Good to have smart friends? (1 Viewer)

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
yeah i reckon its good. try and take more than you give though =] but after you get your internal rankings its actually BETTER for all your friends to go well. then start giving all you have =]

HSC
Doctor Jolly said:
Although I do know of some people who just like to use others smartness or those really competitive people who adapt to the term 'Keep your friends close, keep your enemies closer'
I can think of so many people that I know who fit this description

Supaman92

HSC
I would say its good, but only if you yourself are intelligent and also share common values and interests. Otherwise there is no point really in trying to befriend smart people in your grade, it would just be awkward. My friends are mix, but going to a pretty good school (academically) means that they are all generally bright people, and it motivates you to a lot better academically.

OhNivlek2

HSC
Most of the people in my group are smart, first in this; first in that -_-. But i prefer to be around smart people, it's like my motivation for the HSC plus i can totally leech their work lol.

HSC
my friends decided that i'm the smart one in the group so they don't listen in class- especially english- and expect me to tell them what our teacher told us at the end of the lesson. They also expect me to read their assignment and assessment task drafts to make sure they are doing the right thing and help them if they don't understand.

Last edited:

-tal-

HSC
Picture this: the top 3 maths students are in one group. It's always the top 2 fighting it out, and one never fails coming third. The competition is healthy, but sucks when you don't win.

My friend asked me to analyse an image for her, and then randomly slips in "I was gonna, you know, twist your words into mine" then she smiles the "I need help" smile. It's for an English assessment. And to add insult to injury, she copied the image from deviantART and is calling it her own. (it's meant to be created ourselves)

Advice anyone?

youngminii

Banned
HSC
-tal- said:
Picture this: the top 3 maths students are in one group. It's always the top 2 fighting it out, and one never fails coming third. The competition is healthy, but sucks when you don't win.

My friend asked me to analyse an image for her, and then randomly slips in "I was gonna, you know, twist your words into mine" then she smiles the "I need help" smile. It's for an English assessment. And to add insult to injury, she copied the image from deviantART and is calling it her own. (it's meant to be created ourselves)

Advice anyone?
Help her out.

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
-tal- said:
Are you talking about my MX2 class? :p Well, except I always come first, and it's a battle for second :p

Chinmoku03

Ippen, Shin de Miru?
HSC
TBH, I think calling the whole thing abusing people is exaggerating. The people who help you out with a question are also using this opportunity to revise and confirm to themselves that their understanding of that certain concept is still there. I had a friend back in YR12 who came first in 3U and 4U maths, phys and chem and I always ask him for help when I'm stuck on a maths question. Obv, if the person asks you to stop pestering them, you should, but if not, I don't see what's so bad about it.

Besides, uni basically screams to everyone, "Know some smart friends or seniors NAO!", lol.

kathalicious

HSC
YES YES YES!
They help you heaps
&& keep you motivated!

If you read this Anna,
love you ! &hearts;

The Spectre

HSC
-tal- said:

Advice anyone?
Do not help her. For one, the fact that she has taken this picture and claimed it as her own is plagiarism. If you are aware of this and then proceed to help her and allow her to use your work, knowing she will claim it as her own it will be classed as collusion and you could land in just as much trouble as her if it is found out!

I know it will be difficult as she is a friend of yours but it’s for the better of both of you. You need to tell her that was she is doing is wrong and that it could land her (and you!) in trouble!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)