• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

good rock music 2 download (1 Viewer)

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
The Butterfly Effect is not Top 40 nor is Disturbed, Seether, Stabbing Westward, Saliva etc. So STFU.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
haha wtf ?? come on loz, SW Seether, Disturbed and saliva are completely top 40!

butterfly effect arent and there are some exceptions, but the majority of the others are in no way underground, they are mainstream.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
hehe anything mainstream is top 40 to me :)

/edit/

not that theres anything wrong, but i hate it when people start proclaiming they are 'alternative' etc, when they arent...

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
Originally posted by Loz#1
Dave85 - You might like Jeff Buckley. Try "Last Goodbye", "Everybody Here Wants You" and "Grace".
best songs... He's also got a version of Hallelujah which I totally adore... it makes me cry.
Stabbing Westward's cover of Bizzare Love Triangle is good, so is a Sense Field- Save Yourself.. It's not really rocky its just... nice.

Krangelus

i am a tiger
HSC
N/A
look at Asylum thinking he/she/it is this big hardcore rocker. You are hardcore asylum, would you like us to bow down to your feet now or later?

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Originally posted by Krangelus
look at Asylum thinking he/she/it is this big hardcore rocker. You are hardcore asylum, would you like us to bow down to your feet now or later?
Nah, Asylum is cool, let him stand on his soap box for awhile :p

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
In no way did i say anything suggesting that.

Where in ANY of my posts have i proclaimed that i wanted to be revered as some sort of hardcore rocker. Ive been trying to show you that you are the one trying to be one.

Manufactured songs are just crap that you can sing along to on the radio in your car because you dont have a cd player...
a good song is more than just the *fluff* the radio has on all the time.

Because I Can.

I listen to different types of music that represent my mood, because a good song can "get" you and be expressing exactly what your feeling, so its kinda a reinforcement of how your feeling.

The crap on the radio is just your stereotype music, if you want more you have to listen elsewhere.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Loz#1
Nah, Asylum is cool, let him stand on his soap box for awhile :p
^^

need to release some stress from exams dammit ><

Krangelus

i am a tiger
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by AsyLum
BWHAHAHHAHAHHAAHHAHAHHAHHAHA

*shakes head*

you my friend are a retard.
So you just stick anything in the cd player when you want to listen to music do you? You stick in one of your hardcore fuckstick cds because you are the alternative rock music king? LOL people like you make me laugh because you try so hard to be "alternative" to everybody else that you just look like the biggest losers LOL

hehe anything mainstream is top 40 to me :)

/edit/

not that theres anything wrong, but i hate it when people start proclaiming they are 'alternative' etc, when they arent...
yes because we're not as alternative as you... i dont see you posting up any of your alternative bands up here so that we can SEE the light just like you have...

Krangelus

i am a tiger
HSC
N/A
In no way did i say anything suggesting that.

Where in ANY of my posts have i proclaimed that i wanted to be revered as some sort of hardcore rocker. Ive been trying to show you that you are the one trying to be one.

lol you make me laugh....

where have i claimed to be "as some sort of hardcore rocker. Ive been trying to show you that you are the one trying to be one."

Last edited:

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
So you just stick anything in the cd player when you want to listen to music do you? You stick in one of your hardcore fuckstick cds because you are the alternative rock music king? LOL people like you make me laugh because you try so hard to be "alternative" to everybody else that you just look like the biggest losers LOL

err.... yes thats the point! i listen to music i like...you didnt listen to anything i said ? I said that i have no problems listening to top40 just dont tell me its underground and its PEOPLE LIKE YOU that promote that kind of thinking that shit me!

Bands i like ?

They range from classics from Zeppelin, Sabbath, Pixies, Ramones, Queen, etc to some of the metal and punk and grunge genre, Metallica, Iron Maiden, Megadeth, Fear Factory, Nightwist, Pantera, Slayer, Opeth, Rammstein, Powerman 5K, Green Day, The Livid, Finger Eleven, Slapshock, Offspring, APC, Tool, Mars Volta, At The Drive-In, Dredge, etc.

So i have a diverse range of musical likings. On top of that i also like basically everything bar country and new rnb.

So blah!

Krangelus

i am a tiger
HSC
N/A
I said that i have no problems listening to top40 just dont tell me its underground and its PEOPLE LIKE YOU that promote that kind of thinking that shit me!
where did i ever say its fucking underground?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
"not on the radio" "its not manufactured"

etc etc

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
on the radio ? no, still as widely spread ? yes

manufactured ? definitely.

Owyn

HSC
Good rock on MMM, sadly is very very limited. Alot of the great stuff doesn't make it because they belong to the wrong label. Alas one brilliant band that got through is The Living End. I'd be more specific about songs but I'd end up naming 20 or so just on the legendary songs.

However if you don't mind going past mainstream i got some other recommends.

Metallica- Master of Puppets
Metallica- Nothing else Matters(not metal but good)
Metallica- The Unforgiven
Iron Maiden- Fear of the Dark
Iron Maiden- The Trooper
Area 7- Bitter Words
Area 7- Nobody likes a Bogan

Or if you like comedy songs
The Vandals- My Girlfriends Dead
Frenzal Rhomb- Russel Crowee's Band
are rather good.

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
Iron Maiden - phantom of the opera
Hammerfall - renegade
ozzy osbourne - crazy train

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)