have the coiled cable version as opposed to the straight cabled "M50S"
As a proud owner of ATH-m50 I agree with what you've said.

For anyone actually willing to buy decent headphones, take a peek here: http://www.head-fi.org/

If you end up getting into it (spending hundreds of dollars on audio equipment) - you did not hear it about that website from me.

OMGITzJustin

HSC
N/A

yeah man thanks for the suggestion.
my room setup is catered for a desktop so I got logitech G51 5.1 sound quite a while ago and sound from the speakers is good but not the best as it could be. probably because of the cheap sound card that came with my computer (dell studio xps desktop) lol
wouldn't mind upgrading my sound card to use my speaker's potential, and plug in some headphones if I want to listen to music with decent quallity in private when I get a pair

Examine

same
HSC
As a proud owner of ATH-m50 I agree with what you've said.

For anyone actually willing to buy decent headphones, take a peek here: http://www.head-fi.org/

If you end up getting into it (spending hundreds of dollars on audio equipment) - you did not hear it about that website from me.
I will also vouch for Audio Technica's ATH-M50's

Examine

same
HSC
But don't make the mistake of buying a straight cable like I did :( :cry: :(

seanieg89

HSC
Yeah man, am in love with these things. Amps max out their potential but they are still pretty amazing from standard sources.

Garygaz

HSC
rocking sennheiser amperiors - yeh son

p.s. monsters are just average earphones with way overcompensated bass. if you like hip-hop i guess they are okay - but meh.

OMGITzJustin

HSC
N/A
rocking sennheiser amperiors - yeh son

p.s. monsters are just average earphones with way overcompensated bass. if you like hip-hop i guess they are okay - but meh.
yeah tbh monster, beats are all overrated for earphones (and headphones)

I got westone 3 earphones, not sure if anyone has heard of those, and I'm pretty sure they rip those apart

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)